• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Hanging, requires force quit

Explorer ,
Apr 26, 2018 Apr 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are a few other discussions where this issue is being reported but i believe they have other issues clouding the discussion

Since the update to .3 and subsequently 3.1 Lightroom Classic CC hangs after being idle for a time (i can;t be specific on time as it seem to change). It does not happen necessarily on sleeping from the computer or in one module or another or when changing windows or minimizing or maximizing

It hangs and i am forced to "end task" through Task Manager

I am on a completely up to date (drivers and software and Windows) Win 10 Pro 64 system with 128gb RAM and plenty of horsepower and disk space (NVME and SSD)

My system has no problems with any other programs

please fix this

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 18, 2018 Jun 18, 2018
We released Lightroom Classic 7.4 just now.
It should fix the issue.
Thanks for your patience.

Thanks,
Sunil

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 147 Replies 147
147 Comments
Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2018 Jun 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you hit the nail on the head.  It's the nothing communication from Adobe.  Still have problem here. 

Mine only occurs when I leave it alone for a couple hours, then it has to be killed.  My sort of workaround is to close it when not using it but inevitably forget and have to kill it. 

I really appreciate the communication from Victoria and it's been amazing to watch her gracefully deal with difficult people on this thread.
Still adobe is failing bad on communication, it's just super frustrating, I keep thinking they'll release a fix any day and surely they will but this is ridiculous to not tell anyone publicly anything.
-David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 18, 2018 Jun 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We released Lightroom Classic 7.4 just now.
It should fix the issue.
Thanks for your patience.

Thanks,
Sunil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jun 19, 2018 Jun 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm; I got an email notification of an update from Sunil saying that 7.4 was now available which has a fix, but 7.4 isn't available yet, and I can't see the post in this thread now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom 7.4 was released earlier today and should have a fix for this issue. Give it a try and let us know if you continue to see this problem. Thank you for your patience!
Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think i see why the bug fix took as long as it did. 

They were planning a release with several new features and withheld the bug release until they could finish the new features and do a single release with new features (and not have to call it a bug fix or apparently even mention it).
Julienne Kost did a blog post on new features. 

http://blogs.adobe.com/jkost/2018/06/syncing-profiles-and-presets-from-lightroom-classic-to-lightroo...

Better late than never I guess, looking forward to trying it later today. 

The lack of communications is a black eye on Adobe though and "should have a bug fix?"  Come on.
-David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed it and am testing it now.  Gonna put it in the background and see if it hangs while i do other things

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've only got 7.3.1 available.  I was on 7.2, updated to the latest available, just now, and it's 7.3.1.  No newer version offered by CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Rikk Flohr (Official Rep) suggested in an earlier post "...You may need to refresh your Creative Cloud App to get it to appear. [Ctrl/Cmd]+ [Alt/Opt]+ [ R ] to refresh." I was able to get the newest version installed and so far the issues I was experiencing have not reappeared ...crashes, slow operation, and so on. All seems to be back to normal so far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I didn't see that comment; I had already tried restarting CC and it didn't help, but the refresh did.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been running 7.4 for 5 hrs now without it hanging - which is longer than 7.3 could last, so looks good so far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ctrl+Alt+R "relaunched" but I still don't see the update...
RackMultipart20180619152331qg3-c68b06b0-986c-4927-93ea-ef0f1b19f3a8-1986618299.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the relaunch doesn't get it then try signing out of your Creative Cloud app and signing back in again. 

After that next step is a computer restart. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never mind, the CC app itself was wedged.  I killed it through ProcessExplorer and restarted it, and now it shows updates.  I hope the CC updates fix the problem of CC itself hanging.
Signing out also didn't work.  CC itself was seriously wedged.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 21, 2018 Jun 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have also been experiencing this issue.  Just installing the latest update June 21/18.  Hoping it solves something but not holding my breath.  I typically leave LR running all the time and I come and go at will.  Now when I return at varying duration's, the program has stopped and I must force shutdown.  I have no additional information I can add to what others have said but wanted to be included to make our voice a little louder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff, just to be clear when you described the program hang were you referring to the LR 7.3/LR 7.3.1 versions or the latest 7.4 version just released in the last few days. I have been running 7.4 for a few days now and so far the bugs that I had reported earlier have not been seen in LR 7.4 for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ran 7.4 in the background most of yesterday and it never hung once. Early days, but a promising start.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jun 22, 2018 Jun 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So far so good for me in 7.4 as well. Not hanging. I havent done everything with it yet, but feeling good so far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just upgraded to 7.4 and as of this morning it has been fine.  It did not crash when I returned to use it this morning after sitting idle all night.  .3/.31 would freeze as everyone else has been describing.  My only issue has been with opening images in PS from 7.4.  I did a reboot when I left this morning and hope it fixes it.
Win10 right up to date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine's working now.  Thanks for finally fixing it.  Good product overall and I had never had that many problems.  Would like a little better communication though there was some through 3rd parties such as the fabulous Lightroom Queen.  I will cop to the fact that with software of this complexity and huge customer base that ADobe has to be careful with testing before they deploy and hence couldn't just throw something out quickly.  A rush job always leads to more problems.  Have a good one everybody.  Happy summer!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jul 26, 2018 Jul 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Rikk I am on 7.4 and the problem as described by everyone in this thread is still happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jul 27, 2018 Jul 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Keith, 

You should probably start a new thread as this issue has been closed. Make sure you include system information and a precise description of what is happening so we can better diagnose. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Dec 09, 2018 Dec 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Same issues. Not a computer problem, it's a Lightroom problem. The fact Adobe discounts our issues because one of their people couldn't replicate it on his computer is hilariously maddening. 

Votes

Translate

Translate