• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: does not show any pictures in folders with >N pictures!

Explorer ,
Mar 20, 2012 Mar 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom 4 does not show any pictures in folders with >N pictures! In my case, N is about 400. No matter if I try to view exisiting folders, or if I import new pictures. Lightroom tells the right number of pictures in the folder, but reports "no pictures" when trying to view the folder contents. Folders with <N pictures work fine. Catalog has been imported and converted from Lightroom 3.6. I am not able to use Lightroom 4 now. The problem is already known, see
http://forums.adobe.com/message/42743...
This is very annoying. Please let me know when we can expect a solution. Is there any place where a customer who has bought Lightroom can contact Adobe directly on this subject? Thanks.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 29, 2012 Mar 29, 2012
The public RC build of Lightroom 4.1 was just posted on http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/li.... Please install and give it a try. If this problem persists, post back and let us know. More information is available at http://blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjournal/.

Votes

Translate

Translate
14 Comments
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As you've noted, we've heard about this from others. We were able to reproduce the problem internally, using catalogs collected from a few customers. There's a bug logged now, and we're working on it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Becky,
thanks for your reply. Any idea how long this might take? I remember being in contact with you regarding my previous problem with Lightroom (crashes after undefined amount of time resulting in Lightroom applying arbitrary presets to the picture) many months before. I had my catalogue sent to you and never heard back from you. Now I bought this update, hoping to get rid of that problem, resulting in not being able to work with Lightroom anymore AT ALL. Therefore I ask you to give me a rough idea when you plan to provide a working update.
Regards,
Gabriela

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Mar 22, 2012 Mar 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gabriela,

First, let me apologize about the previous bug with Lightroom 3. We weren't able to make it happen internally, even with your catalog, and I neglected to follow up with you about that.

Regarding this issue with Lightroom 4, we are working on a fix for this issue and some other bugs that have been reported in this forum. We are going to escalate a release candidate of 4.1 to make a build available with these fixes as soon as possible. Actual timing will depend on when the fixes are completed and tested.

I will make a note to post back to this thread when I have more information.

Becky

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Mar 23, 2012 Mar 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Becky,
thanks for your reply. Yes, please add a post here as soon as a fix is available. Not being able to work with Lightroom for so many days now is not good. This is not just a small bug, but a show-stopper. Normally I would request to get my money back, but I will not do that at this point as I still plan to stick with Lightroom. Anyway, maybe Adobe should think about a little compensation (for instance, an offer to upgrade to the next full version for free) for their disappointed customers. I guess this would be just fair.

Regards,
Gabriela

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Mar 27, 2012 Mar 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try creating a new empty catalogue and then importing and updating the old LR3 cat to that without moving the files. It worked out for me. A lot of trouble though....

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upon upgrading my LR3 library for use with LR4 I noticed that some of my previous folders were now not recognized by the Library module.

While the folder still had the correct number of images listed, the Library module states there are no folders in this folder.

What happened and how do I fix it?? I do not want to lose all the keywording and adjustments that were made to these raw files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR4 will not 'import from another catalog' which was created on another machine using LR4. Why?

The photos are added to the folder with the correct number of images shown, but under the Library module, LR4 says there are no photos in the folder and they cannot be previewed.

This really hampers workflow while shooting an event.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Becky,

I look forward to 4.1 to fix this issue.
This makes using the Nikon D4 raw files very troublesome as LR3 won't recognize them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 28, 2012 Mar 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One other point. This problem has not occurred with LR4 on my macbook pro laptop running OS10.6. I was able to upgrade my library with folders of several thousand images with no problem. I also added new folders with nikon D4 raw images of several thousand images, again with no problem.

This problem, for me only happens on my mac pro tower machine, again running OS 10.6. On this machine the upgrade did not work and I cannot import from another catalog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Mar 29, 2012 Mar 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The public RC build of Lightroom 4.1 was just posted on http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/li.... Please install and give it a try. If this problem persists, post back and let us know. More information is available at http://blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjournal/.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Mar 30, 2012 Mar 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Becky,
thanks for posting this. Yes, the RC seems to have fixed this issue. I had only one hour to test it but no big problems so far.

Just one short remark - when applying a preset that had been saved under LR3 as "user preset" LR 4.1 not only re-sets the engine (which doesn't make sense) but also sets all controls in the development module back to their LR3 equivalents . This is very strange and not supposed to happen. Officially downloaded presets seem to work, but self-created LR3 presets are useless now. I hope that this issue will be fixed with the final version. Will I have to report this somewhere else than here in this thread?

Will the final version replace the RC without any problems? I mean, is it save to work with the RC now without any need to modify the catalog when the final version is available? We all have lost just too many time after buying the LR4 "minor advances but major bugs update" and don't want to risk any further time consuming problems...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 02, 2012 Apr 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gabriela,

Glad to hear the issue is fixed with the Lightroom 4.1 RC.

If you saved a preset in Lightroom 3, the process version used in Lightroom 3 (either 2003 or 2010) may have been saved into the preset as well. If this is the case, then applying the preset in Lightroom 4 will apply the process version saved in the preset. The team is working on getting more information about this posted on the Lightroom journal blog (http://blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjourn....

The 4.1 final version will replace the RC, and catalogs created in the RC or changed with the RC will update to the final 4.1.

Regards,
Becky

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Becky,

I think I responded elsewhere but do not see it. The LR 4.1 RC fixed the library import and display problems for me. I just uploaded a new catalog of 3500 images from my LR4 library on my Macbook Pro laptop to my Mac Pro Tower with no issues. It went smoothly and all of my processing data and keywords, etc. carried over.

Well done and thanks for such a prompt response to this problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Glad to hear it is working for you, Peter!

Votes

Translate

Translate