Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Preset hover preview incorrect for Incremental Temperature / Tint

LEGEND ,
Oct 22, 2019 Oct 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[This bug still exists in LR 10.0. See here for sample images to test with:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/lightroom-classic-preset-hover-previe...]

The preview of a develop preset when hovering over it in the Presets panel is incorrect when the preset contains IncrementalTemperature and IncrementalTint values and the photo being edited is raw. To reproduce:

1. Open a non-raw in Develop and change Temp and Tint to +20.

2. Save a preset "Temp/Tint" with just White Balance checked.

3. Open a raw in Develop.

4. Hover the mouse over Temp/Tint and observe the change to the photo.

5. Click on Temp/Tint and observe there isn't any additional change to the photo (as expected).

6. Move the mouse pointer over the photo. Observe that the photo colors noticeably change.

7. Repeatedly move the mouse pointer back to over the Temp/Tint preset and then back over the photo and observe the change in colors.

Here's an example:

Original photo:

Develop Loupe view with mouse hovering over Temp/Tint preset:

Develop Loupe view after applying Temp/Tint preset with mouse over photo:

Tested on LR 8.4.1 / Mac OS 10.14.6 and Windows 10.

See here for the original report: 
https://community.adobe.com/t5/Lightroom-Classic/Issues-with-Preset-loupe-view-in-Lightroom/m-p/1068...

Here's another preset that exhibits similar symptoms, though it doesn't contain IncrementalTint/Temperature, but apparently only when applied to Canon EOS R raws:
https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/lightroom-preset-hover-preview-incorrect-for-...

Bug Fixed Locked
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Greetings,

Updates to the Adobe Photography Products were released on June 13. The update contains a fix for this issue.  Please download and the latest version of your application via the Adobe Creative Cloud Application or your respective device app store.

If you do not see the update (Mac and Win) you can refresh your Creative Cloud App with the keyboard shortcut [Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+[ R ]. 

Note: App store availability can take several days for the update to appear and be available. 

T

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
68 Comments
Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2019 Nov 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.

I hope you can solve this quick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Dec 10, 2019 Dec 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An Update was released today. The BUG is NOT FIXED!  It is the same as it ever was.  Here goes 6 more months of dealing with this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 17, 2019 Dec 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Canon EOS M6 and shoot in RAW. I am also experiencing this preset issue! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 03, 2020 Jan 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. Canon EOS R Raw files into Lightroom using custom created presets. hover preview different than what is applied. I'm 90% sure that the preview is the correct treatment and what is applied is wrong, or am I missing something?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jan 03, 2020 Jan 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're not missing anything.  It is a BUG and I've made a video about it.  Adobe said they were on it and issued a new release that was supposed to fix it, however same ole same ole.  I have clearly defined where the problem is and with what camera.  Still Nothing.  Canon EOS R users are just out of luck for the moment.  The BUG has been here for a year at least.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 22, 2020 Jan 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue with a Nikon Z6, applying custom presets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 31, 2020 Jan 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same Problem.

Sony A7iii 
End of Jan 2020 
Mac Lightroom Classic version: 9.1 [ 201911291132-64cf80b4 ]

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 10, 2020 Feb 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem.
Sony a6000
Sony a7rm2
Canon 600d

Thats no support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Feb 11, 2020 Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updates to Lightroom Classic, Camera Raw, and the Lightroom Ecosystem were released yesterday and contain a fix for this issue.  Please install the appropriate update and see if it solves this problem. You can read more about the updates here.

Thank you for your patience. 

Smit | Lightroom Classic Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 11, 2020 Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, the bug recipe in the first post still fails in LR 9.2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Feb 13, 2020 Feb 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upon initial tests, the problem is fixed with the EOS R raw files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 13, 2020 Feb 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Smit and Rikk, as discussed above, there are two distinct sets of symptoms:

1. A problem with hover previews of presets containing IncrementalTint/Temperature and no profiles that affects raws from many different cameras.

2. A problem with hover previews of presets applied to Canon EOS R raw files that occurs with a preset not containing IncrementalTint/Temperature and only with Adobe * profiles, not Camera Standard profiles.

LR 9.2 does not fix the first, only the second.  The bug recipe in the original post still fails, and I think most of the Me Toos are for the first set of symptoms. So I've marked this topic as In Progress.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 29, 2020 Nov 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This bug still exists in LR 10.0. It's more noticeable with some images and some cameras. Here are four sample images that are noticeably affected, from a Sigma DP2, Sony ILCE-6500, and a Sony DSC-RX100M5:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hgkm911syyh4jcg/temp-tint-bug.2020.11.29.zip?dl=0 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 23, 2021 Jan 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@John_R_Ellis

still having this problem. has there been a fix??? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 23, 2021 Jan 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No fix yet. Adobe will update this bug report when there is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings,

Updates to the Adobe Photography Products were released on June 13. The update contains a fix for this issue.  Please download and the latest version of your application via the Adobe Creative Cloud Application or your respective device app store.

If you do not see the update (Mac and Win) you can refresh your Creative Cloud App with the keyboard shortcut [Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+[ R ]. 

Note: App store availability can take several days for the update to appear and be available. 

Thank you for your patience.

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products
Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2023 Jun 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my LRC and my OS are up to date. brand new laptop. I've been having this problem for months - on two different computers. I'm desparate for an answer to be able to use this software I pay monthly for. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 29, 2023 Jun 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You’ve posted to a very old thread. It is highly unlikely that the issue described in this thread, though not impossible, is the same issue which you are currently experiencing. Rather than resurrect an old thread that is seemingly similar, you are better posting to a new thread with fresh, complete information including system information, a complete description of the problem and step-by-step instructions for reproduction. 

In the unlikely event the issue is the same, we will merge you back into the appropriate location. 

Thank you!

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate