• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Library Previews not updating

Participant ,
Apr 22, 2022 Apr 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This hasn't ever happened to me previously and I edit hundreds of images a day, as a wedding photographer. Has only appeared since latest update (so far as I've seen). 

Edit an image in Develop mode, normally the thumbnail at the bottom would auto update with the new preview/look. It doesn't anymore. Go to Library mode to check, no, no update to the preview, it's still the old look. Force rebuild standard preview (and 1:1 preview) no effect. The Library preview will not update to the new look created in Develop mode. 

Quit LR, then restart it, the preview is updated. 

Even did a Sync of one process, which was converting to BW across 5 images. Four of the images changed profile to the new look, the 1st image in the group didn't. Stuck with previous old version of the look. Quit and restart LR it changed to new look. 

MacOSX 10.15.7

Hampshire Wedding Photographer / Documentary Wedding Photographer
Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Updates to the Adobe Photography Products were released on June 13.  Using this release we are no longer able to reproduce this error internally. Please install the update and let us know if the issue has disappeared for you as well.

If you do not see the update (Mac and Win) you can refresh your Creative Cloud App with the keyboard shortcut [Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+[ R ].

Thank you for your patience.

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 243 Replies 243
243 Comments
Community Expert ,
Jun 09, 2022 Jun 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will try now as I have an M1 Pro 14 inch and MOnterey also.... and I'll respond back with what I find out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jun 13, 2022 Jun 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to agree that since an update allmost two monbths ago, LR has been a pain to work with in that the previews are ever so slow to update in library module, if ever.

It's beyond me why Adobe developers do not experience and remedy all these bugs and flaws in a program that so many are deeply dependent on, it's totaly unacceptable, if you ask me. We pay premium price and must expect a premium maintained product. All these frustrations ought to enable a considerable discount on the subscription!

Just before writing this I again started to considder alternatives, this is how bad I think it is currently. As everyone else I've been doing everything possible to tune my system for optimum performance, but with absolutely no result.

And this is just the icing - there are lots of room for other enhancements in the color grading department, masking/selection department etc. Auto mask, for example, is just so primitive and hasn't been updated for years, as far as I can see. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an issue that has been bugging me for a couple of weeks (months maybe) that I could never fix: I copy and paste settings from one photo to other similar ones but some thumbnails do not update.
I have cleared the cache and increased its size I also have the latest version but nothing works.
It didn't happen a couple of months ago and this happens with any catalog.
Even after I edit all the photos, when I go back to review what I did in the grid view, some thumbnails show the original (not edited) version.
The thumbnail only updates a couple of seconds after I click on the photo, but it often "goes back" to its original thumbnail.

Here's a screenshot of what I mean: 2022-06-12_20h04_24.png

And a video:

Windows 10 Pro, 21H2
Lightroom Classic 11.3.1 Release

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have already provided a solution to this a few days ago, but Adobe hasn't been kind enough to mark it as an accepted answer: https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-bugs/p-library-previews-not-updating/idc-p/12989710...

SOLUTION:

- Make sure you save all your work in any Adobe CC app you may have open (other than Lightroom).

- Launch Lightroom Classic CC.

- Go to Help menu > Sign out...

- Gasp for air when presented with a big message about being signed out from every Adobe app and all apps being closed.

- Wait for Lightroom (and all other Adobe apps) to quit.

- Launch Lightroom Classic CC again.

- Sign back in with your Adobe ID.

- Enjoy using Lightroom normally again.

ALTERNATIVE WORKAROUND 1:

If you're still having issues pasting Develop Settings or applying them from previous photo in the Library Module, try clicking Reset All under Quick Develop (Ctrl/Cmd + Shift + R) and then reapplying/pasting.

