• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Doesn't respect assigned space; Photoshop does (OS X 10.11.4; LR 2015.5 release)

Community Beginner ,
Mar 30, 2016 Mar 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I run Photoshop and LR CC on a 27" 5k iMac with a second monitor (Dell UltraSharp UP2516D via display port).

Both LR and Photoshop are assigned to 'Desktop on Display 2'.

When launched, Photoshop opens on the secondary monitor.
Lightroom always launches on the main screen.

This has occurred on OS X 10.11.3 and now 10.11.4.

Just tried a re-install of the OS due to an issue with my APC UPS supply not showing and it fixed that issue but not this one.  

Spoke to Apple support about the above and they could not find any info on their end as to why this behavior might be happening.

Just updated LR (release 2015.5) but no change in the behavior.

Any suggestions?  I've got to believe it's an issue with LR since Photoshop behaves correctly.

Bug Acknowledged
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 04, 2016 Apr 04, 2016
I am also able to reproduce this problem, and I have reported the issue to the Lightroom engineers.  However, the problem seems to have an easy workaround: put Lightroom into "Full Screen with Menu Bar" screen mode.  Do this by going to Window>Screen Mode>Full Screen with Menu Bar.  After that, Lightroom launches on the correct screen.  Let me know if that doesn't work for you.

Thanks,
Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate
7 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 04, 2016 Apr 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also able to reproduce this problem, and I have reported the issue to the Lightroom engineers.  However, the problem seems to have an easy workaround: put Lightroom into "Full Screen with Menu Bar" screen mode.  Do this by going to Window>Screen Mode>Full Screen with Menu Bar.  After that, Lightroom launches on the correct screen.  Let me know if that doesn't work for you.

Thanks,
Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 04, 2016 Apr 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Ben!

Not only does that work but it's a better mode than what I had been using.

Appreciate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2016 Apr 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So it turns out that Full Screen mode does not respect the assigned space after a restart.  Also seems to open on main monitor periodically at other times.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 12, 2016 Apr 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry to hear that!  Thanks for following up, I've added this information to the bug report.

-Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2016 Jun 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ben,
Any updates on this? I just saw the LR had a bug fix update but the behavior with a second window hasn't changed.
Thanks!
E

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 20, 2016 Jun 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looking at the notes in the bug report, it looks like a fix was put in for the previous release, and was then pulled because it broke something else.  It's never easy, is it?  🙂  Looks like a fix is still planned for an upcoming release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 21, 2016 Jun 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks Ben.  Really appreciate the update.  Figures that would break something else...

Votes

Translate

Translate