• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Issue with Map module in OS X 10.10 (Yosemite)

LEGEND ,
Aug 04, 2014 Aug 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On OS X 10.10 (Yosemite), the map in Lightroom's Map module is very slow to load. It takes several minutes before the first part of the map appears, and some parts don't load at all, saying instead "Sorry, we have no imagery here", even though the part in question is on Google Maps. When zooming in or out, it's the same, it takes very long to update.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 27, 2015 Jan 27, 2015
Apple tells us that the OS network stack issue which caused this problem have been resolved in MacOS 10.10.2.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 302 Replies 302
302 Comments
LEGEND ,
Dec 22, 2014 Dec 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A revelation, the latest beta update works perfectly after soooo long dealing with this issue. You need to access Apple via this site and get the update.

https://appleseed.apple.com/sp/betapr...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the next Yosemite update fixes the issue then that explains the time it has taken to be addressed. Out of Adobe's hands once the problem was identified. I am happy to wait for the public release, maps is not that vital for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I joined the Apple Beta program and updated to 10.10.2 - the Map module now works perfectly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 24, 2014 Dec 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated to 10.10.2. beta. Perfect now, as far as I can see.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 30, 2014 Dec 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can also verify that OS X 10.10.2 (presently in public beta) fixes the issue for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope Apple releases soon the version 10.10.2 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this is beginning to get silly. This particular issue is 5 months old, and it still hasn't been fixed. This is, truly, appalling. Appalling. I wouldn't have to wait as long for open source software. I have paid money for this package, and it DOESN'T WORK.

I think the time for hiding behind "we cant tell you what we're talking about to Apple" has passed.

Guys, this needs to be fixed. Now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to read the rest of the post! It has been fixed by Apple's release of 10.10.2 Yosemite! It is only available on the Beta program at the moment but will get general release soon I trust. It was not Adobe....

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

erm...I can't download 10.10.2.

I still have several hundred images to geotag since last September. How does reading about something I can't get sort me out?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The point I make is that Adobe cannot fix it! Apple have fixed it but this fix is only visible to beta testers at the moment, you sign up for Yosemite beta testing if it that urgent?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 31, 2014 Dec 31, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How come the Map module on ACDsee Pro run through Parallels Desktop works much faster? I'm running it on a Yosemite OS Mac but despite the fact that all Windows programmes are relatively sluggish as you'd expect, the Map module in ACDSee is working much faster than Lightroom 5. I'm guessing that the Lightroom map module will also work faster run through Windows Parallels Desktop than it does in its native installation on Yosemite. Which seems strange!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every software that uses Google Maps is working with Yosemite for months - except Lightroom.

Obviously, the interface to Maps has changed in Yosemite. Instead of rewriting some code to fix the problem, Adobe is waiting for Apple to establish the old compatibility.
Additionally, Adobe does not warn its users about the restricted functionality and still sells its buggy software.

Sorry Adobe, this is not acceptable for commercial software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apple is well aware of the regression in MacOS 10.10 that triggered this issue and is actively working on a solution to that OS regression.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because in Parallels you are relying on the Windows high level network APIs and only using the lowest level MacOS network APIs, thus bypassing much of the code that MacOS applications would use for network access.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We really can't talk much about the discussions with Apple about their software issues. But Apple is well aware of this issue introduced in MacOS 10.10 and actively working on a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jan 01, 2015 Jan 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While I understand that technical issues need to be resolved with Apple (rightly or wrongly) what I really don't understand is why the Adobe FAQ on Yosemite compatibility still does not highlight this issue after all this time!

Or am I missing something?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 13, 2015 Jan 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got off a 2+ hour round with Tech support on this issue. They don't seem to know that this is a problem. I do only have a 3mps connection so...

They tried changing permissions for several underlying files and even had to reload the app.

Someone at least needs to inform their tech support. They wasted a lot of my time as well as theirs...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jan 13, 2015 Jan 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rod,

Sorry you had to go through that. I've passed your comment along to the head of Lightroom tech support.

Thanks,
Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 14, 2015 Jan 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any progress yet? In the meantime I'm finding that ACDSee is working very well and I don't have to rent it. Lightroom Mobile still doesn't allow mobile keyword img tasks, and ACDSee now has layers, another push into Photoshop territory. Is Adobe getting left behind?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please see the replies here: http://feedback.photoshop.com/photosh...

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guess that's a no followed by a yes then.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,
Jan 22, 2015 Jan 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just for it's worth: I installed 10.10.2 and it seems to have solved this problem. A new beta was released yesterday, and it is supposed to be relatively stable: http://9to5mac.com/2015/01/21/apple-o...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jan 27, 2015 Jan 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The final release of 10.10.2 this morning appears to rectify the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 27, 2015 Jan 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apple tells us that the OS network stack issue which caused this problem have been resolved in MacOS 10.10.2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 28, 2015 Jan 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I for one are very pleased Apple did a rubbish job of the Yosemite launch though i do remain disappointed that Adobe never in the compatibility info mentioned the map issue spent masses of time on this and i would have just waited had i known

Glad its done though

Votes

Translate

Translate