• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: crashes upon first access to Map module after Import

Explorer ,
Apr 03, 2021 Apr 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LrC 10.2, macOS Big Sur 11.2.3 on iMac Pro w/ 64 GB memory and Radeon Pro Vega 64 16 GB.

After Import, and only after Import, access to the Map module, either via the pin on an image or directly to the tab, results in LrC instantly blowing out and presenting Adobe and Apple crash report dialogs. After recommendation of another Adobe forum's administrator to reset preferences and reboot, problem still exists.

Many crash reports submitted and should be available for analysis.

Bug Investigating
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
19 Comments
Explorer ,
Apr 04, 2021 Apr 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To be clear, this happens with 100% of my images. The key does not seem to be the images but instead that I just completed an import. After the crash Map module is accessible until I perform the next import.

If, after considering this, engineering thinks one of my images would be useful I can include one. I am recording NEF in my Z 6II and converting to DNG during import. I suspect that should be enough to know to replicate the issue. Since others are having the issues with different hardware, it may simply be related to importing as DNG.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Further testing: I am usually using a Nikon Z 6II so I tried my D750 and results were exactly the same. I normally use Copy as DNG during import so I tried simply Copy and I received the same results, so it doesn't matter if I have DNG or NEF files when I select the Map module.

I wanted to include a NEF file so engineering has something handy to play with, but I don't know how to provide a NEF image. It seems that you are limited to JPEG/PNG/etc. In any case, I do not believe that the problem is image specific anyway. Instead it must have something to do with process or library.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does sound like a strange bug, but it doesn't hurt if you rule out OS issues by giving your Mac the "once over":

Try Onyx to rule out a corrupt cache or application state, instructions below (I was a Mac IT pro for 25 years). I've fixed app issues thousands of times with it! Download the free Onyx (https://www.titanium-software.fr/en/onyx.html), select the Onyx version FOR YOUR OS, download, run it, reboot.

In Onyx run almost everything in the Maintenance tab, deselecting things you may not want deleted, like Launch Services. Hit the "Options" button across from "Internet" and check/deselect more stuff like Cookies & Other Site Data, Browser History, Form Values, (which are OFF by default), but make any other choices you want to keep. Don’t know what something is? Google it, or ask me, or don’t run it, then hit Run Tasks. After it's done it will ask for a reboot. You will see you've gained some hard drive space.

Also try to fix any directory damage by running Disk First Aid from Disk Utility: boot into Recovery Mode, (hold down Command-R when booting). When you're in Recovery Mode go to the Utilities menu and launch Disk Utility, select Macintosh HD (or whatever), and say Repair Disk. When done go to Apple Menu for Startup disk and restart normally. (Alsoft is still working on a version of Disk Warrior for APFS volumes).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seeing this too, LrC 10.2, MacOS Big Sur 11.2.3 on MBP 13" late 2013, 16GB RAM.

After import click on Map module at top and LrC crashes completely, get both Adobe and Apple crash dialogues. Restarting LrC I can go to Map module fine.

I'm importing D700 and D810 NEFs, happens for both. Also happens consistently and every time I import.

Agree symptom does not seem linked to any particular image - this happens with whatever new images I've taken.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We've reviewed the email address you use with this forum and find no crash reports in our system.

Did you see a crash dialog?

Do you use a different email address when filling out the crash report?

Was the crash dialog Adobe, Microsoft or Apple?

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PeterRussell, after consulting with an Adobe tech, posted a workaround that worked for me for this issue. This can be found at the link posted immediately above. It seems that the catalog has been corrupted. To correct the problem you can create a new catalog and perform an Import Catalog to suck in the old catalog. I do not know if it is relevant, but, following Peter's suggestion, I also permitted LrC "Full Disk Access" in Security and Privacy > Privacy > Full Disk Access. Thanks to PeterRussell for that!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Rikk - Please look for brett.binns@gmail.com if it isn't under binns.com@gmail.com. If you could remove this (or just leave a message for me to remove the email addresses) after recording the email addresses that would be great.

I have submitted countless Adobe and Apple crash dialogs on this issue.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I've followed the advice here (https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic/lrc-10-2-crashes-on-first-map-access-after-import-m...) to ensure LrC has full disk access, create a new catalogue and then import all files - sadly I still have exactly the same issue; when I import and then go to Map module it crashes immediately.

I'm importing NEFs from a D810; setup is:

MBP 13” late 2013, 16GB RAM

Second monitor 4k LG 27UL600-W

MacOS Big Sur 11.2.3

LrC 10.1.1 (downgraded from 10.2 due to blurry 2nd monitor in Develop module issue

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/lightroom-classic-monitor-2-in-lightr...)

...any other thoughts @Rikk ?

Many thanks, John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@PeterRussell found that his catalog very quickly re-corrupted itself and the problem recurred. I have therefore removed the Correct Answer designation to this fix. We are hoping that Adobe engineering was able to find our crash dumps and are able to analyze the problem. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am unable to replicate this behavior on 10.15.7 with Lightroom 10.  However, I was able to locate crash logs for Brett. I have asked the team to look into this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I switch to the web module for the first time after importing some images, Lr Classic either crashes or displays the message "Error initializing web module." If I quit and restart, it generally works the second time. Running MacOS 11.2.3.

BTW, annoying that you can't select the build # in the About box, which would make it easy to paste it in here...

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This sounds very similar to another report about LR crashing after the first access to the Map module after importing images:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/lightroom-classic-crashes-upon-first-... 

Make sure you submit the crash logs to Adobe when asked.  An Adobe employee should come by here sooner and later and may ask you privately for your email address to find the crash logs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a similar report but with the Web module rather than the Map module:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/lightroom-classic-102-crashes-on-swit...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This crash is a known issue and the team has a bug logged for it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did, as reported elsewhere, get a 'fix' from Adobe, which worked perfectly the first time, but every one subsequent to that the problem happened again every time, even on newly created catalogues. All crash logs have been submitted to Adobe for investigation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good. Adobe employee Rikk Flohr indicates that crash logs have been identified and attached to this bug report.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jun 09, 2021 Jun 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When shifting module to Map og Web, LR Classical, running on iMac, crashes. After restart you change module. Has been a problem for some months now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 09, 2021 Jun 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This thread is being merged into an existing authoritative thread for better tracking and response. Please review the official answer (if any) in the second post on the thread for more information. 

I checked your crash bucket and this thread will be the correct one to follow for a fix. 

Votes

Translate

Translate