• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Network shares are not shown in the Source or Destination file tree on the Import Dialog (Lion)

LEGEND ,
Jul 22, 2011 Jul 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use LR3 and have just upgraded to OS X Lion. When importing images from CF card, server mounted volumes are not displayed as an import destination. Drives are mounted and are visible when in the Library module, but not visible when importing. This was not the case under Snow Leopard.

I can import the images to a locally attached drive then drag to the network volume in Library, but this requires adequate space on local drive and takes time to carry out the process.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Oct 03, 2011 Oct 03, 2011
This issue has been fixed in LR 3.5. You can download the update by choosing Help > Check For Updates from within Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate
8 Comments
LEGEND ,
Jul 24, 2011 Jul 24, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I have the same problem. Previously I stored all my pics on a network drive and now, after upgrading to Lion, Lightroom refuses to provide the AFP volume in the main library window or the import dialog. It will however retrieve images that previously existed in the catalog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom 3.4.1 after installing OS X Lion my network shares are not shown in the Source or Destination file tree on the Import Dialog

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In process with having a Lightroom team member in here to help determine a root cause. Thanks for your patience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jul 25, 2011 Jul 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're looking into this. Here is a workaround:

When in the import dialog, click on the "Select a Source" menu in the upper left (just above the Source panel). Choose "Other Source" and navigate to the desired folder on your network volume. Note that the volume will still not display in the Sources panel, but you will see the thumbnails for your images and they will import properly.

Similarly, you can navigate to a network volume for destination by clicking the Destination menu (upper right, above the File Handling panel) and selecting, "Other Destination".

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response and the workaround. Also found when importing, if I want to import to a new folder, I can right click on destination, select new folder, then navigate to network volume, so not end of the world, but a little inelegant. Look forward to seeing the update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue. I did notice that there is a funny blue highlight around the source and destination drive icons.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Aug 09, 2011 Aug 09, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FWIW, we've got the issue and workaround documented in our knowledgebase: Network volumes don't display in Import dialog box after installing Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion) with Lightr....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Oct 03, 2011 Oct 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
This issue has been fixed in LR 3.5. You can download the update by choosing Help > Check For Updates from within Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate