• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: iPhone movies wrongly rotated

LEGEND ,
Feb 15, 2018 Feb 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After installing the Feb 2018 update yesterday, portrait movies imported from my iPhone (6S) are strangely rotated 90o to landscape orientation. Previously, no problem with such files.

As part of my weekly collation of images from my phone, I export originals from Apple Photos, then import them into Lightroom. The specific files I am now having problems with, but didn't have before, are portrait movie files that are part of "live photos". The associated jpegs from live photos are all rotated correctly, and landscape "live photos" have no problem.

I tested and this extends to all portrait movies, not just the .mov parts of "live photos". The problematic imported .mov files look fine in Quicktime and Finder.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Jun 19, 2018 Jun 19, 2018
Lightroom 7.4 was released earlier today and should have a fix for this issue. Give it a try and let us know if you continue to see this problem. Thank you for your patience!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jun 18, 2018 Jun 18, 2018
Hi,

Lightroom Classic 7.4 was released today and should address this issue.  Please update your Lightroom to the latest version and let us know if you continue to see the issue. Thank you for your patience.

Thanks,
Smit Keniya

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , May 16, 2018 May 16, 2018
Hi,

We have been able to reproduce this and have logged a bug for the same.

Thanks,
Smit Keniya
Lightroom Classic CC Team

Votes

Translate

Translate
40 Comments
Participant ,
Feb 15, 2018 Feb 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yup, got the same problem with movies from my iPhone, yesterday.

jc

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 20, 2018 Feb 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had this issue for 3 years.
Portrait movie of live photo from iPhone 6s are rotated when imported

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 21, 2018 Feb 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I checked, and these files were correctly oriented when viewed by the previous Lightroom version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Feb 23, 2018 Feb 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a known issue with the 7.2 version and you have two options now. either you need to rotate the mobile the other way to take video or rollback the version to 7.1. Ref:
https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/after-update-to-lr-classic-cc-7-2-my-iphone-l...

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 28, 2018 Feb 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. Quicktime movies (.mov) files are rotated in Lightroom Classic CC 2018 (Windows 10 pro 64bit), when viewing the actual files in an explorer window, the orientation is correct. the amount of rotation is inconsistent. some movies come in fine while others are rotated 90 degrees or more. I don't see how rotating them manually is a solution since then the actual file will not be correct anywhere else outside of Lightroom, which I think is a poor solution since I will essentially need to double/copy any file that is having an issue in Lightroom. making a set of rotated movies for lightroom is unacceptable, please fix this soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 10, 2018 Apr 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this issue likely to be fixed at some point? It's affecting all my old movies from many years ago as well as current iPhone movies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Apr 11, 2018 Apr 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this problem only with the most recent update, Adobe Lightroom Classic 7.3 [1164630], and it is affecting even a landscape video (which was rotated 180 degrees).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2018 Apr 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My 3 sec videos imported fine. They played correct orientation. Now after update to LR Classic CC7.2 all .MOV videos are upside down yet the stills (jpgs) are rightside up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Apr 22, 2018 Apr 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Iphone 7 video files will import but will not display correctly. Within the library module all video shot in portrait orientation displays upside down in portrait orientation when vide a thumbnail. If I click on the thumbnail to make it full screen then the video rotates to landscape orientation and plays on its side. The files play correctly in finder outside of Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2018 Apr 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem with Samsung S8 videos since 2 months. It's really annoying, please Adobe fix this ASAP !

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 04, 2018 May 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Adobe Application Manager has a downgrade option until it is fixed. I downgraded from 7.3.1 to 7.1 and it's back to the correct orientation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
May 16, 2018 May 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We have been able to reproduce this and have logged a bug for the same.

Thanks,
Smit Keniya
Lightroom Classic CC Team

Smit | Lightroom Classic Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
May 31, 2018 May 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Commenting here with the same issue using 7.3.1 (prior comment by KANDALAM ANIL KUMAR) said 7.2 caused this issue, but clearly it was not fixed in a roll-forward version.  Like others I have thousands of videos I can't preview correctly although they are correct natively.
thanks -

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 04, 2018 Jun 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having this problem using an iPhone x and importing in LR Classic.  There are some inconsistencies but usually, if  I take the photo holding camera vertical they will show as upside down in the view but rotate to the right when I click on the video. The same happens with any live view photos. However, if I have edited and selected a new key photo, the still photo is usually ok. Very frustrating. I don't think it is happening with a horizontal picture but I am not sure as I don't often take a horizontal video or live view. All very frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 08, 2018 Jun 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I upload the photos directly to Lightroom classic from my iPhone X. I do not take that many videos and only occasionally use live view but it seems to be a problem most people f the time. Really hope for a fix before my summer trip or it will be useless to use my phone for these.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 11, 2018 Jun 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This kind of bug is really unacceptable. This is not minor. I understand Lightroom is not a video editing program, but I mean, this should have been discovered in testing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 11, 2018 Jun 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Totally agree.  I'm paying for a Photoshop/Lightroom subscription to get updates, not to introduce bugs.  As it stands, it's been 4 months since this bug was introduced, and still no fix.  I've had to remain downgraded on a previous version of Lightroom for all that time.
By my math, that's currently 1/3 of a year's subscription that I'm paying and getting zero value.
Maybe Adobe should refund everyone affected by this bug 1/3 of a year's subscription fee (and counting...)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jun 14, 2018 Jun 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already commented a few weeks ago and coming back to say this is really unacceptable.  As someone else said, this isn't minor.  This makes LR *unusable* after just a few weeks (as videos accumulate in anyones library).  Imagine if all the photos showed upside down.  For most of us, its the same.  @Adobe get act together!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fix is on the way and it should be available with a new updated releasing very soon. We would let you know once the update to Lightroom Classic with fix for this is available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Smit.
Good to hear that.
It has been months I stopped using the Lightroom to import from iPhone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 18, 2018 Jun 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Lightroom Classic 7.4 was released today and should address this issue.  Please update your Lightroom to the latest version and let us know if you continue to see the issue. Thank you for your patience.

Thanks,
Smit Keniya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 19, 2018 Jun 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom 7.4 was released earlier today and should have a fix for this issue. Give it a try and let us know if you continue to see this problem. Thank you for your patience!
Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Movies now play correctly but thumbnails appear to still be incorrect

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thumbnails are still upside down 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thumbnails appeared wrong until I played a video, then the thumbnail was correct.  Video fix works fine.  Videos now play correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate