• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P. Export dialog - specific settings creates unwanted stack

Participant ,
Sep 03, 2022 Sep 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I use FILE, EXPORT to export a single photo from Lightroom Classic to the same folder, I de-select  ADD TO BATCH, but I keep ADD TO CATALOG. I want original and export version side-by-side.

Now, when I use the command on another single photo, the unwanted happens:

When I use again FILE, EXPORT, the option ADD TO BATCH is active again, even though I had turned it off before; so I have to turn it off again.

Using EXPORT WITH PREVIOUS SETTINGS, a batch is created again, even though I had turned off batching previously.

This is a nuisance. I know how to unbatch 1 or many batches in Grid View. But how do I stop Lightroom from batching while using EXPORT WITH PREVIOUS SETTINGS?

Thanks!

--

(English commands re-translated from localized version.)

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Dec 13, 2022 Dec 13, 2022

Greetings all, 

Updates for Adobe Photography products began rolling out Monday night, December 12th,  The updates contain a fix for this issue. 

If you do not see the update in your Creative Cloud Application, you can refresh it by hitting [Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+[ R ].

Note: It may take up to 24 hours for your update to be available in your Creative Cloud app.

Thank you for your patience. 

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
18 Comments
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see an Add to Batch.  What specifically are you talking about.  As this is an English Translation maybe a screen shot would be helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Below is a sample of what I see:

001.png

I do not see BATCH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a hint! The last option in the export dialog "Post Processing", maybe the Author has something set up there. I normally choose to "Do Nothing". I have no idea what "Go to Export Actions Folder Now" is used for.

P.S. See the link for additional information.

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/exporting-photos-basic-workflow.html

Screenshot 2022-09-03 at 10.43.14 AM.png

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Followup

Ok, so as to the button BATCH. this shows up if you select multiple presets

002.png

So, deselect the multiple presets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear all, thanks for trying to help!

I apologize! As mentioned, i had self-translated back into English from a localized version. But my translation "BATCH" was very misleading (as i realize now). The command that irks me is actually called

ADD TO STACK.

Even when i un-check ADD TO STACK, the command will still be

- checked next time

- used when clicking EXPORT WITH PREVIOUS.

I apologize again for creating confusing and for not checking more properly for the correct English wording.

_screen_2022-09-03_171038.jpg

My question is, how can i use EXPORT WITH PREVIOUS to original folder without original + exported version getting stacked. It seems impossible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happens to me too.  I would call this a BUG or at least a poor design. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Henrik2000 , I also experience the same issue on my system.

The option to “stack” just returns automatically when you use Export or Export with previous. When using Export the stack option is ticked, and can be deselected, with Export with Previous there is no dialog to make any adjustments.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Add to stack bug in export dialog

I agree, I can reproduce. The export screen does not honor unchecking Add to stack, in previous export.

Can the Author:

1. Rename the title of this problem
  2. Edit the original post, striking out Batch and typing in Stack

Then, can the ADMINS move this to Bugs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@GoldingD , Bob Somrak, I am not sure if this is a bug or if it as designed when adding to the same folder as the original, and select add to the Catalog the Stack gets automatically selected. There is an option to deselect the Stack but it just appears to return to default which is selected.

I have never used the option “Export with previous” I always use Export and deselect the stack if that's what I wish

To wit the Stack option is not even available unless the Add to this Catalog is selected.

Screenshot 2022-09-03 at 1.37.23 PM.png

P.S. I experience the same behavior on my wife’s PC running Win 11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If not a Bug than a poor design.  What logical reason would it turn back on if you have turned it off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Sep 04, 2022 Sep 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created a bug report in the Bug section of the forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The deselect Stack is not sticky.

LrC 11.5

macOS 11.6.8

Steps to reproduce.

1. Select image file > Export, in the dialog box Export location select, Add to this Catalog, Add to Stack is automatically selected. Deselect Add to Stack.

2. Proceed and export work fine.

3. Select another image and proceed as previously and the dialog box shows Add to Stack selected. To proceed you now have to manually deselect Add to Stack.

Screenshot 2022-09-04 at 7.51.53 AM.png

Expected result: The deselect option should remain sticky.

Actual result: Add to Stack automatically returns.

Second Issue.

Do the initial export as described with Add to Stack deselect then from the menu select file > Export with Previous and the export proceeds, without a dialog popup, the image gets Stacked.

Expected Result: The image should not be Stacked.

Actual Result: The image is incorrectly stacked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See also the following related thread.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/export-command-creates-unwanted-batch/t...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I posted this as a “Bug” report not sure how it ended up in the Discussion section of the forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I concur that this is a bug. And I say bug, because other areas of LrC remember what option was set previously and use that setting, For example the destination in import. Heck in this very Export Screen, the File Setting is still sticky (boy would that not hurt if it was not)

In my immediately fogy memory, the Export Location options acted this way in the past, I did not have to uncheck that stack option.

DdeGannes;

In the connected posting, where you state you posted a bug (that oddly changed to a Discussion, odd how the Admins do not state they have done so, occured with one of mine), perhaps a link can be included?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've changed the subject to 'Export Command: Creates Unwanted Stack'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've merged your bug report thread with the original thread

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Dec 13, 2022 Dec 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Greetings all, 

Updates for Adobe Photography products began rolling out Monday night, December 12th,  The updates contain a fix for this issue. 

If you do not see the update in your Creative Cloud Application, you can refresh it by hitting [Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+[ R ].

Note: It may take up to 24 hours for your update to be available in your Creative Cloud app.

Thank you for your patience. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products
Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate