• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Default Metadata shows Original and Cropped as same dimensions

Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2022 Apr 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cropped size in pixels is now missing in Library, the full original size is just repeated

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Updates to the Adobe Photography Products were released on June 13.  Please install the update and see if you are still experiencing the issue. 

If you do not see the update (Mac and Win) you can refresh your Creative Cloud App with the keyboard shortcut [Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+[ R ]. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
39 Comments
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2022 Apr 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@johnrellis Thanks a lot my friend, it is really, REALLY helpful. Now it is done. I appreciate your knowledge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 14, 2022 May 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
May 26, 2022 May 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Normally when cropping an image, I check to make sure the cropped dimensions will print out the image size I want.  Today though, no matter what ratio I use (1x1, 8x10, 16x9, etc) it will not give me what the cropped image size is.  It shows original dimensions and cropped as the same!

What is going on????

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you viewing the cropped dimensions in the Metadata panel? That's a known bug in LR 11.3 and 11.3.1. Two workarounds:

- Set the option Catalog Settings > Metadata > Automatically Write Changes Into XMP.

- Roll back to LR 11.2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its an acknowledged bug in LrC 11.3.1 with a promised fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
May 27, 2022 May 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Bob SomrakI tried setting the metadata tab from defaut to "EXIF and IPTC" and it still doesn't show the correct cropped dimensions.  Still shows the orginal dimensions and cropped as same.  Weird thing is that this bug didn't kick in until yesterday evening.  It was working fine in the morning.  What can be done?????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@johnrellisWeird thing about this bug is that metadata was fine until yesterday evening when it went "buggy"  Will try the first workaround you suggested.  Does that usually do the trick or if not can I just unclick that tab to return my catalog setting to what they were before?  If that workaround doesn't do it (and it's still working on it as I type) will the Roll back to LR 11.2 cause any problems with my workflow and will my current catalog work with it?

Thanks...this is soooo frustrating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have used the following for temporary relief, from the menu in Library module select the images that have the problem and do metadata > save metadata to the files " that should make the proper crop dimensions display. If they are raw images sidecar xmp file would be created which you can delete if you wish. I hope the bug will be corrected in the next update.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Does that usually do the trick or if not can I just unclick that tab to return my catalog setting to what they were before?"

It appears to fix the issue permanently.  If you turn off the option, than the problem will start happening again for any changes to crops made after that point.  If you just want to fix the Metadata display of a set of photos temporarily, you can use @DdeGannes's suggestion of Metadata > Save Metadata To File for the affected photos, but the problem will occur again for any changes you make to crops.

"will the Roll back to LR 11.2 cause any problems with my workflow"

It won't cause any problems, unless you're using a camera or lens whose support was added in 11.3 or 11.3.1 or you were relying on one of the few bug fixes made in those two versions:

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/whats-new-in-lightroom-classic-11-3/

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/whats-new-in-lightroom-classic-11-3-1/ 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@johnrellis  I did the "Set the option Catalog Settings > Metadata > Automatically Write Changes Into XMP." Fix for the cropping bug fix and it worked...but only on original RAW files.  It doesn't work on any virtual copies and I use them a lot in order to try multiple edits before chosing one and deleting the rest.  Is that supposed to happen?

Fix this bug Adobe!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"It doesn't work on any virtual copies"

I see that too -- I don't think anyone had tested that yet.  Doesn't surprise me, since reading/writing metadata from disk is treated differently for virtual copies.

Switching the Metadata panel to EXIF And IPTC shows the correct crop dimensions for me (including virtual copies), but if that doesn't work for you, I think your options are to roll back to LR 11.2 or to use the Info Overlay in Library or Develop Loupe view (View > Loupe Info > Cycle Info Display).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@johnrellisThe develop loupe view workaround WORKS!!!  Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Updates to the Adobe Photography Products were released on June 13.  Please install the update and see if you are still experiencing the issue. 

If you do not see the update (Mac and Win) you can refresh your Creative Cloud App with the keyboard shortcut [Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+[ R ]. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate