Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MacBook Pro (Retina, mi-2012) 2,7 GHz Intel Core i7 4 hearts

16 Go 1600 MHz DDR3

NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1 Go

Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 Mo

OSX 10.15.1 (19B88)

LR Catalogue is on a SanDisk Extreme SSD Media with 932 Gb Free

Since Mac OS Catalina Lightroom Classic freezes after hitting "import" with Nikon D850 files.

- The files are read in the import section

- The files are placed in the right folder on my SSD even though LR is reporting import still occur

- During that freeze, all sections what so ever display the corect amount of photos in the corect folders but will only display "Charging" instead of showing photos

- Have to force quit the App

- When restarting LR some photos made it into the library but at least half of them didn't (All photos are at the right place on my SSD)

What I've tried

- Reboot : Same Issue

- Uninstall/Install LR : Same Issue

- Tried to import them directly from the folder in the lightroom catalogue : Same Issue

- Photos can be imported in Apple "Photo" App

- Tried to export them from Photo App and import them from finder : Same Issue

- Used Adobe DNG converter and tried to import them as DNG -> Same Issue

- This occured with an XQD card read with a card reader, tried with an SD plugged directly into the Mac -> Same Issue

- In System preference/Security & Confidentiality/Confidentiality, Authorize LR to have access to all my drive : Same Issue

- No issue with my Leica Q2.

We are November 10th 2019 and just installed the lastest update available.

Is there anyone not having this issue with Lightroom Classic/Catalina/D850 ?

Is there a workaround ?

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
18 Comments
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2019 Nov 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the latest update (LR Classic 2019 9.0) LR constantely freezes if I am importing a larger amount of files. Part of the files are corrupt. I have to shut down the PC via "hard reset" because even the reboot-button is not responding anymore. 
I am using two M.2-SSD's. One for os and programs the other for the first photo import. Strange thing is - if I am importing the files now onto my os-SSD it works. Transferring the files in LR from os-SSD to photo-SSD works, too.
Importing smaller amounts of files on the photo-SSD works. Larger amount of files - freeze.
Hope they will fix this annoying bug soon.

On the other hand - LR is much faster now when it is up to selecting pictures. Switching to the next photo now is much more responsive than before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 11, 2019 Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After the November 2019 update, any time a DNG file from any camera is imported via card reader to Lightroom Classic, the application gives "files appear corrupted or damaged" error message.  I had to roll back to the earlier version for the error to go away.  I run LR in Mac OS Catalina with the latest update.  I have tried different card reader to read files from the Lumix and Leica cameras to no avail.  I have no problem editing my files since using the older LR version.  Anyone has the same problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It could be remotely related to some file permission issues. Please follow  https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/user-permissions-issues.html to see if it helps (progress from solution #1 to #4 if it does not address the issue), making sure that You have read/write permission to the folder “/Users/<your user account>/Library/Application Support/Adobe” and all its subfolders.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The permission Error message never occurred but I tried to activate permissions for "Staff" & "Everyone" on all Adobe Folders/SubFolder (They were already on "read/write" for my user account) but issue persist.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you try to run Lightroom from a new local macOS account (solution #4), does the problem persist? Just try to run the vanilla Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the info, but I never had a problem with file permission previously.  In addition, rolling back to version 8.41 made the problem go away.  I hate to tinker with the system as suggested by the link, potentially creating more problems for the Mac.  If Adobe will create a patch in the near future to address this issue, I will just wait until it comes out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem solved with today's update (November the 12th 2019).

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 12, 2019 Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not released yet, is it? Can't find any update possibilty.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2019 Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've found it in the updates section in the Creative Cloud app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 27, 2019 Nov 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After the Lightroom classic 9.0 update importing Raw .nef files from my Nikon D850 does not work. It does import but there is the message: " Lightroom has encountered problems reading this photo.  You will not be able to make adjustments to the photo.'

Also exporting from lightroom  with "edit in photoshop" does not work, also with all my old files! (updated Photoshop as well to 2020) I tried downgrading camera raw but no succes, so upgraded to camera Raw 12.0 again

I'm on Mac OS Sierra 10.13.6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Other applications can open them. Camera raw and photoshop can. Older other raw files also can not be exported from lightroom anymore (open in photoshop option)

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Other applications can open them. Camera raw and photoshop can. Older other raw files also can not be exported from lightroom anymore (open in photoshop option)

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So not only problems with .nef. Also with .dng

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure you have read/write permission to /Users/your account/Library/Application\ Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/CameraProfiles/Index.dat for example. Try various solutions in  https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/user-permissions-issues.html to see which one works for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no user permission issues. In new Lightroom update  all my .NEF don't work anymore. Please Adobe fix this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 02, 2019 Dec 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom and Photoshop Not Opening .nef files all of a sudden. I have redownloaded every application, tried to updated camera raw. I feel like I have tried about everything now. I have a d750 that I have had for a couple years and just upgraded to 2020. Is this a bug?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Dec 10, 2019 Dec 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
This should be resolved by the 9.1 update released earlier today. Please give it a try and let us know if you still see the issue after updating.  Thank you for your patience!
Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate