• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Metadata issues with video files on M1 Macs

LEGEND ,
Aug 01, 2021 Aug 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today I noticed Lightroom Classic was displaying incorrect metadata for recent imported videos (taken with iPhone X). My older videos have correct metadata, so what changed? Appears to be an issue specific to M1 Macs.

Here is what I found...

On M1 Mac Mini:

1. Get info in Finder for MOV files shows the expected metadata. Created date/time is correct, and other details such as latitude longitude are displayed.

2. When I import these files into Lightroom, the metadata for capture date/time is incorrect. Lightroom displays the date/time the video was imported into Lightroom for capture date/time, which is clearly not when the video was captured. The GPS box is blank and no camera info is displayed.

On Intel Mac:

My Lightroom catalog and masters are on an external drive, so I connected to an Intel MacBook. I imported the exact same MOV file. This time, Lightroom displays the correct capture date/time (matches the created date/time as seen in Finder). The GPS box pulls in correct location coordinates and camera model displays iPhone X.

Adobe, can you please address this in your next Lightroom Classic release?

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 07, 2022 Feb 07, 2022

Updates to the Adobe Photography Products were released today and contain a fix for this issue. Please install the update via your Creative Cloud Desktop App or your respective App Store. 

Note: 

You may need to refresh the Creative Cloud App for desktop software to show an update available.  ([Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+ [ R ])

For Mobile downloads, it may take several days for the update to appear in your respective App Stores.

Thank you for your patience. 

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 106 Replies 106
106 Comments
Mentor ,
Feb 23, 2022 Feb 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Rikk Flohr: Photography Here's a screenshot of the time difference with .mp4 files coming from a Osmo Action. Classic is +5 hours off.
And to make this even more confusing, it appears that MacOS 12.2 is off by +3 hours as well. So, for a video i just tested with at 11:15am, the Finder shows 2:15 pm and Classic shows 7:15pm. And yes, the time is set correctly in the camera.
Untitled-2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 23, 2022 Feb 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Here's a screenshot of the time difference with .mp4 files coming from a Osmo Action. ... So, for a video i just tested with at 11:15am, ... Classic shows 7:15pm."

This sounds like the longstanding issue with capture dates in Quicktime video:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-bugs/p-video-capture-time-shifted-by-time-zone-offs... 

Are you in time zone UTC - 8 (PST)?  Attach a short sample .mp4 here and I can verify.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 27, 2022 May 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Rikk Flohr: Photography  Even with the latest version of Lightroom Classic I am still experiencing issues with metadata for videos imported on M1 Macs. What information can I provide to help your team troubleshoot?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 28, 2022 May 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BTW: I was the original poster who reported this issue back in Aug 2021. The community migration unlinked the post from my user account. I have seen slight metadata improvements in subsequent releases, but the bulk of the issue remains.

When importing directly from iPhone on M1 Pro Mac...

Standard Videos display the following:

Date Time Original: [blank]

Date Time Digitized: Correct date/time displayed

Date Time: Date the file was imported into Lightroom

GPS: Correct coordinates displayed

Model: Correct model displayed

Videos from Live Photos display the following:

Date Time Original: [blank]

Date Time Digitized: Date/time appears to be off by the amount of my UTC offset

Date Time: Displays the date the file was imported into Lightroom

GPS: [blank]

Model: [blank]

With the new version of Lightroom CC, importing via an Intel Mac is no longer a reliable workaround. On some files it imports correct metadata and others it now exhibits the same issues as the M1 Mac described above. I will gladly provide annotated screen shots or anything else that will help to resolve this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 09, 2022 Jul 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I took the time to jump through all the support hoops with Adobe's support team. They google my issue, point to this thread and say a fix was released. I tell them there are still issues. Of course they doubt me. After multiple days of troubleshooting, they finally are able to verify the issue with the engineering team. At some point the bug might get fixed, though they closed my support ticket so clearly I won't hear about it. @Rikk Flohr: Photography , would love your assistance or comments for those of us following this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jul 09, 2022 Jul 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Providing a couple of sample videos would go a long way towards ensuring a bug report with a recipe that Adobe can easily reproduce.  Upload them to Dropbox, Google Drive, or similar and post the sharing link here.  

Also, by "importing directly from iPhone on M1 Pro Mac", do you mean you've attached the phone to the Mac with a USB cable?

Votes

Translate

Translate