• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Panels and filmstrip black when switching to Develop

Community Beginner ,
Sep 25, 2016 Sep 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if this is the right place for a bug report, if not could anyone direct me to the right place please.

Clicking develop module at top right from the Library module opens the photo with film strip and both side bars black empty spaces. Initial few times I had to quit and restart Lightroom but then discovered switching to grid view again and develop keyboard short cut, everything comes back.
RackMultipart20160925120518s3z-67767e8f-a774-4727-b759-11eddc593416-1834522346.jpgRackMultipart20160925120518s3z-67767e8f-a774-4727-b759-11eddc593416-1834522346.jpg

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Dec 13, 2017 Dec 13, 2017
Hi all,

As Simon and Jeff have already mentioned in this thread, please make sure your macOS is updated to at least macOS Sierra 10.12 and at least Lightroom Classic 7.0 or Lightroom 6.13.

The best combo to avoid this issue is being on macOS High Sierra 10.13 and Lightroom Classic 7.1 or Lightroom 6.13.

The team has worked pretty hard with Apple to get this issue to stop appearing with macOS Sierra 10.12 and macOS High Sierra 10.13. Improvements were made in 10.12 and iterated upon for 10.13.

If yo...

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Oct 27, 2017 Oct 27, 2017
Hi Steve,

As noted before, this is a bug introduced at the macOS level. Through collaboration with Apple, they have made a fix in the later version of the macOS update. So the right thing to do is to update to the more recent version of macOS when possible.

Having said that, Lr team have done our best to workaround this issue for the cases that we can reproduce for macOS 10.11.6. But there is a limit can Lr can do.

Hope you understand the situation.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Apr 11, 2017 Apr 11, 2017
This should now work correctly in Lightroom CC2015.10/6.10 or later on macOS Sierra (10.12) or later. Don't hesitate to let us know if you see the issue again on the current macOS, and if you do, what triggers it.  Please update your system and let us know if you have any additional issues. 

Additional information on this update can be found here: http://blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjournal/2017/04/lightroom-cc-2015-10-now-available.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 344 Replies 344
344 Comments
LEGEND ,
Dec 15, 2016 Dec 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm seeing this occasionally during a day of processing and several variations thereof. However, I cannot reliably reproduce it. I have GPU acceleration enabled (NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2048 MB) on a stock Retina MBP/ Mac OS 10.12.2.

Changing mode seems to be cumulatively involved and I regularly maximise the image during a session with Shift Tab (or L L).

@simon No it does not. I am also not able to use G / E keys to any effect when the issue is 'live'.

Note: I did not see this in 2015.7

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 15, 2016 Dec 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here on Mac Book Pro Retina OS Sierra. Since this morning I had to restart Lightroom 3 times. This makes working impossible, I use Lightroom in my photography studio not only for editing, printing but also to showcase the work at the viewings. Yesterday, it happened at front of my clients 2 times.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 17, 2016 Dec 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here on an iMac, it's very annoying !!
Can't reaaly work
Was working ok before the last LR update as far as i can remember

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 18, 2016 Dec 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here after updating LR to 2015.8...

Lightroom version: CC 2015.8 [ 1099473 ]License: Creative Cloud
Operating system: Mac OS 10
Version: 10.11 [6]
Application architecture: x64
Logical processor count: 8
Processor speed: 4.0 GHz
Built-in memory: 24,576.0 MB
Real memory available to Lightroom: 24,576.0 MB
Real memory used by Lightroom: 6,409.7 MB (26.0%)
Virtual memory used by Lightroom: 8,717.7 MB
Memory cache size: 5,601.2 MB
Maximum thread count used by Camera Raw: 8
Camera Raw SIMD optimization: SSE2,AVX,AVX2
Displays: 1) 5120x2880, 2) 5120x2880

Graphics Processor Info: 
AMD Radeon R9 M295X OpenGL Engine

Check OpenGL support: Passed
Vendor: ATI Technologies Inc.
Version: 4.1 ATI-1.42.15
Renderer: AMD Radeon R9 M295X OpenGL Engine
LanguageVersion: 4.10

