• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Opening multiple images as layers from Lightroom

Community Beginner ,
Sep 01, 2021 Sep 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I select multiple images in lightroom and hit "open as layers in photoshop", photoshop launches and opens the first couple images and then stops opening the remaining images. It leaves a layer called "load images" at the bottom of the image stack.

Often if I close the file, and try again, it will work the second time. This has been a repeated issue for several years. I manage a facebook group for architectural photographers with 3.5k members and this issue is regularly brought up.

I'm currently using PS 22.5.0 and lightroom Classic 10.4 on a iMac running Big Sur 11.5.2.

Please address this issue!!!!

Bug Investigating
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 09, 2021 Sep 09, 2021

Investigating

Status Investigating

Votes

Translate

Translate
37 Comments
LEGEND ,
Sep 17, 2021 Sep 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Sep 18, 2021 Sep 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm trying to open a selection of images as "layers" in PS from Lightroom Classic (version of lightroom  attached). 

As I executed the process, only 2 images transfered across plus a blank layer titled "Load Layers".

A pop-up box did appear and said (along the lines of) that 'images edited in Camera Raw will not be opened', which I took no notice of as I wasnt using Camera Raw.

I have noticed (as per the attached) that when I was looking for the version of Lightroom Classic to post in here that is says 10.4 Release Camera Raw 13.4 - I've not really noticed that before, if it's somehow connected?

Hope this makes sense.

TIA 🙂

aScreenshot 2021-09-18 at 12.48.52.png

Screenshot 2021-09-18 at 12.43.43.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A number of people have reported this bug, and Adobe is investigating.  While waiting for it to be fixed, see this workaround:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/camera-raw-bugs/lightroom-classic-quot-open-as-layers-in-photoshop-qu...

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 05, 2021 Oct 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First noticed it with Photoshop 22.5.1 and Lightroom Classic 10.4 installed. Rolled both back a version and the problem is still happening. Was reading some earlier posts on this community and thought this was already resolved. I've reset preferences, updated my Nvidia card. Not sure what else to do at this point.

Windows 10.

--------------------------

Merged with existing thread by Forum Moderator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would help if you say exactly what happened, step by step. Also include your computer type and specs. How much memory and hard drive space do you have available?

I'm having no issue here. Just yesterday, I processed some Nikon D850 45 MP files I had created for a final focus stacked photo. The biggest job was 26 images opened as layers in PS with no issue at all. I also did 4 other focus stacked images with approximately 20 layers opened from LrC, I'm on LrC 10.4 and PS 22.5.1 like you and the latest updates to Win 10. 

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Others have recently reported Open As Layers not opening all the selected images in PS.  While waiting for this bug to be fixed, try this workaround:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/camera-raw-bugs/lightroom-classic-quot-open-as-layers-in-photoshop-qu... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Rikk,

Just wanted to follow up quick. Any updates on this issue? It seems to be happening more often recently. Huge waste of time having to close and re-open multiple times to get this to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just for some perspective, I'm a real estate photographer and I deliver around 50 images per shoot and typically have 3 shoots per day, so I'm using "open as layers in photoshop" roughly 150 times EVERY DAY. When every other time I use this feature, it doesnt work, and I have to close the file and try again... I'm not being dramatic when I say its a real problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Huge waste of time having to close and re-open multiple times to get this to work."

Agreed, and it is most unfortunate it still hasn't been fixed. Have you tried this workaround:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Seems to have been fixed for me now. If anyone is still having the issue, maybe try updating to the most recent LR and PS 2022.

Votes

Translate

Translate