• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Keywords created since upgrading to 11.2 are not coming up as auto complete suggestions

Community Beginner ,
Feb 10, 2022 Feb 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Issue: Keywords created since upgrading to 11.2 are not coming up as auto complete suggestions in the add keywords field when keywording an image.

Lightroom Classic Version Number: 11.2

OS Version Number: Windows 10 v21H1 & v21H2

Steps to reproduce:

Step 1: Create a new keyword in the catalogue.

Step 2: Select an image and start to type the keyword into the add keyword field in Keywords section.

Expected result:

The new keyword should automatically appear as an auto complete suggestion when adding keywords to an image.

For example, keywords ‘car’ & ‘caravan’ exist in my my catalogue prior to updating to v11.2. Now after upgrading to 11.2 I now add a new keyword ‘carousel’ I would expect all 3 of these keywords to appear after typing ‘ca’ into the add keyword field. However, only ‘car’ & ‘caravan’ show and ‘carousel’ is missing.

Keywords added prior to v11.2 are working but new ones added in 11.2 are not.

This happens on both my workstation and laptop (separate catalogues). I checked and this was working in v11.1.

Bug Fixed Locked
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 4 Correct answers

Explorer , Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

@johnrellis After an update, the version is 11.3, fortunately the bug we are talking about is eliminated 🙂

This topic is not relevant anymore for those who update from 11.2 to 11.3.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Apr 11, 2022 Apr 11, 2022

Updates to the Adobe Photography Products were released today and contain a fix for this issue. Please install the update via your Creative Cloud Desktop App or your respective App Store. 

Note: 

You may need to refresh the Creative Cloud App for desktop software to show an update available.  ([Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+ [ R ])

For Mobile downloads, it may take several days for the update to appear in your respective App Stores.

Thank you for your patience. 

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Mar 06, 2022 Mar 06, 2022

Confirmed bug - see link.

Moved to bugs and closed by Mod.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Feb 10, 2022 Feb 10, 2022

I can reproduce this issue and have logged a bug with the team. Thanks for your report!

Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate
53 Comments
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2022 Mar 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cool, Thanks John, unfamiliar territory for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Mar 09, 2022 Mar 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
In Lr Classic 11.2, entering keywords no longer works as before. 

A new entry no longer proposes, as a first proposition, the keyword used in a previous entry. We are now forced to re-enter more characters or select the desired keyword from the list of proposals.

I saw that bug appears previously in 8.4

I'm on Max OS Monterey 12.1

PS: the bug is only existing in one catalog I use daily (about 50K pics), but not in my main catalog (400k pics)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Mar 15, 2022 Mar 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

What is the location of the text file that you need to add the new keywords to?  It isn,t the keyword list in the right panel is it?  My new keywords DO end up on that list but aren't added to the autofill que.  All my previous keywords work fine but the new ones, added since the newest version, show up on the keyword list and accept hierarchy prioritization but are not called for the auto-complete function.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2022 Mar 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having same problem - Also similar problem with self popupating "title" in metadata. If I select several imagesenter title then enter - in past I would get question - title all or just selected. I ok All and they get title., title.2  title.3, etc. Now only first gets title and i have to enter others separately - BUT no longert get the  dot number so all exactly the same.

Have spent hours 5= on phone with adobe tech support. On hold now as tech looks up something. With screen share i showed him this thread and asked why many others know of problem and one adobe rep reports noting problem and sharing with Adobe staff why adobe techs know  knothing about it. even to say its a known problem and programmers wrking on it -we will let you know when fixed.. All my time -cheep-simce i retired, but the 5+ adobe hours has to be exp[ensive . Is tecjh support so out of it. Not really worth calling!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 16, 2022 Mar 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"If I select several imagesenter title then enter - in past I would get question - title all or just selected. I ok All and they get title., title.2  title.3, etc. Now only first gets title and i have to enter others separately"

In Library, select two or more photos, and in the Metadata panel, click on Selected Photos:

johnrellis_0-1647447904350.png

Now you when you modify a metadata field like Title, all the selected photos will get the same value. 

A bug in the upgrade process failed to copy previous setting for this option, confusing large numbers of people, and unfortunately, Adobe hasn't acknowledged it as a bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 16, 2022 Mar 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Is tech support so out of it. Not really worth calling!!!!"

Adobe tech support is hit or miss, more often miss. They're best at very routine issues but not good at all with more recent bugs and more complicated issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 17, 2022 Mar 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"What is the location of the text file that you need to add the new keywords to?"

Create a text file with Notepad or Textedit and add the new keywords to it, one per line. Then in LR do Metadata > Import Keywords and select that file. This appeared to work for at least one person.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Mar 20, 2022 Mar 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been over a month. Any indication as to when a fix will be imlemented? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, Adobe never communicates planned release dates in advance.