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 18, 2016 Dec 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem going back and forth between Develop and Library module. I thought it was my computer!@?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 20, 2016 Dec 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got the same problem since I installed 2015.8. My computer is fall 2013 27" iMac. I"ve tried disabling the graphics processor, didn't have any impact on panels blacking out. Panels black out regardless of whether I have processor checked or not.  If I click on photos the side panels just go black. I can minimize and bring it back but as soon as I click anywhere it blacks out again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It got so bad I have to revert to a previous version of Lightroom-- but unfortunately only LR CC 2015.0 was made available by Adobe.  Adobe: can you please give us a newer version to revert to while you are fixing this problem?  It is crazy to have to go back 8 versions to fix a problem created in LR CC 2015.8!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The updates are available too. Full roll back instructions are here https://www.lightroomqueen.com/roll-b...

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 21, 2016 Dec 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.  I'll have to try that.  I was using the roll back "feature" available in the CC app itself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 22, 2016 Dec 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on a Mac running El Capitan. I have the latest version of Lightroom CC. In the Library Module, when I click on a picture both my side panels disappear. The only way to get them back is to minimize LR and open it up again but as soon as I click on another thumbnail both side panels disappear again. If I shut down LR and restart it things are fine for a time but then the problem returns.  Does anyone know what is going on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the behavior many of us have been experiencing.  Victoria Bampton (https://www.lightroomqueen.com/) reported earlier in this thread that Adobe is working on a fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do wish someone from adobe would chime in, such a frustration. It's happening on both my machines here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a bug logged on this and the team is investigating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, I use Lightroom in the studio, editing 2k pictures a week. This is the busiest time of the year here. Adobe do something!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also another strange behaviour but not as often.......sometimes when I go to a different folder in library module and than switch to develop, picture from the different folder (Last edited) appears on the screen...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the last CC update to LR 2015.8 I keep getting a random problem. All of a sudden the side panels and bottom row of images, plus top panel vanish. They don't hide, it's not a show and hide issue. They simply go black. 
Not sure if it's a random key press that I've been doing - but I'm pretty sure it's not. I've tried show and hide to get them back - but they aren't actually hidden. They are just blank. Only way to return them, is to restart LR. 

Screenshot attached. 

I have a colleague reporting exactly the same issue on his setup. 

I'm on an iMac 2015 5k retina. AMD Radeon R9 M395 2048 MB
RackMultipart20161222113281wb6-dad7b3d5-0466-4b38-96d5-2b0a0adb4b12-528288861.jpgSaveSave
Hampshire Wedding Photographer / Documentary Wedding Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

About a dozen or so posts above Victoria Bampton provides info about how to roll back to a previous version of Lightroom.  I rolled back to 2015.6.1 and (knock wood) haven't had any recurrences. More recent updates might also work.  I just decided to play it safe.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, the navigator thumbnail often shows the wrong image

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, saw that, as Victoria has merged this with this thread. However, the latest update 2015.8 actually fixes another bug, which was annoying - a sort issue I reported. So for the time being, I'll live with the vanishing panels. At least it's a recognised bug, so will hopefully be dealt with soon. 
Hampshire Wedding Photographer / Documentary Wedding Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps someone from Adobe could let us know if there are any risks involved in rolling back (e.g. problems with catalogue or develop settings). This seems to be left to the user to find out, as usual. What is it we are paying for again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly, I can't afford to loose 2 years of editing.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I rolled back to 2015.7 and have had no problems

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can force the panels to come back on a Mac using Opt-Cmd 1 for the library, 2 for develop 3 for the map etc. Inconvenient, but Lightroom does continue to work normally. This happens when a lot of tasks are running at once. Unfortunately LR does not recover once the panels have diisappeared and you'll have to continue to use the Opt-Cmd keys to switch between modules.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, there's no risks to your catalog or develop settings. It's always worth having up to date backups just in case you make a mistake somewhere along the line, but the actual process is safe. When you uninstall, there's a checkbox that lets you keep or remove preferences - I'd recommend keeping them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 23, 2016 Dec 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was experiencing the problem of the panels going black as well and I am still using El Capitan.  I got on the chat line to Adobe and let them take over my computer.  The rep did a full check and he disabled my Graphics processor  as well as changing the name of older versions of LR in my applications folder.
The problem seems to have disappeared.

Votes

Translate

Translate