ALTERNATIVE WORKAROUND 2: 

If resetting all is not an option (like when you are pasting only partial masks that you want to merge to an already edited image), go and edit the image in Develop module and under History panel (left side) click an older history step, then come back to the latest history step. That seems to force reupdating of the thumbnail in the Library module.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting the same issue, it seems to start happening for me after I have been editing photos in  Lightroom for over an hour. Exiting Lightroom and going back in again will update the thumbnails in grid view, but after about 10 mins they stop updating again. The only way around it I have found is to reboot my PC, then I can work again normally for an hour or so. Lightroom 11.3.1 OS: Windows 10 21H2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rikk Flohr from Adobe stated on May 4 that they are working on this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updates to the Adobe Photography Products were released on June 13.  Using this release we are no longer able to reproduce this error internally. Please install the update and let us know if the issue has disappeared for you as well.

If you do not see the update (Mac and Win) you can refresh your Creative Cloud App with the keyboard shortcut [Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+[ R ].

Thank you for your patience.

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products
Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Jun 15, 2022 Jun 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just tested the new release 11.4 on macOS Big Sur 11.6.6.

Performing a simple crop, bringing in the edges where the background ran out.

First side the Secondary Screen - Loupe normal, updated.

Did the other side. 3 minutes has passed, I'm not doing anything and the other side hasn't updated. So it is not as if there's significant system load delaying the refresh.

Click an image the right, the bottom thumbnails updated.

Then the secondary screen loop updated.

It needed manual intervention before it updated.

So the response the change in crop is stil partially broken in 11.4, it isn't responding to all resize/crop events. There isn't a timer that is periodically checking to see if the loupe needs to be updated. But the check is happening when you change focus in the thumbnail. It's almost as if it's not doing any redraw notifications on a mouse up event. There is some form of real time scheduling of updates because when you start to crop the loupe feels like it starts to follow your actions. But then it seems to stop doing that in real-time.

It is reliably failing. I've been able to repeat this behaviour.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here a screen recording of my LR 11.4 / Mac OS 12.4, showing the filmstrip thumbnail and Secondary Display > Loupe - Normal not reflecting the current crop in Develop, as described by @dw24154351:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9iuy1d8wotd4c7u/loupe-doesn%27t-show-crop.2022.06.15.mov?dl=0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR generally releases about every 8 weeks.  So if history is any guide, we'd expect to see LR 11.5 in the next 8 weeks or so, which one hopes will fix the issue.

Meanwhile, try reverting to 11.2. I learned this from Adobe pros. Although maybe LR 6 will be more stable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 16, 2022 Jun 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the Crop Update on the Library Preview if you have the Navigator Panel Open?
Does it make any difference whether that panel is open or closed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Does the Crop Update on the Library Preview if you have the Navigator Panel Open? Does it make any difference whether that panel is open or closed?"

In my LR 11.4, when the Navigator panel is open, the Secondary Display > Loupe - Normal and the filmstrip thumbnail update correctly as I adjust the crop.  If I start out with the Navigator panel closed, then as soon as I open the panel, the stale Loupe - Normal and thumbnail catch up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That would be a viable workaround for the Crop Issue. 

What isn't clear to me is: Is the Preview not updating (ignoring crop) being encountered any longer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Jun 17, 2022 Jun 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rikk. The answer to having the Navigator Panel opened is yes. There is a performance improvement when the panel is opened. Close the panel with the disclosure panel button and it no longer syncs. Re-open the panel and it is responding almost live to the crop resize.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Jun 17, 2022 Jun 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thumbnail preview at the bottom appears to be also performing better after a crop. There seems to be some improvement in the scheduling of the update. Seems to be more immediate. Not just crop, other adjustments are being updated in the thumbnails.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jul 24, 2022 Jul 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LRCC 14.4.1

So I've followed the various "fixes" including signing out, and my previews in library mode are still not updating after syncing edits or using a quick develop preset. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jul 24, 2022 Jul 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For anyone reading this, just went through support and a remote session. I had to go to system prefs/ security and privacy/ accessibility then add LR CC to that option, then in the same window add LRCC to "full disk access" and "Files and folders". The agent then reflashed the lightroom main preference file (but i cant remember where that file was sorry)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jul 25, 2022 Jul 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Allowing LRC full Disk Access seems to solve a lot of "problems". If you install other applications, like 1 Password or Techtool Pro, you have to allow Full Disk Access to those also... There just seem to be more steps to installing software applications than a long long time ago !

Votes

Translate

Translate