• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Main map window in Lightroom Classic CC 7.0 won't refresh

Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2017 Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When dragging photos to geotag them in the map module, it will work for a photo or two then nothing visible happens for subsequent photos. The map also does not respond to zooming, panning nor direct input of a place in the location filter/search box. However, the overview map top-left does respond. Further, if a photo is dragged to the main map, it does get geotagged, evidently based on what the main map window should be showing, based on the location shown in the overview.

This bug existed in the previous version as well - very dismayed that it is persisting in 7.0.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 02, 2017 Nov 02, 2017
Hi,

With the help of Ian's video, we were able to reproduce this issue and have logged a bug for the same.

Thanks,
Smit Keniya
Adobe Lightroom Classic CC

Votes

Translate

Translate
14 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 18, 2017 Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ian,

Which OS are you on? Also, could you record a video and share it to keniya@adobe.com?

Thanks,
Smit

Smit | Lightroom Classic Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Smit, I’m running Mac OS 10.13. I’ll see if I can record a video this evening.

Thanks,
Ian

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Refreshing the main window stops when the zoomlevel is higher than about 80% 
Im working also with MacOS 10.13.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 21, 2017 Oct 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Please fix as this makes maps unusable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Oct 21, 2017 Oct 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. Working on macOS 10.13 iMac 4,2 i7 late 2017 with 40 GB memory.
Also when you select one after another photo with GPS data the map doesn't follow to the new location.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 02, 2017 Nov 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

With the help of Ian's video, we were able to reproduce this issue and have logged a bug for the same.

Thanks,
Smit Keniya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2017 Nov 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here and it looks like I will lose a good client and a well payed job thanks to Adobe/Lightroom! This client needs all the photos that they licensed to be Geo Tagged. However I'm unable to complete the job. I agreed to Geo Tag all images and I charged for this work, because I have done this many times in Lightroom in the past. However, this week I was faced with this bug. And I spent days troubleshooting. That's what led me to this post. Now I know that this is a known bug. Lost time, lost money, lost job, lost client, lost credibility! Thanks a lot, Adobe. This is mission critical software for my (and many other) businesses. It's not a joke (or is it?!). I'm a paying customer with a Team membership since 2012. Ever more dissapointed over the last years...

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I thought it was a glitch with how it was connecting with Google Maps, but I'm still seeing a problem. One thing that I'm noticing now in LR Classic is that it takes a few seconds for the image GPS data points to load when you open the Map Module (as noted by the progress bar). That never happened in previous versions of LR, it was instantaneous (and I never even saw a progress bar as the data points were being loaded). Now it seems to randomly hang when selecting among my various images. The problem seems intermittent.

Glad you are able to reproduce the issue; looking forward to seeing it fixed.

LR Classic, Mac OS 10.13.1, iMac late 2012, 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7, 32 GB, NVIDIA 680MX 2 GB.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Workaround is to use Houdah Geo for the geotagging. Write the metadata to the files in Lightroom, Geotag them in Houdah Geo, write the metadata, then open them in Lightroom and read the metadata from the files. Not as efficient though and Adobe should be giving out Houdah Geo thanks to their bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 11, 2017 Nov 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same Problem here. My photos are read in with coordinates. Graphics processor on or off does not matter.
iMac Retina 5k, 16GB, AMD Radeon R9 M290X 2GB, macOS High Siera 10.13.1
See the Video here.
https://goo.gl/Ei6QPQ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Dec 07, 2017 Dec 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Please try with macOS High Sierra 10.13.2. We are not able to reproduce the issue on 10.13.2.

Thanks,
Smit
Lightroom Classic CC Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like the problem is solved. I'm also not able to reproduce it anymore. Great!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for confirming!

Votes

Translate

Translate