• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Droplets no longer work with export presets (CC 2015.4)

Explorer ,
Jan 27, 2016 Jan 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Export preset where you chose "Open in other application" and you have selected a droplet (I have a folder with many droplets) does not work, because the droplet utilized by photoshop is not the one chosen in the export preset

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Apr 28, 2016 Apr 28, 2016
This should be fixed in the Lightroom CC 2015.5.1/6.5.1 update that was released today: http://blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjournal/2016/04/lightroom-cc-2015-5-1-now-available.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , Mar 16, 2016 Mar 16, 2016

Votes

Translate

Translate
52 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 16, 2016 Mar 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ALFEEL - It's not necessary to call. The multi photo droplet case has been verified, the bug re-opened and the developer notified. I apologize for this oversight; I know that for those of you that use droplets regularly in your workflow, this is a major drag. We'll investigate a workaround and try to get a more complete fix out as soon as possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks much for the prompt reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ah ok super! thanks for the prompt update!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 21, 2016 Mar 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think we are seeing the early warning signs of Adobe losing the plot. They have offered robust apps for years and now they are routinely buggy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 21, 2016 Mar 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I am doing is creating droplet. Selecting the relevant files in Finder (Explorer), if necessary by moving them into a particular folder temporarily, dragging the m onto the droplet, and then importing the files. A pain but functions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Advisor ,
Apr 13, 2016 Apr 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let's review ... I pay a monthly subscription fee so I can receive updates and new features 'when they are ready' only to discover that Adobe refuses to perform due diligence in testing and assessing that work before they release an update, relegating it's license holders to pay-to-play beta tester status.

I skipped Lr v6.2/2015.2 because of the abysmal Import Dialog fiasco. I did successfully update to Lr v6.3/2015.3 ... but then skipped v6.4/2015.4 due to this Droplet bug (actually another removal of function) and that the installer was arbitrarily removing files/folders in the user's root folder on Mac OS X.

Supposedly, the update to v6.5/2015.5 corrected these issues ... only to discover that the Droplet issue is only corrected to address single image export and not batch export like it was capable of from as far back as v2.0. In which case forced me to revert back to v6.3/2015.3 in order to maintain my long established workflow.

The whole impetus of Lightroom was to enhance a photography workflow ... I'm here to tell you, workarounds are not solutions ... just more work. I'd love to know how Adobe has improved my workflow with these past several updates. In my mind, we would all be better off if they would do absolutely nothing more and let well enough alone. At least then we could avoid the down time troubleshooting their mistakes to only end up reverting back to something that does work.

I knew this subscription model would eventually usher in an increased level of complacency and stifle innovation, but I did't think it would transpire so soon. The level of professionalism and attention to detail has diminished greatly at Adobe and it seems to begin with management as evidenced by the poor decision making of late ... the results of their efforts speaking for themselves.

I have been an Adobe license holder for a fair list of application since 1992 and if I could find an alternative to Lightroom today, I'd be gone in a heartbeat. Not because I don't like Lr ... but because I am tired of being treated as nameless, faceless mind-numbed lemming that is willing to pony up my monthly stipend in silent submission.

There was a time when Adobe actually was proud to base their business activities on the merit system and flourished by pushing the envelope as well as treating their customers as a valuable asset.

