• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Lightroom Classic: Applying develop preset to multiple images transfer all settings

Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a preset for sharpening. When I select multiple images and apply this develop preset there is a weird behaviour. The preset is applied but also all other images get develop settings from the active image in the selection.

This started happening in 10.4. I use this regularly and it never behaved like this.

test_preset-67003eb1-7c3e-4b02-adc3-7a1fca6e16f0-248961127.pngtest_preset-67003eb1-7c3e-4b02-adc3-7a1fca6e16f0-248961127.png

Lightroom Classic version: 10.4 [ 202108071231-af9219b9 ]
License: Creative Cloud
Language setting: en
Operating system: Windows 10 - Business Edition
Version: 10.0.19043
Application architecture: x64
System architecture: x64
Logical processor count: 12
Processor speed: 3,1GHz
SqLite Version: 3.34.0
Built-in memory: 49076,1 MB
Real memory available to Lightroom: 49076,1 MB
Real memory used by Lightroom: 4036,5 MB (8,2%)
Virtual memory used by Lightroom: 5463,4 MB
GDI objects count: 818
USER objects count: 2310
Process handles count: 3956
Memory cache size: 3950,8MB
Internal Camera Raw version: 13.4 [ 872 ]
Maximum thread count used by Camera Raw: 5
Camera Raw SIMD optimization: SSE2,AVX,AVX2
Camera Raw virtual memory: 924MB / 24538MB (3%)
Camera Raw real memory: 932MB / 49076MB (1%)
System DPI setting: 144 DPI (high DPI mode)
Desktop composition enabled: Yes
Displays: 1) 3840x2160
Input types: Multitouch: No, Integrated touch: No, Integrated pen: Yes, External touch: No, External pen: Yes, Keyboard: No

Graphics Processor Info: 
DirectX: Radeon RX 580 Series (27.20.22001.14011)

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Greetings,

The Max 2021 Photography products updates have been released and include remedies for this topic.  The updates will be rolling out worldwide, October 26 and 27, 2021. If you do not see the updates in your Creative Cloud Desktop app, you can refresh the apps to see if the updates are available in your region.  The keyboard shortcut to refresh is [Cmd/Ctrl] + [Opt/Alt] + [ R ]. 

Note: iOS and Android updates may take up to a week to appear in your App Store.

Thank you for your pat

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Sep 14, 2021 Sep 14, 2021

Settings status to Acknowledged

Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 107 Replies 107
107 Comments
Community Expert ,
Sep 07, 2021 Sep 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe this is indeed a confirmed bug. And I have moved this to the appropriate forum (Lightroom Classic bugs).

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Sep 07, 2021 Sep 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 08, 2021 Sep 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please help. I'm lost. So here's what happens...If I go through my images and individually crop say 5 images to the desired crop. When I highlight those images to batch sync a preset they all seem to re-crop to the same crop of last image I cropped. This happens when I apply the preset. I'm lost.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated to 10.4 this morning. Here's my issue. 

I make black and whites by creating virtual copies, selecting those copies and applying a preset to those copies. The problem now is that all photos will take on all characteristics of the photo that is selected, including things like crop and spot removal. This happens when none of those options are selected on the preset or my sync options. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deleted, by myshelf.  Merge of postings make this reply circular. providing link as it where to the merged post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deleted, by myshelf.  Merge of postings make this reply circular. providing link as it where to the merged post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 12, 2021 Sep 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Do you have any idea when this bug will be fixed?

--
HAYDEN PHOENIX
[PII removed by moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 14, 2021 Sep 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the last update, I am experimenting some trouble with the auto sync button.

I use to edit my photos and when I finish, I create a virtual copy opf all of them and I apply a black and white preset. Normally, this action keeps all the parameters of the original photo edited, but with the monochrme profile and the b&w configuration of the preset. The rest still the same in the virtual copy (the same cutout and rotation with the original one).

Now I lose this cutouts and rotations of the original ones, once I apply the b&n preset, with the auto sync button activated.

Is this happening to somebody else?

Thanks,

Abel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Lightroom Classic, latest version on Windows 10. After most recent LR update, whenever I apply a preset to a selection of images, it also crops each image to whatever the dimensions are of the 1st image in the selection.

I usually apply a Noise and Sharpen preset when I have finished editing, where this hasn't happened before!

I know there are workarounds, but I know this shouldn't be happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Settings status to Acknowledged

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products
Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am dealing with the exact same issue with LR 10.4. 

Auto Sync on, and apply a change (say exposure)... but it also applies every other change made from the selected main photo (like crop and white balance) to all others selected in the group. Very annoying. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am dealing with the exact same Auto Sync issue with LR 10.4. 

