• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Lightroom Classic: FTP Upload broken after update

Community Beginner ,
Jun 14, 2021 Jun 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upgraded to 10.3 and it seems that the ftp support is broken. When I try to upload a web gallery using Juicebox Pro, then I get the error:

FTP transfer failed with message ‘?:0: attempt to call field 'AgNetIO' (a nil value)’.

I get the same issue with FTP Upload plug in.

I have just reverted to version 10.2, and the issue has gone away.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Oct 29, 2021 Oct 29, 2021

Issue is fixed in current supported OS

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Lightroom Classic 11 was released today and no longer supports Mojave as an OS. This bug was only found under Mojave. To fix this issue, an OS update is required. 

Status Unresolved

Votes

Translate

Translate
41 Comments
LEGEND ,
Aug 18, 2021 Aug 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve, you don´t have to bother updating, stay with 10.2. Yes, I did the same, sent a mail with screen shots and the error logs, but Adobe couldn´t help, very disappointing...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Aug 18, 2021 Aug 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Peter - appreciate the tip. Saves me the effort of updating for now. Adobe - what are you doing about this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic 11 was released today and no longer supports Mojave as an OS. This bug was only found under Mojave. To fix this issue, an OS update is required. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products
Status Unresolved

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Oct 29, 2021 Oct 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Issue is fixed in current supported OS

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products
Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 20, 2022 May 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are other reasons for sticking with a particular OS, and I can't upgrade from Mojave to whatever pleases you. I'm subscribing to a piece of software (LR Classic) that does run on the OS I'm subscribing and running it on, but this feature is broken! I.e. it needs to be fixed.
When can we expect to see a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 20, 2022 May 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It will never be fixed as both your version of Lightroom Classic and Mojave are no longer supported. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 21, 2022 May 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you an Adobe employee, or do you have zero authority here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 27, 2022 May 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Are you an Adobe employee, or do you have zero authority here?"

Bob is a frequent contributor here who has provided help and accurate information to very many others:

johnrellis_0-1653676687813.png

What he wrote was accurate:

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/supported-versions.html 

"Security and bug fixes are only provided for the current version."

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/system-requirements.html

"macOS Catalina (version 10.15) or later"

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 27, 2022 May 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sure he's fantastic help for many people, and I'm sure you are too.
But again, all that's irrelevant if you're not Adobe employees.
I have zero interest in wasting both my time and yours with a discussion that is completely irrelevant.
I need to know when it will be fixed, and if it won't, I need to know how we will be compensated. It's of course absolutely appauling to charge full pay for a subscription to a faulty piece of software.
They can fix it with an update or give those of us stuck with this version of the software a rebate.

Now, unless you are an Adobe employee, I have zero interest in your opinion on the matter. I don't mean that in a disrespectful way, but I do mean it. It's only a waste of your and my time, and will lead nowhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 28, 2022 May 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not concerned with your opinion.  Since others will likely read this thread after doing a search, it's important that the facts are clearly stated for them: Adobe only supports the current version of Lightroom Classic.  The license agreement (buried in the application's folders), says:

"5. Updates. ... you acknowledge that any obligation Adobe may have to support the previous version(s) may be ended upon the availability of the upgrade or update."

And as quoted above, this is clearly stated on the web site:

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/supported-versions.html 

"Security and bug fixes are only provided for the current version."

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/system-requirements.html

"macOS Catalina (version 10.15) or later"

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 31, 2022 May 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I fully realize that I stepped on proud people's toes in the "P: Lightroom Classic: FTP Upload broken after update"-thread (this title contains the main issue I have with the software too), but that thread has now become un-reply-to-able, so I can't respond to them there. Well, I'm not very interested in a debate about that in itself anyway, but rather I want to continue my protest against the idea, that once Adobe's declared end of support for a piece of software, they can just leave subscribers hanging - at full price!! That's just not good enough.

