Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Import iPhone to NAS folder hangs

Dec 23, 2019 Dec 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My current setup is a MacBook Pro 15 Mid 2012 with Catalina 10.15.2 and LR Classic 9.1. The LR catalog is on the local disk (SSD). The images itself are on a Synology NAS connected via SMB. When I try to import photos from my iPhone 6s Plus, LR lets me select the pictures and correctly detects duplicates in the catalog (which are then grayed out). When I start the actual import though, LR just hangs forever. Cancelling the import works and then I get the message that there was either a read or write error.

Strangely the following works reliably:

- Importing from the same iPhone to a local folder (so it cannot be an iPhone problem)

- Importing from a local folder to the shared folder on the NAS (so it cannot be a NAS problem)

What is NOT working is the combination of importing from an iPhone directly to a NAS folder. 

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Updates to the Adobe Photography Products were released yesterday and include a fix for this issue. Please install the December update, restart your system and verify you are no longer experiencing the issue. Thank you for your assistance in reporting, providing additional information and, most of all, for your patience.

Votes

Translate

Translate
32 Comments
LEGEND ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Robert please stop the Apple bashing, your technology has probably gotten worse every year too (and you are factually incorrect). I remember a study where "Windows users spent 75% MORE time on File Management than Mac users" because Windows users have no clue WHERE their files went. They were just told "do a search for it". Mac IT guys, studies show, still solve issues in corporations in half the time as Windows techs. The Finder/Desktop metaphor in SO much more well implemented in MacOS than Windows, (not to mention prettier), as is almost every aspect of the interface. Plug and Play is a Mac term, Desktop Publishing invented by Apple (and Adobe), WIFI on Windows was years after Apple put "Airport" into laptops, and on and on. Yes, being on the cutting edge CAN be annoying to others, sometimes it's jealousy? It's better to have a dongle for a once a year use than make your device a pound heavier! -trying hard to be nice!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac v Windows debates are not necessary on this forum. There are many places on the internet that will indulge you.  I recommend curtailing this discussion. 
Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Jun 17, 2020 Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still not fixed in 9.3 which arrived today via CC update 😞 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updates to the Adobe Photography Products were released yesterday and include a fix for this issue. Please install the December update, restart your system and verify you are no longer experiencing the issue. Thank you for your assistance in reporting, providing additional information and, most of all, for your patience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Rick Thanks for the info! I am now importing images and video from my Canon EOS R directly to my Qnap NAS! For clarity, I am on mac 11.0.1 and have my canon connected to a stone dock via usb-c. My doc is hardwired to my network. 

This is going to be a huge time saver since I don't have to use another app to import then lightroom to sync folders. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just installed LRC 10.1 and it does solve this issue, BUT it introduces a new one: LRC now only sees 69 of my 602 photos and 18 videos on my iPhone SE 2020. I can import the ones that LRC sees to my library on my NAS and they are greyed out afterwards when I try to import again. But I cannot import around 85% of my photos as LRC 10.1 does not see them.

Votes

Translate

Translate