Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Crashes on importing from iPhone with Catalina

Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2019 Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today I found a new problem.
After connecting my new iPhone 11 Pro with the iMac (Catalina) in order to import photos using LR Classic the application closed suddenly.
After reopen LR I tried again and the message was "no photos found" !
Using a SD card nothing happens but with the Iphone (iOS 13.2) LR close suddenly !Note: This conversation was created from a reply on: Lightroom Classic: Fails to import photos and stalls out on macOS 10.15 Catalina.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
22 Comments
LEGEND ,
Nov 14, 2019 Nov 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just got the same problem! LR crashed after selecting photos to import. Reopened LR, says there are no photos on the iPhone. Anyone? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 15, 2019 Nov 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are aware of this issue and have a fix coming in the next Lightroom Classic update.
Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Dec 10, 2019 Dec 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This should be resolved by the 9.1 update released earlier today. Please give it a try and let us know if you still see the issue after updating.  Thank you for your patience!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 24, 2020 Jan 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue trying to import from iPhone X.  i have done this many times before without a problem but now Lightroom keeps hanging up, won't import, and keeps crashing.   I have installed the 9.1 update that was mentioned.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nancy,

I do not find any crash reports under your email address (used on this forum). Have you been submitting the crash reports?  Are they Apple or Adobe crash reports?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I submitted a crash report this morning to Adobe. Yes, with this email. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm happy to report that, for me at least, the update solved the problem. Just imported 1,100 photos from my phone to LR successfully. Now, if only Apple would make it easier to delete all of them quickly from the phone! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 19, 2020 Mar 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to import all photos from my IPhone 8 using LR Classic 9.2. Doesn't crash - just hangs / or says no photos to import. Sometimes will import a few, then hang. Beyond frustrating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Mar 19, 2020 Mar 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have many photos it can take a long time to populate the grid. If you are using a Macbook, try a different USB port.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 09, 2020 Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had this same problem for awhile.  I have Windows 10 and an iPhone 6S+.  So frustrating.  It will import a few, sometimes many.  Then, it will hang.  I have no clue why it keeps hanging.  It does it on my mac, it does it on my Windows machine.  There's some serious problem with Lightroom Classic's ability to import.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 10, 2020 Apr 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing the same issue. Using a iPhone XR. The first attempt imported about 350 out of 600. Now each time I try it will import a few photos then hang.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've noticed a couple of new posters on this thread today. This issue was solved in the 9.1 release of Lightroom Classic and was a Catalina-related fix.  The thread was considered closed at that time. 

I see Kevin is using Windows and Phil has not named an operating system.

Can you both verify your OS Version number [Start] "Winver" and your installed Lightroom version number (Help>System Info...)

It would also help to know the iOS version of your devices. 

I am guessing this needs to be a new thread but without the information I cannot tell yet. 

Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rikk,

Thank you so much for your help.  I have Windows 10 Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.720)

I have Lightroom Classic Version 9.2 [202001311240-2d026470]

My iOS Version is 13.4.1 on an iPhone 6s Plus.

Warm regards,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 11, 2020 Apr 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks and please forgive the delayed reply.

Windows  10 version 1903 OS Build 18362.720
Lightroom Classic Version 9.2  [202001311240-2d026470]
iPhone XR iOS 13.3.1

Thanks,

Phil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 12, 2020 Apr 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

original thread Mac. These users are Windows

Please reference the new conversation here: Lightroom Classic: Windows 10 Hangs during import from iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to Windows thread

Please reference the new conversation here: iPhone Import Hangs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

belongs in new thread

Please reference the new conversation here: iPhone Import Hangs

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 17, 2020 Apr 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a similar problem. I'm running LR 9.2.1 with OS 10.15.4 on a 2018 Mac Mini with iOS 13.4.1 on an iPhone11Pro. My LR catalog is on my internal hard drive, but all of the pictures are stored over the local network on a Synology with a dedicated IP address that automatically mounts on my Mac Mini. When I connect my iPhone11Pro, LR can see all of the photos on the phone, but when I try to import just one or two photos (or any amount), it looks to start the import process, but hangs and actually never imports anything. If I quit LR (and the import process), it tells me that "The following files were not imported because they cannot be read or the destination folder is not writeable. (1)". While I understand this might be potentially a Synology issue, I can import plenty of other photos from various hard drives to the same library (the only one I use, currently containing 75K photos), so I suspect it's not. Any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 17, 2020 Apr 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jason,

I'm confident its not your Synology.  I have struggled with importing issues from both my Mac and my Windows machine to an NAS device.   My problem seems identical to yours.  I switched from the Mac to Windows in an attempt to find a resolution.  No success.  I'm encouraged that Rikk might facilitate a solution.  Otherwise, its so disappointing.  Lightroom has some fantastic features and a great interface.  But it utterly fails in the basic "block and tackle" of simply getting the photos into the catalogue from one of the most predominant devices in the market - the iPhone.  I don't know why Adobe hasn't made this a higher priority to fix.

Kevin  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 19, 2020 Apr 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is your connection AFP or SMB?

SMB will work far better.  If you connect via your Synology device's name rather than IP address do things work better?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 21, 2020 Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's SMB. I haven't tried yet to switch to the device name. I'll try that. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jul 01, 2021 Jul 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Rikk hi,

I'm wondering if this thread is still alive..

I'm having similar issues and would love to find a fix for the issue.
I'm using Windows 10 (sorry not sure of version number as I'm on a different PC posting this, and LR Classic 6.14. 
Now, I realise the post originally mentioned that the issue was fixed in LR Classic 9.1, but considering I can no longer get that, I'm wondering if there's a workaround?

Votes

Translate

Translate