• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Curves bug with Wacom Intuos Pro

Explorer ,
Jul 31, 2015 Jul 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This thread has been going on since April when LR CC was released. Please read; https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1827333

So Adobe released Lightroom CC 2015.1.1 and new Wacom driver 6.3.13w3. In hopes of a remedy I thrashed Lightroom .plist preference files (keeping a backup) under my user account and did a fresh install of Wacom driver keeping nothing from previous version. Did that do any change? ... NO!

I'm getting seriously tired of this prolonged bug and it still affects; grabbing slider values and dragging (scrubbing ie. white balance), setting and dragging adjustment points on a RGB histogram, HSL picker tool and generally all sliders when scrubbing. As said before it needs a good push to activate any change, moving the pen fast and quite a bit of travel, then it jumps and moves alot. Thereafter it is somewhat smooth until you release the pen. Using mouse or tablet touch is as perfect as before, but I want to use the pen all the time. I belive that thelazydesigner is right about that this has something to do about Adobe programming a mouse slow down smoothing using LR to increase usability for accelerated mouses. But for pen and tablet usability this jerky and inresponsive feel is appalling.

Keep in mind after reading the forum thread that these issues only affect LR and not Camera Raw. Furthermore it is unaffected by turning on or off GPU acceleration. And sadly everything was working fine in LR 5.7.1.

Bug Acknowledged
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
30 Comments
Explorer ,
Nov 28, 2016 Nov 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rikk, thanks for taking your time trying to duplicate this bug, but I can tell you it's very real to me, and a couple of others I guess. I even tried a clean install with a totally new Mac mini i7 (without any plist-files or tablet drivers) quite recently and now running practically the same setup you have. It seems far fetched; but the only real difference is that I'm running Swedish language localisation, which Wacom doesn't support, however things are fine in PS and Camera Raw. The mouse and finger touch functionality on the tablet has been accurate all along.

I know it is possible to temporarily switch language in LR, but I really don't want to start messing things up. I guess I'll give it a try with a test catalog real soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 29, 2016 Nov 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

re-merge

Please reference the new conversation here: Problem Working with Tone Curve in Lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 01, 2016 Dec 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If a point is near the edge of the Tone Curve box, the mouse consistently 'falls off' the edge and the point disappears. Once I click on a point, I want to be able to move that point without having to keep an eye on the tone curve to make sure I'm staying within the box.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Dec 13, 2016 Dec 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you know.. this bug that seems to have been haunting us for ages is squashed as of LR 2015.8 in conjunction with Wacom driver 6.3.19-10 running macOS 10.12.2 and using a Wacom Intous Pro (PTH-651). I just had to pull the curve a couple of extra time just to make sure, but it's all good. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Dec 26, 2020 Dec 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

5 years later....no fix

Votes

Translate

Translate