Auto Sync on, select a group of images and apply a change (say exposure)... but it also applies every other change made from the selected main photo (like crop and white balance) to all others selected in the group. Very annoying. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 16, 2021 Sep 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would love some help, I think I might have made a change to my settings without realizing it. When editing my gallery of images in Lightroom, I first go and edit all my photos in color and crop and add adjustments where needed- once this is done, I do "Command + A" to select all my photos then I click on my black and white preset to change all the photos in my gallery to my perfered black and white settings. This is when the issue happens.... as it changes my photos to black and white, it will also crop some and roate them slightly so they are no longer straight. I am sure this is an easy fix but I am not aware of it. This is not a new preset and is one I have used for years without this issue. Also, I will mention, if I apply the preset to each photo individually, all is fine. It will only do this when I have selected all the photos to be changed by "auto sync"

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Sep 16, 2021 Sep 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"It will only do this when I have selected all the photos to be changed by "auto sync""

A workaround while awaiting the fix: Go to Library Grid view (g). Select the desired photos and then apply the preset using the Saved Preset menu in the Quick Develop panel in the right column.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Sep 17, 2021 Sep 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 18, 2021 Sep 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Issue: Auto Sync of a Preset causes White balance to be updated

• Lightroom Version Number: 10.4
  • Camera RAW: 13.4
  • OS Version Number: Windows 10 Pro for workstations version 20H2

Steps to reproduce:

1. Take a few RAW photos at different times of the day with white balance set to Auto (eg sunrise, mid afternoon, sunset) . Or take some in daylight and others in different indoor artificial lights. The idea is to record different color temperatures and tints with the Auto setting.
  2. Import the RAW files into Lightroom Classic
  3. Switch to Develop Module
  4. By default the white balance will be set to "As Shot" and the files will show different Color Temperatures and Tints.
  5. Select all files. The first file will be highlighted lighter than the others to show it is the active file. You can at this point highlight any other file you wish to apply the preset to.
  6. Switch on Auto Sync.
  7. Select a preset to apply to all files. The preset should not be updating the white balance. For example I use a preset which switches off all sharpening in Lightroom as I do my sharpening outside of lightroom.
  8. Now check the color temperature and tints of each of the files. Even though the white balance is still set to "As Shot" the color temperatures and tints will be updated for the rest of the files to the color temperature and tint of the highlighted file. This is the bug. The color temperature and tints should not have been updated.

Expected result: The color temperatures and tints should be different for each file
Actual result: The color temperatures and tints are identical for each file

Work around: After applying the presets necessary to all the files with AutoSync still on select white balance as "Auto" and then again select white balance "as Shot". The white balance for each of the files will be updated to the original values as shot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an instance of a more general bug that Adobe has acknowledged. While waiting for it to be fixed, use this workaround:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-bugs/p-lightroom-classic-applying-develop-preset-to... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Sep 21, 2021 Sep 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue is further complicated. With a applying an adaptive preset to multiple photos, the crop position of the first photo used in creating the adaptive preset is applied to each of the photos.  Now how in the heck is 'crop' being applied when it isn't even a choice when creating an adaptive preset?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Sep 21, 2021 Sep 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Now how in the heck is 'crop' being applied when it isn't even a choice when creating an adaptive preset?"

The bug causes all (or most?) of the source photo's develop settings to be copied to the target photo, regardless of what's set in the preset. Until it's fixed, you'll have to use the workaround posted in my previous reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 23, 2021 Sep 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pretty sure this is a bug since I've never had this issue prior to updating to LRCC 10.4.

Issue: Lightroom Classic presets adjust ALL settings based on primary selected photo when Auto Sync is on instead of only what the preset is assigned to adjust.

Lightroom Classic version: 10.4 [ 202108071231-af9219b9 ]

Provide OS and version: macOS 10.14.6

Steps to Reproduce the Issue:

Step 1: Make individual adjustments to a group of photos (example: 3 photos - photo 1: 5500K Temp, +0.25 Exposure, +10 Contrast, photo 2: 4300K Temp, +1.00 Exposure, -5 Blacks, photo 3: 5100K Temp, +0.5 Exposure, -30 Highlights, +10 Shadows)

Step 2: Select all three photos. Primary selected photo is photo 3.

Step 3: Turn on Auto Sync

Step 4: Click on a preset from the preset panel. Any preset, LR or User created. (Example preset: 68 Sharpening, 37 Luminance)

Expected result: Lightroom should apply preset settings leaving prior individual adjustments untouched.

Actual result: Lightroom applies preset settings AND changes ALL other adjustments on ALL photos to match primary selected photo. (Example result based on above: ALL photos have applied preset settings of 68 Sharpening and 37 Luminance AS WELL AS settings of primary selected photo, photo 3: 5100K Temp, +0.5 Exposure, -30 Highlights, +10 Shadows)

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, a search on this community will in fact show over and over again, acknowledged bug

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-bugs/p-lightroom-classic-applying-develop-preset-to...

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excellent, good to know. Thank you GoldingD!

Votes

Translate

Translate