• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: LR5.2 flickr publish causes all photo collections to only show the flickr set being published

Community Beginner ,
Sep 20, 2013 Sep 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just updated Lightroom to 5.2. When I publish photos to flickr, then click back to a different collection, the photos shown in the grid are photos from the flickr set being published instead. This happens every time I publish to flickr. Occasionally, photos in other collections disappear instead, once I begin publishing.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 08, 2013 Nov 08, 2013
Hi All,

This issue has been fixed in the Lightroom 5.3 Public RC, which can be downloaded here:

http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/li...

If the 5.3 Public RC does not fix the issue for you, please let me know.

Thanks,
Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate
84 Comments
LEGEND ,
Oct 18, 2013 Oct 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that the only change I made to preferences after reseting preferences and until it stopped working again was adding capture timestamp to the grid view.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Oct 18, 2013 Oct 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ken and others,

We have some ideas about what might be causing the problem, so at the moment I'd say it's not worth effort on your part to try to track down the specific cause (though if you happen to discover something, don't hesitate to let me know!). I'll update this thread when I have more info.

Thanks,
Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 21, 2013 Oct 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MacBook Pro running OSX 10.8.4 and using Lightroom 5.2

Images in the main area of lightroom Library are not changing when I click on different albums in a publish service. Going from Publish Services to Collections or Folders doesn't change the displayed photos as would be expected

Also clicking between photos in the Publish Services folders in the Library doesn't update the metadata and keywords in the right hand panel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you... clearly it's an issue....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

We are putting in a fix for this. In the meantime, if you want to avoid this problem, throw out your preferences, and then don't collapse any of the separate grid sections in a published collection (e.g., Published Photos, New Photos to Publish, etc.).

Thanks,
Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 25, 2013 Oct 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was good news. However, I would like to keep my preferences. Is there any way to tell us what in our existing preferences that are causing the problem so that we can remove just that part?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

If you are viewing this feed and having problems with the Publish Collection bug that is described above but don't want to have to reset your preferences, there IS another solution (actually two solutions):

As Benjamin mentioned above, the bug seems to be caused by the collapse of the Grid Sections (the sections within the grid view) of the Publish Collection. A simple (although not quite so simple) solution is to UN-COLLAPSE (expand) the grid sections. This WILL solve the problem (temporarily, until Adobe comes up with a permanent fix). However, this simple solution may not be quite as simple as it sounds. What can make this simple solution a little more tricky is that there are actually 4 "sections" within a Publish Collection, and if your Publish Collection is updated, only ONE of the sections will be visible: "Published Photos". If this is the only section that you have collapsed in the past, then you might be lucky and be able to simply UNCOLLAPSE this section and be back in business. If this doesn't work for you, then there is a good chance that one of the other Sections is also collapsed.

In order to check and make sure that ALL 4 sections are uncollapsed, you need to make the sections visible. The other 3 sections are, New Photos to Publish, Modified Photos to Update, and Deleted Photos. So an easy way to make these other sections visible is to:

1) Add a new photo to your publish collection. This will make the New Photos to Publish section visible.
2) Modify one of the Existing photos in your Publish Collection (by making a change to the photo in the Develop Module). This will make the Modified Photos to Update section visible.
3) Delete one of the photos that is already published in your Publish Collection (you may want to add/publish a new photo to your publish collection so that you don't have to delete a photo that you want to stay on your published service). By selecting one of the photos in the "Published Photos" section and then pressing the delete key, it will Mark the photo for deletion, and put it into the "Deleted Photos" section, making that section visible.

When you make each section visible, just make sure that the section is UN-COLLAPSED (expanded) so that you can see the grid thumbnail(s). Once you have confirmed that all 4 sections are expanded, you should be back in business.

(I didn't test every possible combination to see if maybe it was only one of the sections that was causing the problem - I just know that expanding them all will solve the problem for now. The reason why resetting your preferences works is because the default preference is for all of the sections to be expanded).

Following the above steps to make all 4 sections of the Publish Collection grid may take a little bit of patience and effort - especially since it can be difficult to select a NEW photo if you are already in the Publish Collection. So you may have to click on one of your folders, close Lightroom, and then relaunch the catalog in order to select the new photos and modify one of the existing photos.

