• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Person info not removed during export since 11.0

Explorer ,
Jul 01, 2022 Jul 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Possible regression bug starting with LR Classic 11.0 (and still present in 11.4.1): during export, with  "Remove person info" is selected, exported JPEG files still contain person information. This was not happeing in versions up to 10.4.

This may cause some trouble, as personal info could be shared unexpectedly.

Bug Investigating
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 11, 2022 Jul 11, 2022

update status and adding bug number

Status Investigating

Votes

Translate

Translate
12 Comments
LEGEND ,
Jul 01, 2022 Jul 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried this and the Person Keywords were removed for me with "Remove Person Info" selected.  LrC 11.4.1 and MacOS 12.4

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jul 02, 2022 Jul 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you perhaps overright the metadata in the file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jul 02, 2022 Jul 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@RomasBudras, please provide details about how you're checking the exported JPEGs for person information.  In particular, which app or web service are you using to examine the files, and which fields are you looking at?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jul 03, 2022 Jul 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@johnrellis , I am checking with Exiftool (and other applications e.g. Irfanview, Synology Photos).

Export settings I use: - Metadata Include: All except Camera Raw Info.

I am comparing images exported with LR 10.4 and LR 11.4.1, with selected /  deselected "Remove Person Info".

When set to "Remove Person Info", these XMP tag groups are correctly removed:

<dc:subject>

<lr:weightedFlatSubject> [New tag for LRC11]

<Iptc4xmpExt:PersonInImage>

(as well as IPCT Keywords).

However, starting with LRC 11.0, the <mwg-rs:Regions> XMP tags containing face regions and person names are still included, even with "Remove Person Info" checked:

<mwg-rs:Regions rdf:parseType="Resource">

<mwg-rs:AppliedToDimensions

stDim:w="3552"

stDim:h="2368"

stDim:unit="pixel"/>

<mwg-rs:RegionList>

<rdf:Bag>

<rdf:li>

<rdf:Description

mwg-rs:Rotation="0.00000"

mwg-rs:Name="Firstname Lastname"

mwg-rs:Type="Face">

<mwg-rs:Area

stArea:h="0.10102"

stArea:w="0.06738"

stArea:x="0.33545"

stArea:y="0.29941"/>

</rdf:Description>

</rdf:li>

</rdf:Bag>

</mwg-rs:RegionList>

</mwg-rs:Regions>

Additional weird observation - values  of mwg-rs:Rotation and mwg-rs:Area slightly differ depending on whether "Remove Person Info" is checked or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes Bob, the Person Keywords are removed, but the face region (if specified on the original) is NOT removed (11.4.1, MacOS 12.4).

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you rename the associated keyword or change its Person attribute at some point? 

I'm not able to reproduce the problem in general. But one time, through a combination of renaming keywords (either in the label above the face or in the Keywords panel) and adding/removing the Person attribute from the keyword, I saw an old version of the keyword name appear in the Region Name field in the exported photo.  Unfortunately, I can't reproduce that behavior.

Unless we can get a precise list of steps for reproducing the problem on a new photo with a new keyword in a new catalog, my long experience in dealing with Adobe suggests they won't pay much attention.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I was able to reproduce scenario on a new catalog.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Create New Catalog.

2. Import a photo.

3. Go to People View (Enable face detection for entire catalog).

4. Give name to one of detected persons.

5. Export the photo: Metadata - All except Camera Raw Info, "Remove Person Info" checked.

5a. Check the exported file, XMP tag <mwg-rs> - it contains face regions, but not face names.

6. Save metadata to disk (Ctrl-S) - XMP sidecars will be saved next to raw photos.

7. Export the photo: Metadata - All except Camera Raw Info, "Remove Person Info" checked.

7a. Check the exported file, XMP tag <mwg-rs> - it contains face regions, and also face names.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jul 04, 2022 Jul 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you rename the associated keyword or change its Person attribute at some point? 

I'm not able to reproduce the problem in general. But one time, through a combination of renaming keywords (either in the label above the face or in the Keywords panel) and adding/removing the Person attribute from the keyword, I saw an old version of the keyword name appear in the Region Name field in the exported photo.  Unfortunately, I can't reproduce that behavior.

John, I can see the issue with every photo that I've tested so far, and I would expect that I'll see it on every image that has a named face region. The key seems to be embedded metadata, which includes the named face region.....every image in my catalog has embedded metadata (all my raw files are converted to DNG), which is why I'd expect to see the issue on every image with a named face region.

I just imported a few raw files into one of my test catalogs, named the face regions then exported one without saving to XMP. I added the exported file back into the catalog where I can see in the Library module that an unnamed face region exists. I selected another image, saved to XMP first then exported it....and on importing back into the catalog the jpeg shows the named face region in the Library.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excellent, I can reproduce the problem with those steps.  And I also tested in LR 10.4 and didn't see the problem.

Metadata > Save Metadata To File is a key differentiator in lots and lots of bug reports. I should have remembered to check for that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Rikk Flohr: Photography, please move this to Bugs. @RomasBudras posted a precise recipe for reproducing the problem here:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/person-info-not-removed-during-export-s...

and I confirmed the behavior in my LR 11.4.1 / Mac OS 12.4 and that it doesn't occur in 10.4.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jul 11, 2022 Jul 11, 2022