• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: No pressure sensitivity for Wacom Intuos Pro

LEGEND ,
Nov 28, 2019 Nov 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm using a new Wacom Intuos Pro with latest Firmware. According to Wacom's Diagnosis Tool the pressure sensitivity works fine from 0-100%.However, in LR I cannot use the pressure sensitivity as I'm always getting the full 100% (e.g. when using the adjustemnt brush). I know this was an issue in the past but should be solved by now.
I'm using Windows 10, latest release, on a high perfomance PC.

Does anyone have a clue where I need to search for a solution?
Without that feature the tablet is almost useless....

BTW: It's working in Photoshop without any problems...

Thanks!

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 11, 2022 Apr 11, 2022

Updates to the Adobe Photography Products were released today and contain a fix for this issue. Please install the update via your Creative Cloud Desktop App or your respective App Store. 

Note: 

You may need to refresh the Creative Cloud App for desktop software to show an update available.  ([Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+ [ R ])

For Mobile downloads, it may take several days for the update to appear in your respective App Stores.

Thank you for your patience. 

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
63 Comments
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2020 Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

*Lenka Anois I keep getting linked to this thread by adobe and wacom it doesn't seem to have solved everyone's problems.  I gave up after I found a partial work around for me. 

If I switch to a browser window and then get back by clicking on Lightroom anywhere except the title bar, I lose pressure sensitivity.  If I alt tab away and then return by clicking on the title bar, it comes back.  Go figure, worth a shot though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know of a graphics tablet that works with Lightroom CC on Windows 10? I have an Intuos Pro (m) (which doesn't work with Lightroom as you'd expect it to) and am thinking of swapping to an XP-Pen or Huion.

I'd just like to get the right one without having to go through the Wacom debacle again!

Thanks,

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 20, 2020 Dec 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Sliders unresponsive with Windows Ink ON. But I can't seem to get any pressure sensitivity with Ink ON or OFF.

CTL4100 (the smallest Wacom with 4 ExpressKeys at the top). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Dec 25, 2020 Dec 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same Problem for me. But even if I switch on Windows Ink, it doesn't work. It just seems to switch between 10 and 100% pressure, no smooth line possible. I am pretty confused, since I saw some Youtube videos that show how nice the pressure sensitivity works with Wacom in Lightroom.

And one more thing, when Windows Ink is enabled in Wacom, the right click button on the pen is not working anymore in Lightroom....or rather it behaves strange. Sometimes it shows the overlay, sometimes the context menu of the picture when I right click on a brush indicator in the photo.

I just tried Photoshop and pen pressure is only recognized when windows ink is on. Pen tilt doesn't work either way and I have a little Warning saying "Control by pen tilt requires the use of a tilt sensitive tablet". But I found the fix with the PSUserConfig and it works. Could we have such an option for Lightroom please?

I really have no mood to sort this out, guess I will return the Wacom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 28, 2020 Dec 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since Mr.Rikk has not been able to help anyone I will certainly try. I was having the same problem until I changed one Setting.

Wacom Tablet Properties>Pro Pen 2>Options>Pressure Compatibility

This adjusts the compatibility to work with applications that only support 1024 Pressure Levels. Hope that helps everyone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 03, 2021 Jan 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello and a Happy New Year to all,

for the reason this issue still remains at least on my Win10 PC and Wacom tablet, I'm wondering, if the adobe team is still working on it or it doesn't matter for them, because it has no prio them. What ever the answer would be, it is much better as the police of silence and stopping to communicate to the costumers.

Meanwhile a graphic tablet is an important piece in the worklow of a lot of professional and enthusiastic photographers, but a professional premium post processing software like LR isn't able to integrate it properly and keep the communication to their costumers. And especially this problem solving capabilties and costumer oriented behavior should make the difference and distinguish Adobe from the alternatives on the market.

Hello @Rikk, a year ago you reported, that you started an investigation with the LRC team about this topic. But up to now nothing was stated about the outcome of this analysis.

Please can you provide us an answer?

Best reagards

Matthias

Votes

Translate

Translate

Jan 04, 2021 Jan 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I opened a case with Wacom and Adobe.

Wacom states, that there is no problem and everything is working perfectly fine when they try it. It must be a problem with my computer according to them.

Adobe is apparently unable to reach me und my number, so I didn‘t get any response from them. In the initial chat with the support, they said it should work no matter if Windows Ink is on or off.

I have no idea what is going on here, but I never heard of anybody who got it to work beside Wacom support.

I returned my tablet and gonna wait until I hear of a fix for this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The badge at the top of this post indicates "Acknowledged" 

This thread explains what that means: https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/forum-usability-topics/how-to-reporting-bugs-problems/5... 

Note: "Generally, Adobe does not announce the dates of pending bug fixes until they are actually released. ETAs will not be normally be given. "

If engineering needs additional information they will request it via this thread.

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rikk,

thank you for coming back to us. Please, dont take me wrong, I am very grateful that we could hear from you again. If I understand it well, the "acknowledged" status means that you said to Wacom "there is a bug" but Adobe itself does not work on the bug fixing. And as mentioned below, Wacom does not recognize the problem as an eixsting bug. So... it seems to me, that we are left alone. Please, understand our desperation: we have invested quite some money in order to have a good quality equipment, both software and hardware and now it seems that both software and hardware provider just run away from the problem. I do not know whether the problem is on the side of Wacom or Adobe. What I know is that it does not work and it tarnishes the name of both companies. We have no negotation power with Wacom. If someone has it, its you and I believe that as a company providing profesional services you should insist on solving the issue . Could you, please, confirm us that the topic is indeed solved either on the side of Adobe or Wacom or that you, as a professional provider, will insist on solving the problem?

Thank you, Rikk.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I can add to this: I have years of images invested in lightroom... and because of the subscription model will have to keep paying for it if I want full access to them. 

If Adobe isn't on top of bugs in a timely manner, it starts feeling a lot like extortion.  If I could have payed you a few hundred dollars once, I'd have the option of shopping around when something I need doesn't work or works intermittently, and I'd have a lot less reason to be mad about this.  Once you've trapped customers in your ecosystem, you need to be more responsive and faster about bug fixes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Rikk ,

thanks a lot for your reply. But I'm not really happy with the status "Acknowledged" and would expect a switch to "in progress" after this long time.

Time ago Photoshop had the same issues, which is described in this Lightroom chat.
After Windows 10 optimized the pen drivers for the usage with touch-screens, also PS had the problem with a laggy pen, if "windows ink" is enabled and loss of pressure sensitivity, if "windows ink" in wacom settings was disabled.

So at this time the end-user had to choose, if he can tolerate a laggy pen with pressure sensitivity or a responsive pen without pressure sensitivity! Same like for Lightroom.

Then some clevers guys provide a solution by adding a PSUserConfig.txt file into the PS setting folder with one simple line of content!

"UseSystemStylus 0".

Jesus, after that the problem was solved for PS!, because it is somehow ignoring the windows setting for PS. The internet is full of documentation, how a user can conduct this simple chance by him/herself. Really great!!!

I'm questioning now:

1. This simple bug fix! Why it can not be developed for Lightroom. I hope somebody in the WWW can work on it, if Adobe can't!
  2. Why Adobe can not implement this chance in an update for PS and LR, so that manually manipulations of an user isn't necessary. Adobe should be able to do this like a Genie with a blink of an eye, just to make us to happy costumers;-) This is a performance feature, which separates Adobe premium applications from the rest of the marked!

Rikk, I hope you highlighted this notice of your "bug reporting procedure" by purpose into your recent post:

"Note: "Generally, Adobe does not announce the dates of pending bug fixes until they are actually released. ETAs will not be normally be given. ""

because I see it as a sign, that a future timely update will provide a solution.

To appeal to you and Adobe's honor, please give us this solution.

Don't get me wrong. You are making magic things with your software applications, but pressure sensitive pen support from Wacom tablets is still not possible in 2021?!?

😞 Hmm...

Sincerely yours

Matthias

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In-progress is a step below Acknowledged. You can read about Bug Status here. https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/forum-usability-topics/how-to-reporting-bugs-problems/5... 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 13, 2021 Feb 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't expect a fix soon for this issue.  It has been around in Photoshop for so decades and it barely fixed (the PSConfig text file which is just a workaround btw).  The only fix for me was to disable Windows Ink in the Wacom Properties and deal with the pain of having to switch the brush size manually.  Otherwise the lag make it just unusable  and useless (and no! it is not your hardware at fault, it Windows Ink feature creating those pauses)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This did not work for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also awaiting on a fix or workaround. Windows Ink off turns off pressure and tilt, half the reason I bought a tablet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunatelly, it did not work for me as well. But I appreciate you tryed, Alexander! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunatelly, this does not work for me. Thanky you for the tip anyway! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@jsburakoff Does not fix the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
May 07, 2021 May 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here too. In touch with adobe support team no solution as of today

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
May 07, 2021 May 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here too with exact problem with adjustment brush tool. In touch with adobe support team no solution as of today

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jul 04, 2021 Jul 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just bought a One by Wacom tablet and noticed the same "spotting" behavior in LR, but not in Camera RAW.

It seems to occur when fast brush strokes are applied or at the end of a stroke when lifting the pen. It seems that if there is a portion of a brush's path that isn't registered properly, LR fills in the blanks as full pressure.

One setting that helped somewhat was enabling "Let me use the pen as a mouse in some desktop apps" in Windows Ink settings. This ignores flick-style strokes in LR, so no brush is registered at all, but the spotting still occurs even in slower strokes upon lifting the pen or when it lags just a little.

I have tried with both GPU acceleration on or off and the behavior is the same.

Windows 10 64 Home Edition
i7 9750H
Nvidia 1660Ti 6GB RAM
16GB RAM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jul 04, 2021 Jul 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forgot to mention the Windows version, it's 20H2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2021 Oct 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Setting pressure levels to 1024 doesn't help for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This sort of helps by ignoring flick style strokes, but long lighter pressure strokes still have the random firm spots within for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the current status? I don't see "Acknowledged" or "In-Progress" but I do see "Investigating" which is not in your link.

Votes

Translate

Translate