Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Import ignores already imported photos

Engaged ,
Jan 27, 2020 Jan 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Lightroom ignores already imported images, even though I select "New Photos" and check "Don't Import Suspected Duplicates".

My catalog:

Import dialog, same images, same names...:

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 29, 2020 Mar 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rikk, could you reproduce it now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 19, 2020 Mar 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can this issue bue acknowledged, please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hah! New clue!! It does it only from images imported through sync process, not imported from the SD card.

... Yet another sync bug... 😞 😞 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting your LR Preferences file as outlined at the below link. I suggest moving the Preferences file to the desktop so you can restore it if of no help. Restart LR and it will build a new Preferences file with default settings. See if the issue is fixed.

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure I understand the problem. You checked the option to not import suspected duplicates, and now you complain that Lightroom is not importing duplicates?
-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do  you Rename the photos when you import them? It's ESSENTIAL, but after looking at your imported shots I see you don't. Once the camera runs out of filenames (at 99,999), it will go back to 0001 (or whatever), which you will already HAVE in your catalog, and now it will have 2 images with the same name (not good!) Try "Clientname2020-1" of some variation like "Shootname2020-1".

Could this be why? I never have this problem, because I always reformat cards after a shoot, so it's always New Images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The engineering team is no longer able to reproduce this bug. Do any of you on this thread still see this issue with 10.2?

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this bug fixed please?

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 30, 2020 Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rikk! That’s excellent news! 🙂 

Of course you can include the file in the bug report. 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok. With this file, I can make it fail on Lightroom Classic but only from an SD card - It works as expected with the same file on a CF Card. 

Interestingly Lightroom Desktop recognizes it as a duplicate in both cases. 

Do I have your permission to include the file on the bug report?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Damnit!!

Sure, no problem 🙂 It's exactly what I've done in previous example (whereas I hadn't formatted the card before).Here is the zip file:
https://we.tl/t-DqgKTCZBFr

Sorry it's an uncompressed raw, so a little heavy ^^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure, no problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure, no problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure, no problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried it with several ARW files but no guarantees that it is the same vintage from which you are working. 

Since I don't have access to another Sony while I am working under the Shelter In Place regulations:

You can try this:

Format Card in Camera
Shoot one image
Copy the entire contents of the card into a folder on your desktop
Zip this file and post it for me to download. 

I will make the attempt on my end to see if I can duplicate with your file. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried with sony files?

I tried again and it still bugs:

• The file imported from mobile

• And in the import dialog

Note the "New Photos" tab and the "Don't import suspected duplicates" checkbox.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry Antoine,

I am still unable to reproduce this report using these steps. Has something changed that lead you to expect that it would be reproducible now? I am still using the same steps as before and the result is the same. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 20, 2020 Mar 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Antoine you didn't have to do that, I could have TOLD you you're not an IT guy! Your sarcasm is unappreciated, just trying to be helpful (after 25 years of IT experience). End of line.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 20, 2020 Mar 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Carlos. It's very helpful and obviously taking into account the clean install I've performed yesterday. Also having studied my up to date Linkedin page to know wether or not I'm an "IT GUY" was of great help. Ayway...

@tom: good idea to try with another format, it helped:
The bug happens:
  • With Sony ARW files
  • Sony JPEG
The bug does not happens:
  • With DxO Raw files
  • HEIC on Sony's SD card
I'll continue investigation with other files, but it's really strange!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Half the problems on this forum have nothing to do with "Adobe has screwed up", it's "your OS is messed up" and that's why it doesn't work. Get an IT GUY! Then you can talk about Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Antoine, I hear what you're saying, but you've been around here long enough to understand that these problems need to be reproducible in order to go anywhere.

Rikk did more testing than me but for what it's worth, I couldn't replicate the behavior either.  That's not to say you're not experiencing it.  Just that I can't replicate it.

Have you tried it with different file types, a different catalog, did you reset your preferences, etc?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Antoine, I hear what you're saying, but you've been around here long enough to understand that these problems need to be reproducible in order to go anywhere.

Rikk did more testing than me but for what it's worth, I couldn't replicate the behavior either.  That's not to say you're not experiencing it.  Just that I can't replicate it.

Have you tried it with different file types, a different catalog, did you reset your preferences, etc?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you kidding? What do you want more? Tell me, what? After two months, yes, because there was ZERO answer to the problem. If I hadn’t pushed for it, it’s status would still be parked. Do you keep stats on the number of unsolved bugs or what?

Does it work as expected? NO! And until solved, you should treat this as a bug and not the opposite.
I’m sick of paying for such a crappy service! And now you’re basically telling me it’s not an issue ? 

There is no offline sync, which has been requested for AGES! And now this bug basically prevents of sorting synced images from images to import. But do you care? Apparently, Adobe doesn’t give a dime about suggestions, bugs or even customers. Do they ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sorry but I cannot acknowledge this as a bug at this time. 

So far, in the two months since this was first reported, this is the sole report I've seen. I cannot reproduce it with your steps on multiple machines/OS's/devices and Adobe ID's. The video was a nice confirmation that we are attempting the same steps. Thank you for sending it. 

As always, I would be happy to revisit this if you have new information.  As of now the status of this report remains "No Status" 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines