• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: 'No photo selected.' text shown when going into Full Screen Preview mode from the Develop module

Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2014 Apr 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When going into Full Screen Preview mode by pressing 'F' from the Develop module the text 'No photo selected.' is shown when an adjustment has been made. Undo the the adjustment and press 'F' again. The 'No photo selected.' text is shown again.

Tap the 'G' key to go back to the grid view in the Library module.
Tap the 'D' key to go to the Develop module.
Tap the 'F' key to go to 'Full Screen Preview' mode. No text is shown this time.

Was happening in Lightroom 5.3 and in 5.4 too. I don't know if this was the case for previous versions. Running on Mac OS X.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 18, 2014 Jun 18, 2014
This is fixed in Lightroom 5.5, which is now available.

Thanks,
Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate
14 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 09, 2014 Apr 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jacco. I am able to reproduce this issue. I'll file a bug and we'll get it fixed for the next release.

- Kelly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 18, 2014 Jun 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is fixed in Lightroom 5.5, which is now available.

Thanks,
Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jul 09, 2014 Jul 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Ben, Kelly. I can confirm that the text 'No photo selected.' is no longer shown, but for some reason it has been replaced by the text 'Loading'.

It will show that text briefly in case an adjustment has been made. If this was the first time only after the adjustment was done I could understand the reason ( me guessing it needs to render the the image with the new changes), but it keeps showing the 'Loading' text even when no further adjustments are made.

The scenarios as described in my first post are applicable too.

Thanks, Jacco

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Aug 01, 2014 Aug 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still getting this in 5.6! Always happens in the middle of an edit. Non stop sometimes. Only happens to images that are also synced with Lightroom Mobile.

Edit:
Work around#
If I use Develop on the image selected from the Collection synced with Mobile it keeps having the issue. BUT, if I select the SAME image from "All Photos" it doesn't happen. Annoying but at least usable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still in 5.6(PC)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@JACCO - a "Loading" bezel will be displayed if the negative is still loading. This was part of the fix for the initial bug and is expected behavior.

@Warren - Can you please provide more information? What do you mean by "Always happens in the middle of an edit. Non stop sometimes."? Also - on which OS are you seeing issues?

Thanks,
Kelly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kelly, I'm fine if this is expected behavior, but I want to understand what you mean with a 'Loading' bezel.

When I go full screen from the Library module and it is needed to load the negative I see a 'Loading' message at the bottom of the image. The background is black, the text white and in front of the text is a spinning circle.

When I go full screen from the Develop module that 'Loading' text is not showing. I assume the reason is that the negative has been loaded to be able to work in the Develop module. But when an adjustment has been made and I go full screen then I see the 'Loading' text in the center of the image for a short moment. If that is to load the negative + the adjustment I still understand that it happens, although I would expect the same 'Loading' text with the black background at the bottom of the image as the one used from the Library module.

Now that the negative + adjustment has been loaded and I switch back and forth between full screen preview and normal screen that same 'Loading' text keeps appearing in the center of the image.

The best way to see the 'Loading' text is to do a B/W adjustment and then use F.

If there are technical reasons to show that text it is fine with me. As far as I know there is no other impact. But why showing a message for such a very short time that it is almost impossible to see and read if the process is not repeated a few times? The purpose seems not to be to give feedback to the user.

Thanks,
Jacco

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kelly,

I am using Lightroom 5.6 on Windows 7 Home. This only happens when I hit Develop on the image while in the Collection I have synced to mobile, if I navigate to the library folder where the photo actually is, there is no problem.
While in develop, while I'm "editing", every minute or so the image disappears and the text "no photo selected" appears. At this same time I notice there is 1 sync error in the mobile sync error folder on the left. I then need to click around to refresh the page and then my photo comes back. Usually losing my last changes. I believe that Lightroom is not waiting until I have finished editing before trying to sync and therefore confusing itself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info guys. I'll look into these issues and get them filed if I can reproduce them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Aug 04, 2014 Aug 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@JACCO - I can reproduce the issue you described and have filed it in our bug base to get it fixed. Thanks for the info.

@Warren - Still working on yours.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Aug 05, 2014 Aug 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@warren - Is there any other information that you can provide? I am unable to reproduce your issue using a single photo in a synced collection on Win 8.1. Aside from seeing the problem that Jacco described, everything else appears to be functioning as expected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, if I recall, I had recently been editing the photos on my ipad. My ipad has a better screen than my PC for colour. Is it possible that I had not shut the app and that it was still trying to sync? Maybe the ipad and lightroom were fighting each other. If so I would expect a dialog to warn of it instead of losing my work.
Later today I will try and make some screen shots if that will be of help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BTW I am using WIN 7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,