• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Improved Fuji X-Trans Support?

Contributor ,
Jul 02, 2014 Jul 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is Fuji X-Trans support being worked on?I appreciate that the support is better now than it was, but the reality is that Lightroom is still a long way behind other RAW developers, all of which are less well funded and with smaller teams working on the software.Lightroom has been the leader in RAW processing an image cataloging as far back as I can recall; but with the Fuji X-Trans files many people I know are leaving Adobe Lightroom for one of the many other developers, all of which are producing far better results than Adobe Lightroom.Ones I have personally tested are as follows: Iridient DeveloperPhoto NinjaLightZoneCapture OneApertureSilkyPixRaw TherapeeIridient is very good, and this is a piece of software made by a single man.My question is, if he can get it right, why can't Adobe? They have been leaders in innovation for many years but it seems in some areas now they are falling behind - I have never seen so many people leave a major developer for smaller independent ones, but to Fuji users (both enthusiasts and professionals) it's a pretty simple decision when you compare results.So all I'd like to know is if my patience sticking with Lightroom is justified, and whether a solution is being worked on - or will always be worked on. Or is it a case that the users wanting such a change are not enough to support such work.

Bug Acknowledged
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 12, 2019 Feb 12, 2019
Hi Everyone,

We are happy to announce the release of Lightroom Classic CC 8.2. With this release, we’ve introduced a new feature called Enhanced Details.

Photographers using cameras featuring X-Trans sensors should see an improved rendering of their Fuji raw files.

To learn more about how this new feature works check out the blog post:  https://theblog.adobe.com/enhance-details/

Cheers,
Carissa

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 376 Replies 376
376 Comments
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2014 Nov 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've never seen such a big difference between C1 and Lightroom. But in this example there is really a huge difference.

I really don't want to move to C1 because it destroyed my catalogue and I have no faith in this software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Nov 18, 2014 Nov 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To have all photos organized in catalogue it is very convenient, but not to have any opportunity to post-process in correct way photos is awful. So I forget about catalogue and switched to Iridient Developer and now I feel myself a happiest man on Earth.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 19, 2014 Nov 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Out of interest, have any of you come across this method for using LR detail slider to obtain Deconvolution sharpening that claims to be as good as Irident Developer? See http://petebridgwood.com/wp/2014/10/x... and comments from various people who have tried it out (in particular on images other than landscapes) at http://www.luminous-landscape.com/for...
Haven't tried it out myself yet, but will be a huge relief to me if I can do everything within LR and not have to learn a new program/workflow and pay for additional software.

Interested to hear your thoughts if you've tried this out on portraits.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried to increase the detail slider to 100 and use a small amount value. I've also tried the values suggested in the mentioned articles. But in my case the results have been worse.

My default settings for the XT-1 are:
Amount: 35
Radius: 1,6 (I know that's quite much)
Details: 45
Masking: 30 (Depending on the subject)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the left is Iridient, on the right is Lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Iridient gives more smooth gradients while LR gives rough and dirty picture.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 20, 2014 Nov 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

iridient developer is the way to go, then just use lightroom to catalog your images, capture one pro produces great images but is way too cumbersome in my book, not to mention 300.00. seems like the latest update was just "more of the same"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2014 Nov 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can you provide an example?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This does not seem to relate to results I would normally get in LR. What settings have you used?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

XTrans Sharpening in LR 5.7 seems better to me than in 5.6.
Is it the placebo of the new version or is there really an improvement???

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 22, 2014 Nov 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see no change

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 01, 2014 Dec 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm new to the X100T and Xtrans sensors in general. But I can say definitively from my own experience that the RAW conversion problem in LR 5.7 and Camera Raw in general has not been fixed. In fact I'm finding the results so poor as to render the images useless when processed by Lightroom, even with high levels of sharpening applied.

See the example below. The detail crop on the left is a RAW file processed by Iridient Developer, and by Lightroom 5.7 on the right. Each is displayed at 100% scale.

I have years invested in LR both as a catalog for image archive spanning 13 years of digital imagery, but also as my RAW conversion and editing package. At this stage I will probably sell my X100T due the inability to maintain my existing image editing workflow with Lightroom and Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 02, 2014 Dec 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys, I love to work with Lightroom as it complements my professional workflow. Yet, I started shooting with the Fuji X-T1 in addition to my Nikon kit and I have the impression Lightroom could do better. Please improve the RAW rendering of Fuji RAW files and please include the lens profiles for the lens correction, as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Lens Correction Data is embedded in The Raw File. You don't Need extra Lens Profiles oft you use Original Fuji Lenses.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Adobe could do a bit better here.
Fuji's sensor is really great but Adobe needs to improve demosaicing and sharpening.
I hope this wil be addressed in LR6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks as if Color Noise Reduction was activated. Please check that. The X-Trans sensor usually does not need this but it makes colors look awful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 06, 2014 Dec 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i pay every month for adobe. so please fix this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you should stop paying and quit adobe. they are unable to fix this. this issue persists for 2 years now.

wake up. they don't fix this.

fujis x-trans sensor is not important enough for them.

if you get familiar with capture one, you will laugh about lightroom.

another example: DXO. the do not support x-trans, because they are honest and want to do it right. ... "and this takes time..."

i like to call everybody here in the forum to quit adobe and stop throwing money in their throat. switch to another software. lightroom is not worth the money and your precious time!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I'm sick of waiting for this too. Switching to iridient.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not frustrated, because I've moved to Capture One Pro 8. The difference is incredible, but not in the luminance detail, which I can _almost_match in LR (not quite), but the color detail, where the difference is obvious. And this isn't just X100S pics (my Fuji camera). I reviewed old raw Canon Rebel XT pics from 2006 in both converters, and it's shocking to go back and find subtle colors that just get lost in LR. It's as if LR averages colors across an extra pixel or two, essentially washing over what to me is essential info.

I still have access to LR if I want it (because my company has a site license, so I don't pay for it!) I just don't feel any need to use it anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use LR and love it. I've switched from Canon to the Fuji X family. Generally I find the results of LR conversions to be acceptable. That said I would like to see LR conversions improved as I don't want to complicate my workflow with using other converters.

Oh and kudos to Adobe and the Lightroom team for the Fuji film style emulation profiles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ Jim Dobbins: i don't like "acceptable" Quality for my outstanding Fujifilm X-Trans Images.

LR has a good workflow, for sure. LR has some good points. but the most important point should be Image Quality. They fail in so many ways in that point.

too bad...

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be acceptable if Adobe improved this with a new process version. Hopefully LR6 will have this new process version.

Lightroom has it's strengths in comparison to C1 - for example highlight recovery. Please improve detail rendering with Xtrans sensors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also wait for LR6 and hope, there will be significant improvements in processing of x-trans RAWs. But now I purchased a license for Iridient Developer and can say, that this is very good software for our needs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've read that there is an official statement from Adobe that this would be improved in LR6. Unfortunately I cannot remember where I read this.

Votes

Translate

Translate