So, Adobe! If you decide to leave paying customers hanging with faulty software, that's absolutely your choice and right. But you can't charge the same for a faulty program, when you just decide to abandon it for whatever reason you may have. How is it fair that I have to pay the same for my subscription to a faulty unsupported software, as someone subscribing to a fully functional - or at least supported, if it's not - program? I continue to pay full price every month, but now I'm just not getting the service that I subscribed to in the first place. I'm paying full price for software that you don't even consider worth your while, thus effectively rendering it obsolete - at the "fully supported" price.

What I'm saying is, either fix the software or give a fair reduction in it's price.

And I can't just upgrade to a newer OS, no matter how much of a no-brainer that might appear to be for some people here. I'm depending on other software and hardware too.

I have to use alternative methods to do what I was originally subscribing to this program to (also) be able to do.

Now, if no one here has the authority to do something about this, where do I direct my critisism?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a user to user forum so everybody else (including me) is simply here to help out other users in this community. The Adobe folks that are here are generally not in a position to change the policies that were posted in the other thread so arguing with them on this forum is unfortunately not going to help. If you feel strongly about this, I would suggest contacting somebody in Adobe leadership directly or use social media tagging adobe and adobe folks in charge of Lightroom. No guarantee that will get any traction either though - just being realistic.

One caution that reading through the other thread triggered in me and caused me to react here: Apple itself doesn't support Mojave anymore. The last security update for Mojave was released in July of 2021 (https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201222). This means that Mojave is not patched for several really bad vulnerabilities that were discovered since then including one that can lead to your computer getting hacked by simply showing an image (read a simple jpeg on the web) with a malicious payload attached! This vulnerability is actively exploited on the internet and very dangerous. Except if your computer doesn't support it, I would strongly suggest not running Mojave anymore if you can help it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From Adobe (community forums):
"Currently, the community on community.adobe.com is used as a destination for customers to ask questions and engage in peer-to-peer conversations. IOW, this is a user to user support forum. The Adobe Support Community is a place to ask questions, find answers, learn from experts, and share your knowledge. Because we are a community used by people of all ages, cultures, and people at work, we carefully moderate its content".

If you have problems or need answers from other users who volunteer their time to help, do so in a discussion topic and message body, whereby you post specifics (what's the problem or issue, or the question) and provide some information about your operating system, version of the software you're asking about and steps to illustrate your problem.

If you want Adobe to be viewing what you post, there are two ways based on what you are hoping to report:

If you wish to report what you believe is a bug, you so by following these guidelines:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-bugs/how-do-i-write-a-bug-report/idc-p/12932310#M...

If you wish to provide a feature request, you do so by following these guidelines (then make a request in the product forum):
https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-ideas/how-do-i-write-a-feature-request/idi-p/123863...

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no pride.  I also have no interest in debating about why old products must be sent to pasture to make room for new & improved ones except to say that this is nothing new.  And complaining about it will have zero impact.

Put your energy into an exit strategy from dependence on old equipment & software. When it's done, you'll never look back on this as anything more than a temporary blip.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 01, 2022 Jun 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know who, but a moderator misunderstanding my post has merged it into a thread (P: Lightroom Classic: FTP Upload broken after update), which I already wrote, I couldn't reply in. I still can't reply, so what good does that do?

Apart from not being able to reply in that thread, I specifically separated my post from that in order to keep the discussion separate. So why fiddle with it like this. The "original" topic was representing the same issue I have with the software itself, but it's implications is a separate matter.

Unmismoderate it, please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 01, 2022 Jun 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't know who, but a moderator misunderstanding my post has merged it into a thread (P: Lightroom Classic: FTP Upload broken after update), which I already wrote, I couldn't reply in. I still can't reply, so what good does that do?

Apart from not being able to reply in that thread, I specifically separated my post from that in order to keep the discussion separate. So why fiddle with it like this. The "original" topic was representing the same issue I have with the software itself, but it's implications is a separate matter.

Unmismoderate it, please.

See:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/using-the-community-discussions/adobe-support-community-guidelines/td...

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate