• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Photo placed in wrong spot on map

LEGEND ,
Dec 11, 2016 Dec 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new Lightroom version has a major bug in the map module!When you try to position a photo somewhere on the map Lightroom 6.8 assigns a wrong position (near the spot).

Bug Investigating
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

LEGEND , Nov 07, 2020 Nov 07, 2020

This bug has been outstanding for many years.  Workarounds:

1. Set Preferences > Interface > Font Size to Automatic and the Windows Display Settings > Scale And Layout to 100%.   Dragging photos to the map and the Develop eye dropper then become accurate for most people. But if the fonts are now too small, adjust the Windows Display Settings scaling, not the font size in LR.  (That works for some but not all people.)

2. Instead of dragging to the map, right-click the map location and do

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Feb 15, 2017 Feb 15, 2017
I have been able to reproduce this issue and I have logged a bug as well.

Thanks,
Smit Keniya
Adobe Lightroom Team

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 142 Replies 142
142 Comments
LEGEND ,
Nov 17, 2022 Nov 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 03, 2023 Aug 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the l;atest version on Lightroom. I have started to upload pictures with GPS coordinates. Some pictures show the riight coordinate and mos others do not. I checled the GPS coordinates listed in LR and they are correct. 

I have read a lot of posts with this problem but cannot find one with a solution.

I run LR on MacBook pro M1 Max.

TY

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Aug 03, 2023 Aug 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I have started to upload pictures with GPS coordinates. Some pictures show the riight coordinate and mos others do not."

The other reports in this thread concern dragging photos to the map to set their coordinates. Your symptoms are different. Please upload a couple of the original problem photos to Dropbox, Google Drive, or similar, and post the sharing link here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Aug 28, 2023 Aug 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Windows 11 lastest update.

This is the same bug that appeared way back. When I drag a photo to  the map the location pops 3" away from the intended point. I can then grab the location icon and move it to the place I want it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The bug has never been fixed -- when either Windows Display Scaling is set larger than 100% or LR's Preferences > Interface > Font Size is set larger than 100% (small), dragging onto the map places the pin in the wrong spot.

Dragging the pin to the correct location works, as long as it represents just one photo. But another unfixed bug is that you can't drag a pin with more than one photo assigned to it.

Another workaround is to right-click the desired location on the map and do Add GPS Coordinates To Selected Photos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 02, 2023 Oct 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour, 

Je me permets de créé ce post car je rencontre un problème concernant la localisation GPS de mes photos. 

Je positionne manuellement les photos dans l'onglet "Cartes'. Le problème est que j'observe un décalage entre l'endroit où je souhaite positionner les photos sur la carte et le positionnement que le logiciel effectue. 

Ci-dessous une capture d'écran :

Présentation1.jpg

Merci d'avance pour votre aide à la résolution de ce décalage.

Pierre

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Google translation: "GPS manual positioning of offset photos ... The problem is that I observe a discrepancy between where I want to position the photos on the map and the positioning that the software does."

This is a longstanding Windows bug on higher-resolution displays for which Adobe has never prioritized a fix. The simplest workaround is to right-click the desired location on the map and do Add GPS Coordinates To Selected Photos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2023 Dec 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may work for most people, but after 20+ years of using Lightroom Classic for PC, it has started happening to me.
This, again, is where Adobe have lost their way in caring for quality; instead in many cases, going for gimmicks.

I have lost total trust in Adobe for accuracy as I also have another major problem relating to retention of data, that Adobe are incapable of correcting!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 11, 2024 Feb 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I drag and drop an image thumbnail to the map in map module, the location ends up some way off the location I dropped. In display settings, the scale parameter is 125%. If I change this to 100% (resulting in tiny text) the dragged thumbnail ends up at the correct location on the map. If I change back to 125% so I can read the text, the location is again wrong. This seems to be a repeatable bug.

Using a Windows 10 enterprise system. LR classic 13.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been a bug for many years, unfortunately. A workaround is to select the photo(s) in the filmstrip, right-click on the map, and do Add GPS Coordinates To Selected Photos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 18, 2024 Feb 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still a bug, Feb 2024.  Adobe, you are hopeless.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 25, 2024 Mar 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just found this one too, thanks for the workarounds mentioned in the forum, but Adobe need to resolve this.

Votes

Translate

Translate