• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Print Module, Page Set Up Crashes Lightroom Classic V 12.0.1

Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2022 Nov 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good day. I ran across this issue yesterday, 6 Nov, and I'm not sure who (Adobe, Apple, Epson) is responsible for t/s and fix- it is frustrating. Simple to explain - fixing is another issure entirely.

I'm using a 16" 2019, Intel MacBook Pro w/32Gb Ram. I upgraded to MacOS Ventura and Lightroom Classic v12.0.1.  Going into Print Module and trying to select Page Set Up crashes Lightroom. I tried restarting the computer, resetting LR Preferences and turning off GPU Acceleration to no avail. 

Do the LR Print Module, Page Set Up and Printer Settings, pull their input from the printer manufacturer drivers? Again, I'm not sure who is responsible or even how to go about troubleshooting/fixing. Any help/advise would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I have two projects for customers in work - I should have known better than to upgrade this soon.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Pinned Replies

Adobe Employee , Jan 12, 2023 Jan 12, 2023

Update 03/29./2023:

Apple released version 13.3 of macOS Ventura which contains a fix for this issue. Please update your Mac to version 13.3 and let us know if you continue to see the crash on Page Setup. 

Thank you for your patience

Moving Status back to Investigating - this is not a Lightroom Classic bug. Resolution will require a future update to the OS.

Status Investigating

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Mar 30, 2023 Mar 30, 2023

Apple has fixed this bug. Update to Ventura 13.3 to obtain the fix. 

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 277 Replies 277
277 Comments
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2022 Nov 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ventura seems to be the problem. Adobe say they're burning the midnight oil trying to fix thew bug!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 28, 2022 Nov 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ventura seems to be the problem

And yet, no issues for me, last build of Lightroom Classic, Ventura 13.0.1, multiple printers including two Epson's (P800 and 3880). No crash. 

Again: 

Try logging into another account (you may need to make one), still crashing? 
Try starting up in Safe mode (hold down Shift Key when booting), still crashing? 
You might want to try running a free utility like Onyx: still crashing? 
https://www.titanium-software.fr/en/onyx.html
Also view:
https://www.macworld.com/article/352902/onyx-review-macos.html
https://www.macworld.com/article/224955/how-to-reset-a-macs-nvram-pram-and-smc.html
From Adobe:
https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/basic-troubleshooting.html

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Dec 02, 2022 Dec 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep having problems ('printer is offline" when it clearly isn't, e.g.).

Today encountered a problem related to this thread : I created a new preset, I saved it and it dutifully appeared in the list. So I selected it for a second print job, clicked print and - the printer started switching ink, from mat to photo black.
I discovered the settings for paper revert to the default 'premium luster' (ie photoblack) every time, irrespective of the preset I choose. In other words I can seemingly create a preset but it doesn't do anything when selected (I did this three times, with the same result).

Moreover, apart from the extra layer of options which I find bothersome there are also new options: when creating a preset you can choose between 'custom preset' and 'preset print job' (I have to translate from the Dutch, so maybe the terms are a bit different). I have no idea what the difference is. Anyone?

I tried both but the problem (reverting to default paper choice) persists. I also tried ' prevous settings ' (the option for using the same settings as for the previous job) - doesn't work either.

It means I now have to check the print options for every print job, and if I forget I have to wait 5-10 minutes for the ink to change to photoblack and back again to mat! (For as users of the 3880 will know, as soon as the printer starts  switching ink there is no stopping it.)

I love my 3880 but now I'm not happy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 05, 2022 Dec 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR classic 12,0,1 and MacOS ventura 13,0,1.

Whenever I click "page setup" in the printmodule, LRclassic on my iMac stops abruptly.

I don't have this problem with my Macbook pro.

I deleted and reïnstalled LR classic, but still the same problem.

Any advise?