Unfortunately, those days are gone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Apr 19, 2016 Apr 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Butch, your analysis is on the mark. My refrain is that Adobe is going off the boil, losing its mojo. I had some of the most reliable apps in software, you could edit 1gb files with 200 layers in Photoshop, and now the apps are crashing. They have changed their development and charging philosophy and believe in failing often. and fixing sometimes. Sell your shares. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 19, 2016 Apr 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you seeing a crash with Photoshop or Lightroom? If you are, you should start a new thread, and submit crash log with your Adobe ID: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/submit-crash-reports.html The team is very aggressive at fixing crashing issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Advisor ,
Apr 20, 2016 Apr 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, Jeffrey  ...  if I tell you Lr crashes when I try to export a batch of images to a Ps Droplet ... it will be fixed sooner? You should have told me that a couple of updates ago ... I could have saved myself ... and many other users all the fun of beta testing and trouble shooting for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 28, 2016 Apr 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This should be fixed in the Lightroom CC 2015.5.1/6.5.1 update that was released today: http://blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjournal/2016/04/lightroom-cc-2015-5-1-now-available.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Advocate ,
May 14, 2016 May 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not fixed. Droplet in export preset processes about 1/2 to 2/3 of the files requested but gives the droplet cannot connect error message.
2015.5.1, photohop, bridge, camera raw all up to date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Advisor ,
May 15, 2016 May 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to hear that Gethin ... though now I am glad I haven't had the time to update to 2015.5.1 ... even though I make all my monthly payments on time without fail, I'm still stuck at 2015.3/6.3.

I wonder if I'll be stuck here permanently if I wish to utilize Ps Droplets in my workflow.

Very Troubling.

*** Jeffery – Any chance of a partial refund and a hold on billing until this issue is truly resolved?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
May 16, 2016 May 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gethin,

I would like to do some tests using your Droplet and your Export Preset. Would you be willing to share those files with me? 
How many images are in a typical export that is failing?
Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would also be useful to know the OS. If Windows, it might be running into the command line length limit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi chaps, windows 10. Yes I'm happy to share the droplet. its quite a long action. Exports are typically 15-40 images.   try this: http://adobe.ly/1qp9kOK if you need the action (as opposed to droplet), let me know

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
May 17, 2016 May 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gethin,

I did some testing with my own droplets on 75 and then 150 images and got 75/75 and 150/150 successfully created.  

I sent you a direct email to the address you have registered here requesting your Droplet and your Export Preset so we can have a look and see if we can duplicate. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Advocate ,
May 24, 2016 May 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rikk,
Is there a way for somone at adobe to test this on windows?  OR I can send you the action which may work on your mac, but not sure if testing a windows problem on a mac makes sense 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
May 24, 2016 May 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gethin,

My apologies for the delay.  I don't think it is necessary for you to send me another action. I have access to several Win 10 machines. 

BTW, I am at Adobe...  The engineers originally forwarded your issue to me for testing. After testing on Mac (detailed in a previous post but with my own droplet) and now on Windows 10, I am still unable to duplicate your issue.  My Windows test used your Export Template and your Droplet and was tested on a folder of 120 images. I received back 120 images as a result. No missing images. 

Have you had anyone else test with your Droplet and Template on a similar OS that has also experienced failures since the 2015.5.1 update came out?

Unless you can provide me with additional details that may be specific to either your system or implementation, I am not able to verify your report. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Advocate ,
Jun 03, 2016 Jun 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you test on raw images? my d800 nefs each take quite a while to export.  120 images would take me a couple of hours to export

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 04, 2016 Jun 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes - Canon 5DMKII images - My system is a little faster, it was less than 30 minutes but I didn't watch the time closely so I can't be more accurate than that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Advocate ,
Jun 05, 2016 Jun 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Were you doing anything else whilst it was exporting?  So my raws tend to have quite a lot stuff going on - blurry edges and noise reduction - hence the time.  I'll screencap the next time I run a batch (and of course it'll work fine I bet).  🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 06, 2016 Jun 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Normal other applications: Web, Mail, etc. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 13, 2016 Jun 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I finally converted my workaround actions back into droplets, and they are working again as expected on LR CC 2015.6 / OS X 10.11.   I tested with 65 scanned TIFFs, each about 140 MB, with two different droplets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Advocate ,
Jun 14, 2016 Jun 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well its still not working, I did take a screen cap.  is it possible that if photoshop is still saving a doc that the droplet wont be able to communicate? my output files are 550-700 MB each. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Advocate ,
Sep 23, 2016 Sep 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

after the windows aniversary release droplets are now not working at all.  What a mess.  

Votes

Translate

Translate