• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Fails to import photos and stalls out on macOS 10.15 Catalina

LEGEND ,
Oct 11, 2019 Oct 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When attempting to import photos from my Nikon D850, Lightroom Classic states it is importing photos but status bar is not progressing and no photos are being imported. Restarted system and program along with camera and still has issue. This is all been occurring with macOS Catalina 10.15.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 26, 2021 Nov 26, 2021

Setting status

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
82 Comments
LEGEND ,
Oct 28, 2019 Oct 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, bitch at Apple.

Now, perhaps a solution. On your MAC bring up the System Preferences. Select the Security an Privacy icon. Select the Privacy tab. Scroll down to Files and Folders. Make sure Adobe Lightroom Classic and while you are at it a Photoshop have full rights.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 28, 2019 Oct 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2019 Oct 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice tip ! I tried just now and it works. I hope do not have more problems.
Thank you so much David !

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m sorry if I sound ignorant here, but what exactly is onyx?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not at all, Melissa! It’s a Mac utility that can fix many Mac ills by deleting bad caches, bad application states, font issues, etc. Unless you want to pay for pro Mac IT (which is often a good idea!), you have to be your own Mac Doctor! Here’s my instructions:

In Onyx run almost everything in the Maintenance tab, deselecting things you may not want deleted, like Launch Services . Hit the "Options" button and deselect more stuff like Cookies & Other Site Data, Browser History, Form Values, etc. that you don’t want deleted. If you don’t know what something is, google it, or don’t run it, or ask me), then hit Run Tasks. After it's done it will ask for a reboot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a security decision by Apple, not a bug, and part of why Apple has had the most secure computers since, well always.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 03, 2019 Nov 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, when I select folders, OS asks if I wanted to allow permissions, so it's doing the right thing and in a usable way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2019 Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today I found a new problem.
After connecting my new iPhone 11 Pro with the iMac (Catalina) in order to import photos using LR Classic the application closed suddenly.
After reopen LR I tried again and the message was "no photos found" !
Using a SD card nothing happens but with the Iphone (iOS 13.2) LR close suddenly !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 04, 2019 Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please reference the new conversation here: LrClassic crashes on importing from iPhone with Catalina

Smit | Lightroom Classic Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there. I am having the same issue with Lightroom since I upgraded to Catalina. I have been trying for hours to import photos into Lightroom. Victoria, Lightroom is not listed under the Files & Folders.How do I get Lightroom under the files folders? It only has "Creative Cloud Installer" listed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now that is a good question, and probably one to ask Apple! All of these Catalina changes are rather new to everyone unfortunately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2019 Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My wife updated to LR 9 on her MacBook Pro running Catalina.  When she tried to update from her card reader, LR could not find any photos.  I used Finder to import the files to her external hard drive, but LR could not find the photos either.  The screen just said "No Photos Found."  I spend almost two hours chatting with Adobe tech (not customer) support who took control of my wife's computer and tried to get LR 9 to work but couldn't.  The source list also showed her Macintosh HD (internal drive) listed three times.  During his attempts, another three Macintosh HD entries appeared but these had weird suffixes.  Finally he said this was a known problem and Adobe hoped to have a fix in a few days.  He rolled her LR back to version 8.4.1 and everything works again.
P.S.
After reading comments above that said Adobe earlier advised not updating, I never saw anything from Adobe.  I think my wife's computer auto updated, but my computer was set to deny auto updating; so I had no problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 12, 2019 Dec 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this problem with Lightroom not recognizing my connected cameras ever since updating to Catalina (curiously, the issue was intermittent during the early versions of Catalina - all I had to do was reconnect the camera 2 or 3 times then Lightroom would see its photos.....then when I got to 10.15.2, it stopped working altogether).  The suggestion by David to go into the security settings on my Mac, find Lightroom, and click on all the underlying checkboxes totally cleared this problem for me.  So thanks, David!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 04, 2020 Jan 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Victoria, in my case your hint was helpful. One of the checkboxes was not checked. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 16, 2020 Jan 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The privacy settings fixed it for me, thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2020 Feb 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I notice I have the same issue as you guys but using Photoshop Lightroom 5: I am no longer able to import media (photo/video) from where I used to do it before - from my iPhone 10 and from a pen drive - the bar gets frozen and does not show up any progress after a while. Running macOS Catalina 10.15.3. Any workaround from Adobe to fix this issue? Thanks a lot in advance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I could not find Lightroom 5 listed under 'Files & Folders' but then I checked under 'Complet access to disk' then I could add there Lightroom. When I do it and check again on 'Files & Folders'...here it is! Now I see Lightroom 5 listed...I will not try to see if after doing that setting, I can import media as I used to do before...crossing fingers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It did not work...:(

The import bar still not progressing and the 'Importing files...' stays forever...like all frozen... 😞

Please your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Yann Bizeul Have you succeed to solve your problem or you are still struggling with import feature not progressing? I am still stuck... 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Yann Bizeul Have you succeed to solve your problem or you are still struggling with import feature not progressing? I am still stuck... 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Feb 10, 2020 Feb 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All bets are off with Lightroom 5 on Catalina Frank, it's really old software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still unable to import directly from my Nikon 850 into my year-old iMac. Oddly - and as someone here mentioned earlier - Catalina on my 2015 laptop imports without a hitch - thus my conclusion is that the iMac is the wild card here. 
My somewhat cumbersome workaround is to import through my laptop Lightroom onto a thumb drive, then to physically move the thumbdrive to my iMac and import off the thumbdrive. Seems ridiculously cumbersome, adding up to a half hour of transfer time to my workflow, but I have no choice. Maybe a cardreader would suffice, but I'm too busy to scrabble around for more solutions. sigh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jean,

Can you confirm that Lightroom Classic has full rights?

On your MAC bring up the System Preferences.
Select the Security and Privacy icon.
Select the Privacy tab.
Scroll down to Files and Folders.
Make sure Adobe Lightroom Classic and while you are at it a Photoshop have full rights. 

Also , can you please go to Apple "Photos" app and check if Nikon D850 camera is listed in the source?

Thanks
Mayuri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Feb 11, 2020 Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mayuri,

Yes, Lightroom and Photoshop have full rights.

And my Nikon 850 is listed in both the Apple 'Photo' app *and* Lightroom. 

In fact, I can upload photos from the camera into the 'Photo' Library - not, however, into Lightroom Classic on my iMac. 

As I wrote earlier, my settings, OS, and software are identical on my 2015 laptop and my year-old iMac; the laptop imports photos from my Nikon without fail. The iMac recognizes the 850 but completely stalls on import.

Best,
Jean

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Feb 11, 2020 Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeap, I noticed that - shame on Adobe as I have paid for it so simply set it not working any longer should not be an option unless we get compensated for it.

Anyway, I moved to Lightroom via Creative Cloud with 1T capacity - now I am facing another BIG issue. After uploading some photos/videos Lightroom loses connection with the cloud server ('impossible connection with server' message displayed). As I need to upload around 720G (!!), this issue is making me crazy! Screen below

2020-02-11_16-27-33jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate