Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

P: Map module drops pin in wrong place

0 Votes
Explorer ,
Sep 03, 2021 Sep 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I drag thumbnails from the filmstrip to the map, Lightroom places the pin to the right and down. On my 4K monitor that's about one inch right, a quarter inch down. It takes me a few hit-and-misses to get the pin placed correctly. When I copy the GPS coordinates from an image's metadata and use these in Google Maps, this shows up in the same place as the Map module's pin.
I run LR Classic CC latest version 10.4 on Windows 10 Pro latest version, Nvidia Geforce Studio driver latest version, and I use a wired mouse that functions fine.

Any suggestions for overcoming this issue, other than the trusted hit-and-miss work-around?

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
1 Comment
LEGEND ,
Sep 03, 2021 Sep 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is a longstanding bug in LR Windows:

https://feedback-readonly.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/lightroom-classic-mapping-er... 

See the Accepted Solution in that thread for two workarounds.

When that bug report gets copied into the new consolidated forum, your report should get merged into it. If Adobe ever fixes the bug (unlikely), you'd get notified.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines