• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Crashing when Changing Tethering Info in Live View on Canon

Community Beginner ,
Feb 02, 2022 Feb 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I have an active tether session and then click on the gear icon to update the tether settings and making any changes to a live tether, hitting the return button causes LR to crash. It will not crash if I click on "Ok"

I have a team of computers using the following:

• LR 11.0 or later
  • Big Sur or Catalina 
  • Canon 6ds or canon 6dII.  

This is an issue on all computers using the above set up.

Bug Acknowledged
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 02, 2022 Feb 02, 2022

Setting status - adding bug number.

Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate
12 Comments
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can duplicate your crash with an R5. I will log a bug with the team. Thanks for the report!

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Setting status - adding bug number.

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products
Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2022 Feb 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been shooting tethered from my Nikon D850 to Lightroom Classic on my 2014 MacBook Pro with no problems at all until last week when every time I tried to enter custom text in the Tethered Capture Settings, it crashed Lightroom. When reopened, the custom text was there but if I tried to change it, the same thing happened. I was running Catalina, now Big Sur, reinstalled LR - no change. Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2022 Feb 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rikk, Thank you - not sure what you're referring to but I may have got to the bottom of the problem - the usb port on the D850 was a bit loose after having the cable pulled out and when I tried LR on my wife's 2020 MBP I had the same problem, but when I tried a different D850, it seemed OK.......so far, so it might be related to a poor connection in the usb port on the camera. We shall see.......

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2022 Feb 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice work Paul - this was driving me crazy - having tried different cables, a different laptop and different camera bodies, I think you're right - if I avoid the return key following changes and use the OK button instead, LR doesn't crash. I would never have thought of that, so now at least I have a workaround. BTW I am shooting Nikon D850s onto a MacBook Pro so it's an equal opportunities bug!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 28, 2022 Mar 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic version: 11.2

MacOS version: 11.6.4 Big Sur

After tethered capture has already been initiated and then subsequently editing the Custom Text in the naming section of the Tethered Capture Settings window and then clicking OK, Lightroom Classic crashes.

Step 1: Begin tethered capture normally.

Step 2: Open Tethered Capture settings.

Step 3: Edit custom text and start number.

Step 4: Click Ok.

Expected result: Tethered capture begins again with new naming for subsequent files.

Actual result: Lightroom Classic crashes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 28, 2022 Mar 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reading through the initial post of this thread and I want to ammend my own post. Clicking OK does not cause an issue for me either, it is in fact with pressing return or enter on the keyboard that causes the crash. Additionally, I don't have to make any edits on the settings dialog box to replicate the crash. Merely opening the settings window and pressing return or enter still causes a crash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2022 Apr 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Discovered during a huge shoot today with lots of in and out of the Tethered Capture Settings window that pressing the Return key will cause a crash of the app. Using the Fn + Return (so it becomes Numeric Enter) prevents the crash. Clicking the OK button will also not crash the application. 

We have confirmed this on two different Macs, both running Lightroom Classic 11.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jun 02, 2022 Jun 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Issue: This seems consistent and repeatable in our studio. As described in the subject line, Lightroom Classic crashes when I dismiss the Tethered Capture Settings window by pressing the "Return" key - but not if I click "Okay" with the mouse. This only happens when modifying an already running tether session, not when first starting a tether session.

• Lightroom Classic Version Number: 11.3.1
  • OS Version Number: 12.3

Steps to reproduce:

1. Start a Tethered Capture session (I am using Canon) and capture some photos.
  2. Click the gear icon on the floating tether control bar to modify some aspect of the session (usually filename custom text for me).
  3. Press the "Return" key on the keyboard to dismiss the settings dialogue.

Expected result: The settings dialogue should go away and I can resume shooting.
Actual result: LR Classic crashes immediately.

We have two other photographers running Intel MBPs who have the same issue. Obviously not a huge issue, and easily avoided, but I'm wondering if it's an actual bug or something more local to our setup. I'd be glad to provide more info if needed.

-Andy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Four months and still no fix for an application crash?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 09, 2022 Sep 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ya, My R5 tethered, tells me to restart LR and then it crashes.

Votes

Translate

Translate