• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Issue with extension upper case when converting to DNG on import

Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2015 May 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have used Lightroom for years and have always converted RAW files upon import to DNG with upper case file extension. After upgrading to LR CC, however, all of my files are imported and converted to DNG with the lower case .dng extension. Preferences in Edit and Import are still checked to upper case. I still have LR 5.7 installed on my system and it still correctly uses the upper case .DNG file extension, so this is apparently another bug with LR CC. Not a serious issue, but annoying nonetheless.

Bug Investigating
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 04, 2015 Jun 04, 2015
The engineering team is looking into this issue. The workaround is to convert to DNG after import.

Votes

Translate

Translate
13 Comments
LEGEND ,
May 20, 2015 May 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too have always preferred to use the automatic upper case file extensions option for my .DNG files, and have discovered that it's no longer working in LR CC. The option is still listed and checked, however all my file imports are coming in with lower case extensions. Would love to see this fixed ASAP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
May 20, 2015 May 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I spoke at length with Adobe Technical Support and they were able to duplicate the problem on their Macs and machines running Windows 8/8.1. They were unaware of the bug until now and have put it on their to-do list. In the meantime, an easy workaround is to simply import RAW images into LR CC by using the Copy, rather than Copy as DNG option, then convert the files later to DNG format. This preserves the upper case file extension if it has been selected in preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 04, 2015 Jun 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The engineering team is looking into this issue. The workaround is to convert to DNG after import.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I am told that Elements 13 is compatible for RAW from Canons new D7 MK11 camera. can you please Confirm that this is the case, or do I have to wait for say Elements 14 or so on .I don't see the point of not being compactible or is it a case of making more money out of us the photographers, Many Thanks
Ron Thomas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean the 7D Mark II? If so, that camera is currently supported by Elements 13. https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suit...

Camera support has nothing to do with "making more money out of us the photographers" - as Adobe provides free support for the latest cameras going back to Elements 3.0, Photoshop CS2 and Lightroom 1.0 via the free DNG converter: http://adobe.ly/ACRandDNG

Compatibility is controlled by the camera manufacturers that create new proprietary raw formats for each of their new cameras.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, thanks Jeffrey, but this is still the exact same workaround posted 15 days ago by "flannib". It still adds a considerable amount of extra time to our workflows, so hopefully the Import as DNG bug will be solved relatively soon. :-)

Cheers!
~Greg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2015 Jun 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just checked to see if the recent updates to Lightroom and Creative Cloud may have fixed this bug. Sadly, not yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 16, 2015 Jun 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct. I was hoping it would make it in. Sorry. Should make the next update (fingers crossed).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jul 29, 2015 Jul 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another Lightroom update today with no fix for this bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jul 29, 2015 Jul 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Issue with file renaming on import in Lightroom 6 (The non CC version): Even though everything is properly set up to write DNG in uppercase, both in the import rename options and in the preferences under file handling; you still end up with .dng in lowercase at the end. Please fix this, uppercase .DNG naming is broken.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jul 30, 2015 Jul 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, is there an ETA for Lightroom 6.2?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 01, 2015 Nov 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In latest Lightroom CC (2015.2.1 Release) on Mac (10.11.1), whenever I convert files to DNG via the Import dialog, a lowercase (*.dng) file extension is always used instead of uppercase (*.DNG) as I have set in the Preferences - File Handling - Import DNG Creation setting.

When converting RAW files that are already in the catalog using Library - Convert to DNG, the correct uppercase (*..DNG) file extension is used in the resulting file as set in the Preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jan 28, 2016 Jan 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Eight months and a few updates later and upper case .DNG is still not working in Lightroom CC. Has Adobe forgotten about this bug?

Votes

Translate

Translate