• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Noise reduction effect not displayed in Develop mode

Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2017 Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Noise reduction effect not displayed in Develop mode when image is smaller than 1:1. Enlarged is ok, but when I set FIT or FILL, image displayed without noise reduction settings applied (I think so).

Bug Won't fix
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 108 Replies 108
108 Comments
Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2017 Nov 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not related to those drivers or to a certain driver update. Has happened to people on mac and on windows, and with very different gpus (radeon, gtx, etc.). There's people who has even tried installing 4 different drivers and still no luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also think Adobe people should officialy aknowledge this problem, and tell us if they're actually working on int. I can confirm everything you said in your post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It’s so frustrating, updates to the new cloud version went out yesterday but not to classic. Sign of things to come I guess...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So they confirm they’re working on it but no specifics on when... https://twitter.com/lukedyson/status/...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info Luke, we'll see if this is a priority for them or not...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Luke, don't worry, that was just a minor double-dot release to fix a crash bug. Classic actually got the same fix a couple of weeks earlier than CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have the problem with previews not being updated in the library module. The only solution I have found is to force a build of 1:1 previews. I'm certain this is a separate issue than the noise reduction bug. I've reported this as a different bug. It got merged into to this thread by the admins but I've reposted it. It would be helpful if you could add a a comment to the thread.
https://feedback.photoshop.com/photos...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A fix for this issue has been made for the next scheduled Lightroom update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's great news. Thanks for the update. What about the problem with previews not rendering properly in the library module?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>What about the problem with previews not rendering properly in the library module?
Could you help pointing to the thread that report the issue? Just want to be sure which one you are referring to?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a post on this bug. Kitty and I discovered it together. It happens consistently. If I make an edit in develop and then switch over to library, the preview doesn't render properly in library. Solid blue color in particular appears very pixelated. It only renders correctly if you force a rebuild of 1:1 the preview.
https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/lightroom-classic-library-preview-not-showing...

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, exactly. It happens almost every time (completely pixelated nad banded sky). In my case independent of GPU enabled or not.
Zooming into 1:1 waiting till "loading...." disappears and zooming out solves problem for currently viewed picture.

br,pawel

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Simon will this also fix the issue with noise reduction not being applied in the Library module when using any of the pyramid Zoom View settings except 1:1 and 1:2?

https://console.getsatisfaction.com/photoshop_family/conversations/lr-classic-noise-reduction-effect...

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pawel, same for me, it's also independent of whether I have the GPU checked. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 24, 2017 Nov 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue with new GeForce 1030 2Gb card. As other users I can see temporarly applyed Noise Reduction when qucickly dragging sliders in Basic. When I move sliders not only NR looks applyed, but the colors of image look tinted to red a little. It's clearly visible when disabling Luminance and Color Noise Reduction. When Use graphics processor is unchecked, evereything is OK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Advocate ,
Nov 25, 2017 Nov 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If unchecking 'Use Graphics Card' solves your problems, why do you want to check it? It is only designed for 4/5K monitors to make them respond a bit faster. Doesn't do anything for smaller monitors. Many graphics cards and drivers don't seem to be compatible with it.

Bob Frost

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 25, 2017 Nov 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But I'm using 4K monitor and Retina display (which is in every MacBook since some years). And with GPU acceleration disabled LR CCC is absolutely f... slow. No way to normal work. Any zoom or pan of processed photo takes ages to complete.

Besides You don't have any drivers on Mac - this platform is really standardized, so no way to excuse for Adobe that something is not compatible.

br,pawel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 26, 2017 Nov 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perfomance is very good with graphics processor enabled on my old 1680x1050 monitor. I see very huge difference in speed when GPU is disabled in new Lightroom CC Classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 30, 2017 Nov 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When "Use Graphics Processor" is selected (Preferences > Performance), all images in the develop module appear very grainy as if shot at an extremely high ISO, regardless of original image or sharpen settings. This grain is not present when exporting the final image, or opening in any other program (including Photoshop).  When the box is de-selected, the grain disappears and the images displays as it should. 

Windows 10
Lightroom Classic 2018
NVidia Quadro M2000M

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 03, 2017 Dec 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's doing this on my iMac, using Lightroom Classic CC

I'm trying to edit some photos I've taken inside a Royal home today and, I cannot see the damn noise reduction effect with the Luminance slider, it's making it very difficult to work with certain images.

What the hell is going on?

It'll work on Fill now but not Fit. This looks like a bug, which Adobe has no excuse for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 05, 2017 Dec 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When is this update happening? Its an important update to people with this issue. We need to get it as soon to make lightroom usable

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Timing of updates isn't normally announced until the day of the update.  Any question beginning with the word "When" will likely go unanswered. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I have to indefinitely wait/make payments for a solution that may or may not work? 😄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2017 Dec 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its almost like businesses want to know how long problems will last so they can plan accordingly ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 06, 2017 Dec 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This fixed it for us too:  "I've disabled the "Use GPU" in the menu and restarted lightroom.  Without using GPU acceleration normal behaviour is restored, it renders NR and Sharpening in fit and fill views.  Re-enabling GPU functions and it stops again."

It drove us nuts for like 4 hours, trying to fix it. You saved our sanity. 

Votes

Translate

Translate