• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Linear (non-standard) profile in LR Mobile

Engaged ,
Sep 20, 2021 Sep 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been, successfully, trying out linear profiles in LRC. They are very helpful for certain images. The problem is, when the image is posted to LR Mobile.

First, while reviewing the images, I get a pop up message that editing in Mobile will lose settings as it is not a standard profile. That would be ok, as I was just using LRM to display the images. The problem is, the image is not rendered as it was with the original linear profile…it is much brighter and washed out as if another profile (tone curve) had been used.

I had a mix of ‘Adobe Neutral’ and linear profile images. The ‘AN’ images rendered as shown on LRC, the linear were washed out.

LRC 10.4, Win 10
Is this a bug or ‘as designed’?

Bug Investigating
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 27, 2021 Sep 27, 2021

Change status

Status Investigating

Votes

Translate

Translate
67 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 27, 2021 Sep 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Change status

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products
Status Investigating

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Sep 27, 2021 Sep 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rikk!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 05, 2021 Oct 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone found a fix for this yet? I am having exactly the same issue.

For me it is only happening with DNGs from a specific camera (DJI Mavic 2 Pro). Exactly the same issue: previews of edited photos render perfectly fine in Lightroom Classic, but when synced to Lightroom CC or Lightroom mobile, display with a weird magenta cast.

The only way to 'fix' the preview is to tweak the photo in the develop module (any small tweak will pull up the correct colours). However if a change is made again to the photo in Lightroom Classic, the previews revert back to their off-colour appearance in CC and mobile. 

It's an incredibly frustrating bug!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 05, 2021 Oct 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Engineering has acknowledged the issue and created an internal bug report. I sent them an email two weeks ago with the following updated information.

A new issue was just discovered at the below LrC bug report with LR Mobile. The OP is using a custom camera profile (i.e. linear tone curve) that causes the image to be incorrectly rendered in LR Mobile. It was verified that the custom camera profile is properly ingested into the LR Ecosystem and the rendering issue is present in LR Desktop, Mobile, and Web apps.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-bugs/linear-non-standard-profile-in-lr-mobile/idi-p...

The root cause appears to be that the Adobe Standard camera profile is being substituted despite it showing in the profile selector of all three LR Ecosystem apps (LR Desktop, Mobile, and Web). These are image files synced from a LrC collection. The OP is using an Apple iPad and I’m using an Android Samsung Note Pro tablet and the issue is present in both devices. Applying an edit to the image file causes the custom camera profile to be properly used, but only in that specific app. It must be done separately in all three apps for proper preview rendering. This should not be necessary!

For a summary of the issue in this post you can jump to my last reply at the below thread link.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-bugs/linear-non-standard-profile-in-lr-mobile/idc-p...

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 06, 2021 Oct 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks for this Todd and I hope we will see fix soon.

As noted by you, I am only having the issue on a certain combination of camera profile and camera (in this case my Mavic 2 drone shots). The same preset and camera profile applied to a Sony shot does not create the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 20, 2021 Oct 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working with a number of non-standard LR profiles and have the same issue(s).

There are in fact two issues:

1. Getting profiles synced from LRCC Desktop to LR Mobile. Sometimes it works straight away, sometimes I have to re-install LRCC Desktop to get the new profiles to sync (workaround found on one of the forums here). This is annoying but not a big deal since I only add new profiles every so often.

2. Previews for photos edited in LR Classic are not applying correct profiles in LR Mobile and Web but use Adobe standard(?) for rendering. This is a very annoying problem and the workaround of going through all your images edited in LR Classic and making slight corrections in LRCC is not accecptable. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 20, 2021 Oct 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue on a number of profiles and cameras, and I also use Negative Lab Pro for negatives coversion. Glad to see this issue being actively discussed and hoping it will be addressed soon!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FWIW the latest release that just landed still has the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using NLP and have the same annoying issue here.   Adobe team:  If you're going to position a seamless cloud syncing solution.. please make sure it actually works... amazing that 2 years later, this issue still exists. Let's please get this fixed!  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Mar 06, 2022 Mar 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a similar problem. Everything looks good in LR Classic, but terrible in LRCC. So I imported the profiles into LRCC. That solved the problem there, but images in LR mobile and via web sharing both look awful, completely unacceptable. Based on this thread and others I've looked at, I don't see a solution. The profile is present and being used in LRCC, but mobile doesn't get the message, nor does web sharing. Does anybody have a solution? I've tried un-sharing, creating smart previews, etc., and have had no luck. Thanks in advance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Mar 06, 2022 Mar 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. Using Negative Lab Pro for scanning. Everything works fine in LR Classic. Images looked terrible in LR CC -- dark and very green -- not subtle at all. After a lot of reading, I figured out how to find the NLP profiles and import them into LRCC. That worked in CC, but it doesn't have any effect, it seems, on Lightroom Mobile (ipad) or on web sharing. Images with custom profiles look like crap on both -- in grid view and blown up.

Does anybody have a suggestion? I've tried un-syncing, removing images from All Shared and building smart previews. Nothing has worked so far.

Thanks in advance -- 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
May 02, 2022 May 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Threads on this issue go back way to far for Adobe to have not yet addressed it.  

I am at the point where, if my image is "finished" in LrC with a linear profile (i.e. not, further processed as a Photoshop PSD or TIF), then I flag it "yellow" and know that whenEVER I sync LrC with the cloud, all of my yellow images will have to have, for example, Texture increased by +1 to make the images look correct in the cloud (especially Adobe Portfolio).  If I sync again, even if the yellow images are not deliberately changed, they will look wrong again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Threads on this issue go back way to far for Adobe to have not yet addressed it.  

I am at the point where, if my image is "finished" in LrC with a linear profile (i.e. not, further processed as a Photoshop PSD or TIF), then I flag it "yellow" and know that whenEVER I sync LrC with the cloud, all of my yellow images will have to have, for example, Texture increased by +1 to make the images look correct in the cloud (especially Adobe Portfolio).  If I sync again, even if the yellow images are not deliberately changed, they will look wrong again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have given up on using Adobe's cloud from LRC.  Too many problems and constraints.  I have gone to Smugmug with their publish plug-in.  Works great and more reliably.  If I revise and image, i just allow the plug-in to republish.

today, I only use Adobe cloud (mobile) to get iPhone/iPad images into LRC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
May 03, 2022 May 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hear you.  In my case, I am using Adobe Portfolio (because it is included in my subscription), but I might have to go to a third party if this never gets addressed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Sep 23, 2022 Sep 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made custom profiles for my infrared images. They do not sync to ipad and iphone lightroom. Please enable lightroom to sync custom made profiles! I use them a lot to show images!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Jul 15, 2023 Jul 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We need this to be fixed asap. 70% of my images are negative scans converted using Negative Lab Pro profiles, and the rest has applied RNI and Cobalt-Image profiles. None of my photos are showing correctly in Lightroom CC. I'd like to use it on my iPad Pro for years, but until this major bug is fixed, it's pretty much useless to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate