• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Library Previews not updating

Participant ,
Apr 22, 2022 Apr 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This hasn't ever happened to me previously and I edit hundreds of images a day, as a wedding photographer. Has only appeared since latest update (so far as I've seen). 

Edit an image in Develop mode, normally the thumbnail at the bottom would auto update with the new preview/look. It doesn't anymore. Go to Library mode to check, no, no update to the preview, it's still the old look. Force rebuild standard preview (and 1:1 preview) no effect. The Library preview will not update to the new look created in Develop mode. 

Quit LR, then restart it, the preview is updated. 

Even did a Sync of one process, which was converting to BW across 5 images. Four of the images changed profile to the new look, the 1st image in the group didn't. Stuck with previous old version of the look. Quit and restart LR it changed to new look. 

MacOSX 10.15.7

Hampshire Wedding Photographer / Documentary Wedding Photographer
Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Updates to the Adobe Photography Products were released on June 13.  Using this release we are no longer able to reproduce this error internally. Please install the update and let us know if the issue has disappeared for you as well.

If you do not see the update (Mac and Win) you can refresh your Creative Cloud App with the keyboard shortcut [Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+[ R ].

Thank you for your patience.

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 243 Replies 243
243 Comments
Community Expert ,
May 17, 2022 May 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you post a question you always need to tell the program you are using
There are MANY programs in a full subscription, plus other non-subscription programs
Please post the exact name of the Adobe program you use so a Moderator may move this message to that forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Couldn't find an edit button. I am using LR Classic

Lightroom Classic version: 11.3.1 [ 202204181225-f90ebff5 ]
License: Creative Cloud
Language setting: en
Operating system: Windows 10 - Home Premium Edition
Version: 10.0.19043

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having an issue applying auto tone (Cmd-U) on MacOS, which I sometimes use as a startign point for editing. Here's what happens:

1. Look at photo in Library, either grid or loupe mode.

2. Type Cmd-U to auto tone.

3. Nothing changes in the photo's appearance.

4. Go to develop mode. With no other action, tone control sliders shift to reflect auto tone settings and the photo's appearance changes to reflect the auto tone command.

Obviousy, what I'd like is for the auto tone changes to be visible while still in the library view. I've had this problem many times in recent days, but not always. In testing, I tried using the exposure controls in Library's quick develop section and once it had troubles, too. After that test, the auto tone seemed to work as intended, with Lightroom showing the changes immediately in the Library mode.

I'm using Lightroom 11.3.1 on a 2021 16-inch MacBook Pro with 32GB RAM, MacOS 12.4 (though the problem happened in 12.3 also).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
May 18, 2022 May 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently I've found an unusual problem when applying Quick Develop adjustments in the Library module.

When applying Quick Develop adjustments, the photo does not change at all initially, e.g. if I lift the exposure a stop, then the photo does not brighten at all. Normally, I would see an update very quickly.

If I then switch to the Develop module, the change does appear. If I switch back to the Library module, the change shows there now. And if I make further changes in the Library module, then they show there without having to go to the Develop module. 

I tried making the first adjustment in the Develop module rather than in the Library module. That works fine. But when I switch to the Library module, the adjustment does not show. If I then go back to the Develop module and make another adjustment, then it shows in the Library module when I switch there. The appearance in the two modules is then in sync.

The problem is not reproducibel with any jpegs I've tried, but usually only with DNGs from Lightroom Mobile on an iPhone SE (1st Gen). Sometimes DNGs from that source work fine first time. Until recently, all my DNGs from that camera have been fine in responding to adjustments in the Library module. I've tried DNGs converted from a CR2 raw file from my Canon SLR, without a problem. 

I am using Lightroom Classic v11.3.1 on a Macbook Pro 16" 2019 running Big Sur 11.6. The DNGs were created on Lightroom Mobile v7.3.3.

Can you please advise?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 18, 2022 May 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issuse as the OP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
May 19, 2022 May 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Similar issue in Windows 10. Operating system & LRC all up to date. Synced Library thumbnails don't update. Open in Develop and the image displays as expected, revert to Library and is now updated

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
May 21, 2022 May 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have worked on 20-30 images in the develop module. When I go back to the Library module that crop (and other edits) do not appear. I tried rebuilding previews but that didn't change anything. I am using Lrc 11.3.1/ Thank you

dev crop.jpg

Lib uncrop.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 22, 2022 May 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using an M1 pro macbook. It happens quite often that after I made some quick edits in Develop Module and switch back to Library module, the edits are not reflected there. I tried rebuilding standard and 1:1 and smart previews and none of them work. Usually I have to make more edits and switch back and see whether that helps. 

Today I reached out to the customer support and they told me to "switch to B&W" and then switch back to Library module. This works! 

I think this bug needs to be fixed. I have never seen this when I was using Lightroom Classic on Windows. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 23, 2022 May 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue with the Loupe View window randomly not refreshing in the Develop window in Lightroom Classic 11.3.1 - using Windows 11. This is very frustrating. I uninstalled and re-installed Lightroom and this didn't resolve the issue. This should be raised as a critical bug with the development team and be addressed ASAP. I've used Lightroom for years and never encountered this issue before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just use older version meanwhile they correct this version, 11.2 has the
same functionalities and doesnt have this bug. Don't reinstall 11.3.

--

www.sergioalegre.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly. I'm facing the exact same issues with 11.3 and I am very glad that rollback to 11.2 is so easy and I can work with LR.

Adobe has to come up with a fix asap though.

I also have the feeling that 11.2 runs snappier. Under 11.3 I sometimes heard the fans of my M1 Pro Macbook, which I never do on 11.2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 24, 2022 May 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Buenas a ver si me podeis ayudar, si edito una foto en el modulo revelar de lightroom y luego la quiero ver en el modulo biblioteca me aparece sin las ediciones que acabo de hacerle. Si cierro el programa y lo vuelvo a abrir entonces estas ediciones si aparecen en el modulo biblioteca. Gracias.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Google transation: "if I edit a photo in the reveal module of lightroom and then I want to see it in the library module, it appears without the edits I just made. If I close the program and reopen it then these editions do appear in the library module."

@antonio rasero balón, roll back to LR 11.2 while waiting for Adobe to fix this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I edited my WB temperature and Tone Curve on one image in the LR Classic Develop Module, then first left-clicked (Windows 10 PC) on the edited image, then held the CTRL button down while clicking on another image in the 'filmstrip' at the bottom (which I desire edited the same way), then clicked the "Sync ..." button.

The WB temperature DID synchronize to the second image, BUT the Tone Curve did NOT (even though both boxes were checked-off in the Sync menu prior to hitting the Sync... button. I'm new to LR Classic. I'd used LR4 for many, many years and never had this occur. Would appreciate receiving a 'fix'. Thanks in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do the menu command Help > System Info. Are you on LR 11.3 or 11.3.1?  They have a bug where Library and filmstrip thumbnails aren't properly updating after you make changes to their develop settings:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-bugs/p-library-previews-not-updating/idi-p/12897363

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 25, 2022 May 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for your quick reply, johnrellis.  I'm on LR 11.3.1.   One thing I forgot to explicitly mention is that the image files I'm working with were first edited in LR 4(.8?);  I keep them on an external HD (and have a backup external HD) and detached those HDs from my old PC (Windows 7, LR 4(.8?) and plugged them into my new PC (Windows 10, LR Classic 11.3.1).  This is the first time I've attempted editing them in LR 11.3.1.

Thanks for the link.  Several people are having issues similar to mine; however, for whatever reason, I don't seem to be having the problem today (knock on wood).  As a test, I made edits to one image (White Balance temp, contrast, saturation and tone curve (highlights and shadows).  I then held down Ctrl and selected every-other image for 2 images (i.e., total of  original and 2 additional images selected), skipped an image and then selected the next two images adjacent to each other (now having a total of the original image and 4 additional images selected).  I hit 'Sync..." and the first 3 of the 4 additional images selected (displayed in the filmstrip) had their previews updated to match the original, but not the 4th.  I used the arrow keys to jump between the images (starting with the original, then moving 'right'), checking the slider positions and tone curve appearance.  When I got to the last (4th) edited image, the preview changed to match the others and the sliders and tone curve matched the others.  For whatever reason, that last image's preview hadn't updated (unless it never was updated with the sync until I moved over that image with the 'right' arrow key ...). 

After all I've gone through to get my new computer updated with the new software and getting my LR catalogs recognized/updated by the new LR, I sure wasn't planning to have to deal with a software glitch.  I will keep you informed of developments as I get more experience with this setup, editing more images.  Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many people are rolling back to LR 11.2 until Adobe fixes the many bugs introduced in LR 11.3 and 11.3.1. Unless you have a very specific reason for being on 11.3, that should avoid the problems with the thumbnails not updating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
May 27, 2022 May 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just want to confirm the last release brought a oproblem in the library module: canges to an image does not appear in the thumbnail. Furthermore ant changes made in the Develppment module takes some "back and forth" actions from Library to Development before the changes are visible.

Other then that a copy setting / paste setting does not work properly in the library module because the changes are applied but without updating the thumbmails. 

Like someone suggested i bring LR classic to the 11.2 version and everythings working as before. So it's a bug i think. MS Windows 10 regularily updated

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe has acknowledged this bug.  Rolling back to LR 11.2 is the only known reliable workaround. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom ll.3.1, Windows 11. Lately, the Library module does not show the changes I make in the Develop module, e.g., crop, tone control etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 31, 2022 May 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See the correct answer at the top of this thread for a workaround.

Votes

Translate

Translate