• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Locks up on MacOS X 10.11.3

Community Expert ,
Jan 27, 2016 Jan 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom CC 2015.4 locks up on my iMac running MacOS X 10.11.3. I had to force quit the application. I've tried several solutions, like uninstalling and then installing the stand-alone installer and the 6.4 updater, and uninstalling and installing LR CC2015.4 from the CC app, but nothing seems to work. The update runs fine on my MacBook Air with MacOS X 10.11.2, so I wonder if it's the combination of both updates that causes the problem.

-- Johan W. Elzenga
Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 17, 2016 Feb 17, 2016
Johan, please take a look at this note to see if it helps in your case, https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/kb/lightroom-cc-2015-4-lightroom-6-4-crashes-on-launch.html.

If you're not sure on how to change the permissions of a folder and its enclosed items, check out this Apple help doc

https://support.apple.com/kb/PH21997?locale=en_US&viewlocale=en_US

Votes

Translate

Translate
19 Comments
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At what point is it locking up? Launch? Switching to Develop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shortly after launch. I'm still in grid mode, I select an image, select another one, hang. I've saved a Console hang report. Let me know if you want me to send it somewhere, or I can publish a link where you can download it.
-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, please do share the report.

Also, could you let me know the details about the Graphics card on your Mac?

Can you try disabling the GPU as suggested here https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/kb/... , and let me know if you still see the hang?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jan 28, 2016 Jan 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My GPU is a NDIVIA GeForce GT 650M, but GPU acceleration has been turned off all this time already, because I find it slows down spot healing considerably. Other things I've already tried are using a different catalog, and disabling all third party plug-ins. Doesn't help either.

Here's the log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/bykzjmd2r6z...
-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jan 28, 2016 Jan 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And of course I also tried deleting the preferences file in user/library/preferences/. Doesn't solve the problem either.
-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jan 29, 2016 Jan 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any news? I believe there is another report about the same problem... BTW, Lightroom CC2015.3 runs fine on the same system, so it isn't a problem of permissions of folders that Lightroom uses.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That looks like it is waiting on an OS routine to return -- which might indicate a problem with your disk.
The Lightroom team might be able to narrow down the problem further once they can resolve the function names from the stack.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. One thing I have tried in the meantime is logging into the same machine using a different account. Lightroom does work on that account as far as I can see. Of course I could only test it by creating a new library, but that worked and I could import some images. I also checked the disk with Disk Utility, which didn't report any errors. My Mac has a Fusion drive however, so perhaps Lightroom uses the SSD part with my main user account (because I use it every day) and not when logged in as another user (because that is a 'test' account that I normally don't use).
-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Feb 01, 2016 Feb 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any news? I'm perfectly happy with reformatting my hard disk and restoring it with a Time Machine backup, but only if there's a real chance that this solves the problem...
-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue but if you leave Lightroom for 3-5 minutes – spinner disappears and everything works fine. Anyway, I hope to find an appropriate fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting. I've never waited that long, but I'll give it a try.
-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, indeed! It took a few minutes, but now Lightroom is running again. Obviously this is something that needs to be resolved, but it is 'workable' for the time being.
-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 17, 2016 Feb 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Johan,

Could you please post the hang log again..the old link : https://www.dropbox.com/s/bykzjmd2r6za9mn/AdobeLightroom_2016-01-27-222015_iMac.hang?dl=0 is not working anymore.

Regards,
Avinash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, it's up again.
-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Johan, please take a look at this note to see if it helps in your case, https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/kb/lightroom-cc-2015-4-lightroom-6-4-crashes-on-launch.html.

If you're not sure on how to change the permissions of a folder and its enclosed items, check out this Apple help doc

https://support.apple.com/kb/PH21997?locale=en_US&viewlocale=en_US

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Feb 18, 2016 Feb 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, that isn't the problem. All these folders already have read & write permissions.
-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Johan, I tried this an hour ago and now my Lightroom works fine. However, there is a catch, you need to click on 'Apply to enclosed items...'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that seems to solve it! Thanks, guys.
-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Glad that it helped :-).

Votes

Translate