• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Does not transfer image catalog links when any images are duplicate file names

Explorer ,
Jul 06, 2022 Jul 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you move a set of photos from one folder to another in Lightroom Classic, and the folder you are moving the images to has any duplicate file names, there is an issue where you will get an error message properly indicating the duplicate file names, but there is also an associated bug where the non-duplicates will not be transferred or handled correctly by the catalogue links and you'll receive the (!) icon causing you to have to relocate the files.  As the files move in the operating system, Lightroom doesn't update the links after hitting the duplicates.  As an example, you may move 10 images of your dog from your 'Recently Imported' folder to your 'Pets' folder.  If there are 2 duplicate file names in dogs, you'll receive an error noting that (properly), but a portion of the 8 remaining photos (not all) will have the (!) error symbol indicating the source file cannot be found, even though it remains in the same 'Recently Imported' folder in this example.  Once you reconnect one of the missing images, the others will also be located, and you can then just change the filename of the two duplicates.  This error causes multiple steps and can risk the loss of source images.  There should be no correlation because duplicate file names and the rest of the non-duplicates transferring seamlessly to the new folder/location within the Lightoom OS.  This issue can be reproduced and duplicated. Thank you for solving with a future update!  In my case I am using the most recent version of Lightroom Classic 11.4.1 on my iMac with MacOS Monterey v 12.4, also newest version.  

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
3 Comments
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a link to my YouTube video showing the bug described above

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jul 07, 2022 Jul 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Two further observations:

- I have tested on Big Sur, same results 

- Depending on when Lightroom / OS hits the duplicates in the move, some files stay in the original location along with the duplicates (that cannot be moved)

Votes

Translate

Translate