• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Print module: image positioning / printing issue with 11.3

Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2022 Apr 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upgraded to 11.3 this morning. 11.2 and previous worked without problems.

I notice the following:

Using the hand tool to reposition the image within the print frame: Up and down are reversed. 

For example I am printing a photo of a model on white background. If I reposition the photo so that the model is in the center of the frame I have to click and drag the image in the opposite direction to which I want the image to move. 

So with the model in the center of the frame and with ample padding around the image the print comes out with her toes cut off???? 

If I then reposition the image on screen so that the models toes are cut off the print comes out with the model centered nicely with ample padding around the image!!!!

Richard

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 14, 2022 Apr 14, 2022

Adding bug number - 

Set Status to acknowledged.

Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate
19 Comments
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI: I rolled back to 11.2 and the behaviour is back to normal. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can duplicate this behavior on 11.3 and MacOS 12.3.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bob, I cannot duplicate - can you share your settings?

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Rikk Flohr: Photography 

Here are the settings.  The photo is a 2:3 aspect photo and I resized the box so zoom to fill would allow me to drag the photo vertically and the hand moves in the opposite dirction of the photo.  I also recorded a video if you want me to send it to you.

Screen Shot 2022-04-13 at 11.33.58 AM.jpgScreen Shot 2022-04-13 at 11.34.06 AM.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went ahead and emailed you the video of this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The video does not help as it cuts off the settings I need to see on the right set of panels. 

Can you post a screen shot of your settings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I posted the relevant screen shots of the setting in the above post in the forum that were in effect when I created the video.  I had to send the video to you by email.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using identical settings to the image you sent via email, I still cannot reproduce. The image and hand drag are coordinated.  I am wondering if you are seeing different behavior by file type (raw, DNG, JPEG, Tiff, PSD)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried HEIC, Tiff, Jpg and they all did the same.  I decided to try another catalog and the hand/photo worked correctly in the other catalog UNTIL I toggled a combination of Zoom to Fill and Rotate to Fit and then it was working backwards.  

I think I have a repeatable recipie to create the bug

1. Leave all the setting I sent you but turn OFF Zoom to Fill and Rotate to Fit

2 Select a photo

3 Turn ON Zoom to Fill.  With these settings the mouse tracks properly

4Turn On Rotate to Fit.   The mouse track backwards.

As an additional test, you can toggle both off and then both on in the above order and it will repeat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2022 Apr 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi here is a screen shot of of my print settings:

Screenshot 2022-04-14 at 10.27.16.png

Below is how the image looks on screen

Screenshot 2022-04-14 at 10.30.26.png

This is how it prints. As I mentioned, I reverted back to 11.2 and the print module works as expected.

image.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 14, 2022 Apr 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adding bug number - 

Set Status to acknowledged.

Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 25, 2022 Apr 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Im running on MacOS Montery 12.3.1 and LRC 11.3.1 - iMac i9 2019 - 64GB

New problem seems to show up in the print module. I´m printing some passportphoto, and when I adjust them to fit right in on the "on screen printing sheet" the following hapends. If i raise the head to the highest position (and then not seeing the total of the head) it prints out as it is in its lowest positioin in the frame, and the opposite hapends if I move the image inside of the picture frame so it is in it´s lowest position (too much space above the head) it prints out with the top of the head cut off. Orgindal image is cropped to 4x5 or 5x7 and the image print box is 3.5x4.5 cm so a litle squere so I can move the image a bit up or down during printing. - but image does move in wrong direction. Please correct this as soon as possible. Seems like a new bug. Files are DNG Sony A9ii or A1... It does happend the same in all printers (epson D800, Canon pro 1000, Canon pro 2000, and Canon Maxify 2750 (and I have restarded, reinsert drivers and most of all thins that comes to my mind to sort this out)

Im highly experienced LR user all back to version 2.0 sooting 250.000 images pro year (and all done in LR)

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 29, 2022 Apr 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic 11.3.1

MacOS 12.3.1

Print Module

When I check the zoom to fill option and adjust the position up and down, the picture is adjusted in reverse. So, if I want to print the bottom part of the picture, I usually have to drag it up with the mouse, but the other way around, the top part of the picture is displayed.

I can drag the mouse down to show the bottom of the picture on the screen. However, in this case, the print result is different from the screen, and the top part of the picture is printed.

JPEG or PSD files are fine and D850 Nikon NEF raw files have problem.

Screen Shot 2022-04-30 at 12.48.26 PM.png

I dragged it all the way down.

1.jpg

This is the result of 'Print to file'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 16, 2022 May 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have found the same thing. It affects portrait orientation photos that have been rotated CCW to portrait orientation (either by the camera flagging it in the EXIF data, or manually in Lightroom). It does not affect photos that have been rotated CW.

In thr print module, panning of portrait photos that have been rotated CCW goes in the wrong direction (up pans down, and down pans up), and the crops are shifted in the wrong direction, resulting in prints (or JPEG print files) that are cropped differently from what appears in the Print module. This only applies when "Zoom to Fill" is used.

I have reverted to LRC version 11.2, which resolves this issue. This is on 2020 iMac with MacOS 12.3.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 16, 2022 May 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This bug appears to only affect photos that have been rotated CCW to portrait, not photos that have been rotated CW to portrait. Unfortunately, the former is the usual way of holding the camera in portrait orientation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 02, 2022 Jun 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know how to correct this crop issue when I save in Print Module? What is saved is not the same as what I cropped and created on the screen. See photos below. 

WHAT I SEEN ON MY DESKTOP IN PRINT MODULE LRCC:

Collage 19.png

WHAT IS SAVE IN JPG:

Collage 20.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 06, 2022 Jun 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the simplest solution is to revert to version 11.2 until they fix the problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings,

Updates to the Adobe Photography Products were released on June 13. The update contains a fix for this issue.  Please download and the latest version of your application via the Adobe Creative Cloud Application or your respective device app store.

If you do not see the update (Mac and Win) you can refresh your Creative Cloud App with the keyboard shortcut [Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+[ R ]. 

Note: App store availability can take several days for the update to appear and be available. 

Thank you for your patience.

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Aug 21, 2023 Aug 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, I am reviving this thread to share that this bug is (still?) present in Lightroom Classic version 12.5, as demonstrated below:

https://youtu.be/Ih_FmPRRxGQ

(Adobe says I don't have permission to uplaod video; hmmm.)

On some images the crop direction is reversed, and others it is correct.

Votes

Translate

Translate