If you find this process difficult and still can't get your catalog to work correctly, there is one more option that is actually even easier - as long as you are comfortable tweaking the XML preferences file.

Go to your preferences folder (the path to your preferences file on a Mac is listed in the thread above). I then recommend that you copy and back up your preferences file to another location, just in case you have problems. After you have backed up your preference file, open it up in a text editor, and do a search for this string:

AgLibrary_gridSection1_Expanded

What you are looking for is a section of code that looks like this:

AgLibrary_gridSection2_Expanded

AgLibrary_gridSection3_Expanded

AgLibrary_gridSection4_Expanded

AgLibrary_gridSection5_Expanded

AgLibrary_gridSection6_Expanded

Section 1, 2, 3, and 4 are the ones that correspond to the 4 sections in your publish collection, and ALL 4 properties should be set to . If ANY of the properties are (as in my example above) you need to change those properties to .

THAT IS IT!

Save save the file and re-launch Lightroom, and you should be back in business.

I have tested this on my own preferences file, and it solved the problem for me, AND, I did not have to loose all of my preferences.

If you choose to edit your preferences file, please be careful. As long as you are careful to only change the to , you should be just fine. If you are comfortable with doing this, it is MUCH easier than trying to expand the sections within Lightroom.

Hopefully Adobe will have a permanent fix to this problem soon. But in the mean time, as long as you keep the sections in your Publish Collection EXPANDED (UN-COLLAPSED), this seems to provide a fix to all of the problems that we have all been having.

I have been working with my catalogs for a couple of days now without problem, so I am pretty confident that one of these solutions should work for everyone else too.

Best of Luck!
Ken

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OOPS! The XML code that I attempted to paste in my comment above did not show up in the post (it must have got parsed as HTML). So please read this if you are attempting to edit your preferences file directly.

Remember that the specific preferences file that you are looking for in your preferences folder is [com.adobe.Lightroom5.plist].

When you open up your preferences file in a text editor, there could be anywhere from 500+ lines of code to over 1,500+ lines of code, depending on your specific preferences, so doing a Search will help you find the code that you need to change.

As I mentioned above, you will want to search for the string:

The section of code that you are looking for looks like this (please note, I have changed the Less Than () symbols for curly brackets { } because using the actual characters caused the XML code to be hidden in the post and I don't know if this comment area will recognize the CODE block.):

{key}AgLibrary_gridSection1_Expanded{/key}
{false/}
{key}AgLibrary_gridSection2_Expanded{/key}
{false/}
{key}AgLibrary_gridSection3_Expanded{/key}
{false/}
{key}AgLibrary_gridSection4_Expanded{/key}
{false/}
{key}AgLibrary_gridSection5_Expanded{/key}
{true/}
{key}AgLibrary_gridSection6_Expanded{/key}
{true/}

As I mentioned in the previous post, you need to make sure that ALL of the properties are set to "true". Also remember that all of the { } are actually < >.

Hopefully this posts correctly this time!

Ken

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a test to see if I can get the CODE tag to work:

<key>AgLibrary_gridSection1_Expanded</key>
<false/>
<key>AgLibrary_gridSection2_Expanded</key>
<false/>
<key>AgLibrary_gridSection3_Expanded</key>
<false/>
<key>AgLibrary_gridSection4_Expanded</key>
<false/>
<key>AgLibrary_gridSection5_Expanded</key>
<true/>
<key>AgLibrary_gridSection6_Expanded</key>
<true/>

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah! It works!

Okay. When you find the above code in your XML preferences file, you just want to change every instance of "false" to "true". It is only _gridSection1-4 that is related to the 4 sections in the Publish Collection, but to be safe, make sure that section 5 and 6 in the code above are also set to "true".

My apologies for the multiple posts here. I am still getting use to how this particular forum works.

Cheers,
Ken

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 04, 2013 Nov 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In LR5.2 on OSX:

In Library Mode
If I view a remote gallery in Publishing Services (like SmugMug)
and return to viewing my Folders in Grid mode
then all thumbnails in the Grid and Filmstrip do not update
and continue to display the Publish Service gallery I viewed.

I rebuilt a new catalog and the issue persists.

My only workaround so far is restarting LR after publishing anything.

The only unknown I haven't tested is that I am storing my actual image files in Dropbox.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 05, 2013 Nov 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
I've open my com.adobe.Lightroom5.plist and can succeed to fin the chain "AgLibrary_gridSection1_Expanded " et the 5 other one....

Bad news for myself....

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently moved my LR catalogue from Windows to OSX Mavericks. Since then I've found a problem with the library grid getting stuck and not showing the photos actually selected.

It seems to happen after having selected a hard disk smart publish collection I have that shows all the 5 star photos in the catalog. After that any folder or collection I select doesn't display in the grid or filmstrip, instead the same list of 5 star photos displays until I restart LR.

I tried deleting the publish collection and recreating it but it didn't help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After posting pictures in Facebook, Lightroom seems to use them afterwards on any navigation that is done in the folders / collections. I have noticed these issue a couple of times. To solve it I re-started LR. Please fix this bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 07, 2013 Nov 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can find a temporary solution to this in the threads above. You can either UN-collapse all of the panes in the grid view of your Publish Collections (i.e. Published Photos, New Photos to Publish, Modified Photos to Republish, Photos to Delete). This solution is not as easy as it sounds, because you have to make these panes visible in order to make sure they are UN-collapsed (read my solution above). The other easy temporary solution is to reset your preferences (this is the official solution), however you will loose all of your preferences. The other option to this is to edit your preferences (I've posted instructions above). You should only do this if you feel comfortable editing an XML file in a text editor, and if you use this option, you should always back up the file before editing.

Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can find a temporary solution to this in the threads above. You can either UN-collapse all of the panes in the grid view of your Publish Collections (i.e. Published Photos, New Photos to Publish, Modified Photos to Republish, Photos to Delete). This solution is not as easy as it sounds, because you have to make these panes visible in order to make sure they are UN-collapsed (read my solution above). The other easy temporary solution is to reset your preferences (this is the official solution), however you will loose all of your preferences. The other option to this is to edit your preferences (I've posted instructions above). You should only do this if you feel comfortable editing an XML file in a text editor, and if you use this option, you should always back up the file before editing.

Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Richard,

I can't tell from your comment if you are still having problems, but please note that in my original solution comment above that the XML code got parsed in the comment and did not show the code that needed to be changed. If you are still having problems, please read my subsequent posts that provide additional information on how to modify the XML code in your preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2013 Nov 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WHEN IS ADOBE COMING UP WITH AN OFFICIAL FIX ALREADYYYYYYY???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Spyro,

I'm not generally in the habit of replying to people who yell, but I'll make an exception for you. 😉 If the workarounds described above are unacceptable to you, you may download a public RC of Lightroom 5.3 from the Adobe Labs site right now:

This issue is fixed in the 5.3 public RC.

Thanks,
Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank's for your answer. I've edited the preferences file. But I can't succeed to find the chain "AgLibrary_gridSection1_Expanded " and the 5 other one" in this preference files. So the is still there because I can't force the argument of this chain (it's not in my preference files one more time).
Bonne soirée.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

This issue has been fixed in the Lightroom 5.3 Public RC, which can be downloaded here:

If the 5.3 Public RC does not fix the issue for you, please let me know.

Thanks,
Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 22, 2013 Nov 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.
Lightroom 5 CC. iMac 27" Mavericks OS. (Note: updated to LR5 as LR3 had the issue with Mavericks of the sliders all being white!)

Issue:
After looking at a Publish Services album and then choosing a local one afterwards (in the navigator pane on the left), the publish services photos stay in the viewer... the only way to get it back to normal and be able to look at my local albums is restart LR5...
Doesn't matter if I try the develop module either... still the PS photos..
Both my publish services (Flickr & Photobox) do the same... so I believe the issue is a LR5 issue...

Any help would be wonderful.. its very annoying.. this all worked flawlessly in LR3..

Thanks..
Luke

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was this not fixed in Lr5.3(RC)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. I replied to Luke on the original thread (and hopefully therefore by email notification too), with the link to 5.3RC, before merging the threads.

Votes

Translate

Translate