All we can do is just wait.

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Historically, Adobe releases a new version of LR every 8 weeks, so we might see 11.3 in early April.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 22, 2022 Mar 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I keyword all my 40,000 photos and everything has worked fine until recently. I now notice that any new keyword tags I apply to a photo aren't remembered for next time so they dont appear in the autofill if I start to type the same keyword. All old existing keywords are still fine it's just new ones aren't remembered.

Can anyone help?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Mar 22, 2022 Mar 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See earlier post - same subject. Several complaints, they are aware, it is
scheduled for future bug fix. Nobody knows when.
Verne

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 24, 2022 Mar 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same problem as the creator of this post. As well as several others from Jan 20 to today. Since the update on feb 20th I have edited 8,338 images. This Bug is killing me for time and the use of smart galleries.. Soon my summer season begins where i'll process close to 10,000 images per week...... It's over a month now. When will this bug get fixed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 24, 2022 Mar 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Example:  I created "Kim Monroe" as a new keyword. [clicked on the existing keyword "K" in the list then clicked Create keyword tag inside "K"]  I then imported several photos of Kim.  When I start to tag and type "Kim", a list of  previously created "Kim" entries auto-suggests in the Enter Keyword panel, but the list does not include "Kim Monroe".  This happens with any new keyword I create.  This only started happening today though it has been a couple of weeks since I last created a new keyword.

I am running Build: 202201281441-a5b5f472 on Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Mar 27, 2022 Mar 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue with new keywords not showing up in the auto complete list. I noticed some people said this works for them, and it does for me too. After adding the new keyword(s) I'll close Lightroom, delete the helper file, then re-start Lightroom. The new keyword(s) are included in the auto complete list after that. It's Clunky! but it will work for me until Adobe fixes the bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 05, 2022 Apr 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to have too many keywords in my keyword list? Keywords that have been recently added do not show up when I try to add them to an image by typing in the box that says "Click here to add keywords". These words are in my keyword list and I can find them by filtering that, but they do not auto-complete in the add keywords box. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Keywords that have been recently added do not show up when I try to add them to an image by typing in the box that says "Click here to add keywords". These words are in my keyword list and I can find them by filtering that, but they do not auto-complete in the add keywords box."

This bug was introduced in LR 11.2 and acknowledged by Adobe:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-bugs/p-keywords-created-since-upgrading-to-11-2-are...

Hopefully it will be fixed in LR 11.3, which if past history is a guide, is likely due in the next week or two.  Meanwhile, there are two workarounds: Roll back to 11.1, or periodically delete the catalog's Helper.lrdata file:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-bugs/p-keywords-created-since-upgrading-to-11-2-are... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 10, 2022 Apr 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guten Tag,

in Lightroom Classic wurden bei mir lange Zeit bei der Stichwörtvergabe, Vorschläge in einem Drop-Down Menü angezeigt. Seit kurzem werden diese Vorläge bzw. die "zuletzt eingegebenen Werte" nicht mehr angezeigt. 

Bei der "Beschreibung" und  "Titel" werden die Vorläge weiterhin angezeigt.

Den Haken in den Katalogeinstellungen habe ich gesetzt. 

Hat Jemand eine Idee wie ich dies beheben kann?

Vielen Dank

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a known bug that Adobe has confirmed:

Hopefully, it will be fixed in LR 11.3, which, if history is any guide, will come out in a week or two. Meanwhile, you could roll back to 11.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Apr 11, 2022 Apr 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is a bug. I've been getting around it by going into the keyword list and creating the keyword in there before adding it to the photo's keywords. It works OK then. Until I figured that out I found a different work-around. You can exit lightroom, delete the catalog's helper file, then go back into lightroom. It would let you add the keyword to other photos then.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 11, 2022 Apr 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updates to the Adobe Photography Products were released today and contain a fix for this issue. Please install the update via your Creative Cloud Desktop App or your respective App Store. 

Note: 

You may need to refresh the Creative Cloud App for desktop software to show an update available.  ([Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+ [ R ])

For Mobile downloads, it may take several days for the update to appear in your respective App Stores.

Thank you for your patience. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products
Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Apr 18, 2022 Apr 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a new bug in LR 11. Before the version 11 this was not present.

To reproduce:

1. Enter a name for a recognized face. A new name that isn't in the database yet.

2. Try to specify the same name to another face, by starting to type the same name. The previously entered name isn't in the list of suggetions, so the whole name has to by typed again and again...

In previous LR versions all newly added names were immediately present in the autocomplete list.

Votes

Translate

Translate