• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Crop zoom in and out bug. Please address (mac)

LEGEND ,
Nov 13, 2014 Nov 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having an issue with the crop tool in Lightroom 5.6. When I go to apply a crop, the picture will quickly zoom in, and then zoom back out on me for no reason. Happens consistently. It's very annoying, so if you could fix it, that would be fantastic. I'm running Mac OS 10.9.5 on a 2012 2.3 ghz i7 MacBook Pro w/ 16gb of ram.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
4 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 14, 2014 Nov 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Scott, I am unable to duplicate this using a similar machine.

Can you give us more details? What Zoom mode are you in on the Navigator Panel?
Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a slight rotation applied using the Straighten tool? If so, I think I've seen that one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure thing. I have the zoom mode set to Fit in the navigator window, but I have the sidebar closed most of the time. I've uploaded a video showing the behavior so you can see for yourself what is happening. You'll notice the behavior happen at :26 seconds into the video. I'm using keyboard shortcuts to move between images and the R key to activate the crop mode. Other than that I am not hitting any keys. I am specifically NOT hitting the Z key when this happens. Sometimes it will pop in and out once, other times more than once. You can see this demonstrated in the video. It happens often on my machine.

https://vimeo.com/111866973

This behavior is happening when using an external 2560x1440 monitor attached via display port, but I have had it happen on the laptop monitor with no external displays attached as well. My standard preview size is set to 2048 pixels (since I have the retina display). Preview quality at medium. My preview cache says it is currently at 9 gb (seems like a lot?) I have it set to purge 1:1 after one day.

I am typically running LR, PhotoMechanic (although not when this was recorded), Apple Mail, Calendar and Safari. So I don't really have much running when this happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Yep, I'm sure that's the same one.

(BTW, it doesn't help with this bug at all, but did you know you can use Cmd-right arrow to move between photos without having to close and reopen the crop tool?)

Votes

Translate

Translate