• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Edit In Photoshop doesn't open all photos

Explorer ,
Mar 07, 2018 Mar 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have a serious bug in Lightroom that has been there for several years and I at least reported to you twice on previous versions of Lr. It has been ignored.

This happens when both Lightroom, and Photoshop are up to date (ACR up to date).

When I select a number of photos in Lr which I have cropped and edited, to further edit in Photoshop by clicking CMD E (Mac), on occasions, (it does not happen all the time) some photos do not open in Photoshop. For example, I usually have about 30 photos selected and when I open in Ps, I find only 27. I have to go back to Lightroom, find those that were missed and open those again.

This is NOT user error, as I am 100% certain that I am SELECTING ALL before I hit CMD E.

The way to overcome this is to have Photoshop (ACR) a version behind Lightroom so that when I try to open the photos from Lightroom, it will ask me whether I want to render in Lightroom instead, and that way all photos get exported to Photoshop.

Please do not keep on ignoring this bug forever.

Bug Investigating
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
63 Comments
Participant ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apparently they plan to keep on ignoring this bug forever.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I experience it literally every single day I work in Lightroom, which is nearly every single day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am I crazy or doesn't everyone have this issue?   Almost every day I have to figure out which 1-3 of the 4-20 images I import at a time from Lightroom Classic into Photoshop didn't actually load.     It's a bug I've had to live with for years, sadly.  It's never gone away and Adobe seems to pretend it's not happening.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My experience is exactly the same as yours. I hit this multiple times every day I'm working in Lightroom + PS, in a multi-year long project, and have experienced this for years now. For someone who values efficiency in repetitive workflows, it drives me nuts, every. single. time.

Rather than just hitting CMD-E and working, I have to:

- Count, or make a note of how many images I selected in LR

- CMD-E

- Wait for images to be rendered/processed and sent to PS

- Count how many images arrived in PS

- When they don't match, it's too much effort to figure out *which* images didn't come through, so, close all images, go back to LR, try again, and hope they all show up again.

*sigh* No end to this in sight...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’ve resorted to just exporting tiff 16-bit prophoto and pulling them into ps, working and saving, then dragging them back into LR importer. Nuke the entire site from orbit--it's the only way to be sure.

[ ◉"]

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 23, 2022 Feb 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour.

Depuis longtemps j'ai un soucis entre lightroom et photoshop, et le changement de version n'y change rien.

Lightroom oublie des photos lors de l'envoie vers photoshop.

Imaginons que je sélectionne 20 photos d'un dossier dans la bibliotèque lightroom et que je choisi "modifier dans photoshop", je ne retrouve que 18 photos à retoucher par exemple (c'est variable) dans photoshop. Je dois retourner dans lightroom et renvoyer les photos manquantes. 

Comment résoudre ce problème?

Je suis sur Mac dernier OS (mais différents OS même problème et core i9 80Go mem et core i7 64Go mem) avec toujours les dernières versions disponibles de lightroom et de photoshop de mon abonnement.

Merci

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Feb 24, 2022 Feb 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stefaan,

Thanks for reaching out. We are sorry for the trouble with Lightroom Classic. We are here to help!

Could you please confirm the exact version of Lightroom (Help > About Lightroom or Lightroom Classic) & Photoshop along with the version of the operating system you are working on? Please specify the type of images you are working on. Are they JPEG or RAW images? Does it happen with recently imported images only, or do all images behave similarly?

Where are the original images kept, are they stored on an internal drive or an external/network hard drive?

If you are on Lightroom Classic, please add 20-30 images from the desktop on the internal drive in Lightroom Classic and try Edit in Photoshop with them and let us know the results.

If you are on Adobe Lightroom (Cloud), please create a test album with 20-30 images and then right-click on the album and select 'Store Album Locally.'

SameerK_0-1645708145601.png

Once the album is downloaded, use 'Edit in Photoshop' and share the results.

We hope this helps.

Regards,

Sameer K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Feb 24, 2022 Feb 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Merci. Voici:

Version du système : macOS 12.2.1 (21D62)

Version du noyau : Darwin 21.3.0

Photoshop 23.2.0

Lightroom classic 11.2

Adobe Raw 14.2

fichiers stockés sur un disque externe USB 

fiichiers RAW (CR3 & CR2)

Je viens de tester en mettant les fichiers sur le disque principal du Mac, en envoyant 30 photos vers photoshop : 

22 fichiers sont arrivés sur photoshop il en manque 8 et au hasard (par exemple la 4, 9, 13, 15,17,20,21,22)

Mais j’ai remarqué ceci: si je ferme toutes les images dans photoshop et que je retourne dans lightroom, je sélectionne les même 30 photos, je les envoie à nouveau dans photoshop, là, la seconde fois toutes les 30 images s’ouvrent bien dans photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 26, 2022 Feb 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I select 20 photos from a folder in the lightroom library and I choose "edit in photoshop", I only find 18 photos to retouch for example (it's variable) in photoshop."

Moderators, @Rikk Flohr: Photography, please merge with the existing bug report:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-bugs/p-edit-in-photoshop-doesn-t-open-all-photos/id...

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 28, 2022 Feb 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same bug. 30 files exported to Photoshop from lightroom and random number of files opened, 27, 29, ... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Mar 19, 2022 Mar 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sinon, en toute politesse, à part déplacer chaque nouvelle personne vers cette discussion afin de l'enterrer, Adobe compte un jour trouver une solution à ce problème? C'est d'un manque de professionnalisme afligeant et en l'occurence cela ralenti énormément le flux de travail de devoir tout le temps revérifier si toutes les photos sont bien là avant d'éditer et de rechercher lesquelles sont manquantes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Mar 24, 2022 Mar 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot believe this issue has been running for so many years and Adobe are only good in taking subscription money, but not fixing problems.

Brand new install, select 39 images in Lightroom Classic, CMD-E to open in Photoshop, get a message asking whether I want to open 39 photos, then only 37 open.

Then I waste time trying to find out which two images were missing, and open those two.

This software is not professional grade.

All updated software as of today, Mac, Os irrelevant as i had this going onon so many different Mac operating systems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Mar 24, 2022 Mar 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Rikk you acknowledged this problem yers ago, I'm paying you a subscription, but it is still broken. Can you please tell WHEN it will be fixed? Adobe is selling me a product not fit for purpose.

Votes

Translate

Translate