• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Keyword Synonyms exported from LRC 11.2 not recognized by Adobe Stock

Community Expert ,
Feb 21, 2022 Feb 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Images that are exported from LRC 11.2 and then uploaded to Adobe Stock lose the exported synonym keywords. This also occurs using the LRC Adobe Stock Publish App.

Issue

• Lightroom Classic Version Number: 11.2
  • OS Version Number: Windows 11 64 bit

Steps to reproduce:

1. Include synonyms with your keyword tag.
  2. Check that the synonyms are to be exported.
  3. Assign the keyword to the image.
  4. Export the image.
  5. Verify that the synonyms were also exported .
  6.  Upload to Adobe Stock.

Expected result: All of the keywords and synonyms should be recognized and uploaded.
Actual result: Only the keyword without synonyms is recogniozed.

Bug Investigating
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 25, 2022 Feb 25, 2022

While not a bug against Lightroom Classic, we do have an issue filed against this with the Adobe Stock team. 

Status Investigating

Votes

Translate

Translate
10 Comments
LEGEND ,
Feb 23, 2022 Feb 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Adobe Stock publish service has other bugs with keywords as well:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-bugs/p-adobe-stock-publishing-service-uploads-a-key...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Feb 25, 2022 Feb 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

I use Adobe Lightroom Classic to upload to Adobe Stock, via the publish service. With my latest lot of photos, it has only included the typed in keywords, and not all the additional keywords (synonyms). These are still correctly showing in Lightroom in the 'will export' box, but have not turned up as keywords in Adobe Stock for submitting.  To limit the number of keywords in my catalog I make extensive use of synonyms, so really need to bring these over too.

Is there a new setting I need to change, and if so where is this?  Or is it a new way of working (I've only just upgraded to v11)? Or is it a bug?

Once the issue is established can I force the latest set of images to republish with the complete keywords?

Thanks for your time!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While not a bug against Lightroom Classic, we do have an issue filed against this with the Adobe Stock team. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products
Status Investigating

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder if the issue is there then. I just tried a work-around. I deleted the images I'd sent via the publish service from stock before submitting. I then exported them from Lightroom like I would for a different stock agency, including all metadata (not as a hierarchy).  I can clearly see all of the keywords in Windows (including the synonyms, which look equivalent to the typed in keywords).  But when I uploaded to Stock using the upload option instead of the link to Lightroom, it still had the lower number of keywords.

Whether this is because it remembered the images or something else I don't know - as how would it distinguish between the two once exported? Maybe tomorrow I can try it with a new image.  

I did manage to succesfully copy and paste in the keywords from Windows Explorer to one of the Stock images, so may take that unwiedly route for now.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Mar 08, 2022 Mar 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This also is my situation. I think Adobe uses a bitflag to maintain the keyword order. Unfortunately, this bitflag prevents the Adobe Stock upload function from recognizing the synanyms. At least that is my theory. 

If taht is the case, a work around might be to export the photos, copy the keywords into notepad, select and copy the keywords from notepad and repaste them into the photo, then upload them into Adobe Stock.

Notepad should remove any bitflags.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 08, 2022 Mar 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"This also is my situation. I think Adobe uses a bitflag to maintain the keyword order. Unfortunately, this bitflag prevents the Adobe Stock upload function from recognizing the synonyms. At least that is my theory."

I don't think that's the direct cause (I'm a plugin developer). The way that LR exposes the keywords to plugins (e.g. the Adobe Stock publishing plugin) is unaffected by the keyword order that LR now stores in the catalog. 

More likely, the programmer who implemented the plugin just wasn't aware of how LR normally exports keywords and synonyms.  The programmer also didn't know about the Include On Export keyword attribute:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-bugs/p-adobe-stock-publishing-service-uploads-a-key... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 07, 2022 Jun 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See here for how to work around this bug and others in the Adobe Stock plugin:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/keywords-not-sent-to-adobe-stock/m-p/12...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2022 Jun 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Beim Übertragen von Bildern mit Stichwörtern zum Adobe Stock über die Veröffentlichungsdienste werden die Synonyme in den Stichwörtern nicht mit übernommen. Habe ich eine Einstellung übersehen oder geht das wirklich nicht. Wäre Gut wenn es gehen würde, da es viel Zeit bei der Veröffentlichung ersparen würde.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Google translation: "When submitting images with tags to Adobe Stock through Publish Services, the synonyms in the tags are not carried over. Have I overlooked a setting or is it really not possible. Would be good if it would work as it would save a lot of time when publishing."

Several bugs were introduced when LR 11 added the limited capability for ordering keywords sent to Adobe Stock: synonyms aren't sent, Include On Export isn't obeyed, and containing keywords aren't sent

You can work around all three bugs using a third-party plugin:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/keywords-not-sent-to-adobe-stock/m-p/12... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate