• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Crop tool "jumps"

LEGEND ,
Jun 27, 2014 Jun 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I crop or straighten images in LR 5.5 my crop tool seems to jump into another "suggested" cropping. Then it jumps back to my cropping. This is very annoying and takes a lot of times when editing 1000+ images in a row ...
I hope there is help. I have seen this problem in a lot of other forums aswell but there is not solution yet. I guess it's a bug that needs to be solved.

Working on Mac OS X 10.9.3 (Server HD)

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 18, 2014 Nov 18, 2014
There was some work done on the crop tool in the 5.7 release. After installing, can you let us know if you are still seeing this 'jump'?

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate
16 Comments
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see this in Mac. I have checked. A bug has been reported in Windows already. I have added the Mac OS to the bug as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! I really hope this gets solved very soon!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jul 06, 2014 Jul 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 09, 2014 Jul 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem on a Windows 7 Machine. It seems to happen especially when switching from the library into the crop tool directly via the R shortcut with images that are already cropped. It then displays a crop frame overlaid on what should be the whole image, but instead the "whole image" displays the previously cropped image area for a short moment until lightroom corrects itself. Maybe the graphics card wrongly reuses the cropped image area for the entire image?

Anyhow, this is terrible if you are used to work at high speed because every crop has to wait for lightroom to catch up with the full image before you can get to work. Please fix ASAP - thanks!

Machine Specs: Windows 7 64 bit, Nvidia GeForce GT 640 w driver version 337.88, 16GB Ram, Lighroom 5.5

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jul 13, 2014 Jul 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem on iMAC and Windows 7, on both installed new CC 2014.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Jul 15, 2014 Jul 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's something to do with the way it's caching the image, it will jump around between the original crop and the crop that you have made. It's very annoying. It's not having a poor video card or lack of power, I have the most powerful 27" iMac you can get with the fastest Nvidia card, and it still does it really bad. I hope they can work on this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jul 16, 2014 Jul 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Ryan,
Can you tell me what is your 27'' iMac (CPU) and graphics card (512MB, 1GB, 2GB)?

I have 27" iMac (I do not remember what CPU) with 512MB graphic card. When I editing photos in Lightroom, exposure - WB atc., update it takes a very long time (It takes about 1 second and much).

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jul 29, 2014 Jul 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upgraded to new LR, and also did a re-install, after experiencing problems for a week. When using the crop tool, the crop goes jittery for about 5 seconds, flicking backwards and forwards . Wasn't there before before upgrade.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 30, 2014 Jul 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new GeForce driver 340.52 seems to resolve this issue for me (Lightroom 5.5, Windows 7 64 bit German, Geforce GT 640).

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 20, 2014 Aug 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correction: the problem persist but they seem to happen less often since the geforce driver update and it seems that the correct image is displayed quicker than before (maybe after 400ms). The raw files are on a network share on my machine, maybe that makes a difference as well (windows file sharing, 1 Gbit cable network)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 15, 2014 Nov 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the jumping issue while cropping adds at least 5-7 extra seconds to editing each image. when you are editing 700 wedding files, this issue is adding an entire hour on to my job.

also, i went out and bought a brand new computer, because i thought it wasn't powerful enough, and that was what was causing the issue, but it persists.

i've also spent hours on the phone with adobe, to which i get "we're going to look into this, and get back to you" - like they've never heard of this happening before, but as you can imagine, they never get back to me with a solution.

please fix this issue adobe. thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I joined in on this issue some 4 months ago, and whilst I saw a little improvement on an update, the jumping is still going on. Very frustrating . I too, brought a new machine, a Mac Mini 16 GB RAM, 1TB Fusion; and it's on that one too. I have lost confidence in Adobe fixing this issue, so just adopted the attitude of grinning and bearing it because of all the other LR good features, but when I saw Kat's post, I thought...Adobe's gotta fix this!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's killing my soul a little bit. it's november. I'm a wedding photographer. i haven't slept more than 5 hours since before October. I just want to be able to crop, without knowing PRECISELY when i know i'm going to need to just take my pen tool off my wacom, or i'll lose my mind. i think if they ever do fix it, my PTSD from it, will take about 6-9 months to go back to thinking it's SAFE to crop normally. maybe longer. I'm not sure. I'm so happy you posted too 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 16, 2014 Nov 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This bug gives me vertigo. PLease fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 18, 2014 Nov 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There was some work done on the crop tool in the 5.7 release. After installing, can you let us know if you are still seeing this 'jump'?

Thank you
Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Nov 19, 2014 Nov 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Just quick testing it seems like it's fixed. I've had this problem for so long I just adjusted to it.

Votes

Translate

Translate