• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Lightroom Classic Book Module problems

Contributor ,
Sep 01, 2021 Sep 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been patientilly waiting for help with these issues in LrC Book Module, posted in the now closed Adobe Photoshop Forum. I don't understand what I am to do to get help with these ongoing issues. I was working with @Deleted User, and I thought that after uploading example files and promises that the engineers would look at the issue, I don't understand what I am to do now. Has Adobe given up of trying to solve long standing issues and closing past reports is a convienant way of telling their customers to go away? I hope not and I really would like Adobe engineers to know that the book module does not work very well.

Issue #1

I'm making a book in LrC 10.2 on a Mac Pro 10.15.7 (Catalina).

Some of the custom pages include a photo description cell and the filename is automatically included. When I highlight the cell and press delete, all is well, it deletes. However the next time I open LrC and go to the book module to continue working, the deleted photo description cell reappears. I am forced to go through the entire book and delete the photo descriptions all over again.

Issue #2

I am experiencing issues wherein the book module fails to refresh when I drag a new image into a photo cell. What happens is the cell or the whole page goes white and changing pages or zoom does not force a view reset. The view will refresh if I quit and restart.

Issue #3

Zooming out to look at multiple pages, makes placed images invisible. I cannot see the images when four or more double page views are displayed on the screen.

I have uploaded sample catalogues to my Creative Cloud for the engineers to look at. Now that the Photoshop Forum is closed, I remain hopeful that this new forum will be willing to help solve problems rather than just write us all off with the closing of the last forum. You can't balance a bank book by closing your account and opening a new one!

Bug Started
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Setting status - attaching investigation bug number 

Status Started

Votes

Translate

Translate
4 Comments
Contributor ,
Sep 01, 2021 Sep 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These issues continue with the most recent version of LrC 10.4.

Lightroom Classic version: 10.4 [ 202108071231-af9219b9 ]
License: Creative Cloud
Language setting: en-CA
Operating system: Mac OS 10
Version: 10.15.7 [19H1323]
Application architecture: x64
Logical processor count: 32
Processor speed: 3.2GHz
SqLite Version: 3.34.0
Built-in memory: 98,304.0 MB
Real memory available to Lightroom: 98,304.0 MB
Real memory used by Lightroom: 4,747.7 MB (4.8%)
Virtual memory used by Lightroom: 20,193.7 MB
Memory cache size: 382.7MB
Internal Camera Raw version: 13.4 [ 872 ]
Maximum thread count used by Camera Raw: 5
Camera Raw SIMD optimization: SSE2,AVX,AVX2
Camera Raw virtual memory: 1146MB / 49151MB (2%)
Camera Raw real memory: 1154MB / 98304MB (1%)
Displays: 1) 5120x2160, 2) 3840x2160

Graphics Processor Info:
Metal: AMD Radeon Pro W5700X

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Sep 03, 2021 Sep 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cross-referencing post: https://feedback-readonly.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/lightroom-classic-book-modul... 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Setting status - attaching investigation bug number 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products
Status Started

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Feb 13, 2022 Feb 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I commented on this bug in the previous support system. Since it is still happening, I thought I would comment again.

In multiple-page view, I often see pages flashing white, or else permanently white. Zooming the thumbnail size to have more or fewer pages visible can affect the proportion of white pages. Switching back to two-page (or one-page) view lets me edit in peace. This happens both on Windows and on my Mac M1 mini.

Votes

Translate

Translate