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic-versie: 12.0.1 [ 202210260744-9e008017 ]
Licentie: Creative Cloud
Taalinstelling: nl-BE
Besturingssysteem: Mac OS 13
Versie: 13.0.1 [22A400]
Toepassingsarchitectuur: x64
Aantal logische processors: 16
Processorsnelheid: 3,8GHz
SQLite-versie: 3.36.0
Ingebouwd geheugen: 40.960,0 MB
Beschikbaar fysiek geheugen voor Lightroom: 40.960,0 MB
Fysiek geheugen gebruikt door Lightroom: 2.086,4 MB (5,0%)
Virtueel geheugen gebruikt door Lightroom: 41.693,5 MB
Cachegeheugengrootte: 12,2MB
Interne Camera Raw-versie: 15.0 [ 1261 ]
Maximumaantal door Camera Raw gebruikte threads: 5
Camera Raw SIMD-optimalisatie: SSE2,AVX,AVX2
Virtueel geheugen Camera Raw: 0MB / 20479MB (0%)
Fysiek geheugen Camera Raw: 1MB / 40960MB (0%)
Standaardgrootte voorvertoning: 5120 pixels
Schermen: 1) 5120x2880

GPU-info:
Metal: AMD Radeon Pro 5500 XT
Beginstatus: GPU voor exporteren wordt standaard ondersteund
Gebruikersvoorkeur: Automatisch

Toepassingsmap: /Applications/Adobe Lightroom Classic
Bibliotheekpad: /Users/stefanvanhooreweghe/Pictures/Pictures/Lightroom/Lightroom catalogus/Lightroom CC-v12-1.lrcat
Map Instellingen: /Users/stefanvanhooreweghe/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Lightroom

Geïnstalleerde plug-ins:
1) AdobeStock
2) Canon Print Studio Pro
3) ColorChecker Camera Calibration
4) Luminar 4
5) Luminar AI
6) Luminar Neo
7) Tetheringplug-in voor Nikon

Config.lua-vlaggen: None

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unless you remove the prerferences file during the uninstall, removing and reinstalling LrC rarely fixes anything. That being said, I believe your issue is related to  'Canon Print Studio Pro'  not behaving well with Ventura. This may be due to the new print code introduced by Apple with Ventura.

Here's a thread on Canon's forum discusing various issues in Lightroom, Photoshop, etc.

https://community.usa.canon.com/t5/Professional-Photo-Printers/Pixma-Pro-200-MacOs-Ventura-Lightroom...

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 06, 2022 Dec 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running Lightroom Classic 12.0.1 on Mac Studio M1 Max running Ventura 13.0.1

No matter what I do the application crashes when I try to change or create a new page setup in the print module. Does anyone have a suggestion for a fix or workaround? Thanks. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I described what worked for me above (at least, it worked up to a point): delete ALL printer-related files from your system and install the latest driver downloaded from the site of the printer manufacturer (provided it is more recent than your system update). I had the same problem but can now print, choose standard print presets and adapt them -for one time only. However, I lost my old presets, and when I make new custom presets they are not stable, the settings revert to default paper type every time.

I stay away form Airprint because Airprint drivers don't have all the options the Epson driver has. I use an USB cable, no wi-fi or network or...
Others have goven other suggestions and links in this thread, you may check what seems to suit you best.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still no workable solution for me despite hours of Adobe attempting to fix the bug.  Told I have to wait for the next version of Lightroom update which will hopefully correct the problem.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for all the replies. 😫

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Add me to the list. Did all the suggested workarounds and the Epson emema and still crashing on Page Setup. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it crash when you select Page Setup or after clicking OK

Tried again, no issue with either option. 

PageSetup.jpg

And again, does it crash with a new, clean user or when booting into Safe mode? 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Weird, it does not crash on my laptop, running the same versions of LR and OS, also an M1 chipset. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Weird, it does not crash on my laptop, running the same versions of LR and OS, also an M1 chipset. 

I'm on a MacBook Pro 16" M1 so we have that in common. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to be clear:

1.  Over 6 hours of Adobe sharing my computer and three different technicians...no resolution

2.  I believe this happened after installation of Ventura 13.0.1.  but not totally certain.

3.  13 inch Macbook Pro 2020 i5 processor

4.  Two Canon printers...8066a and pro-100

5.  It crashes immediately when I push the "page setup" button in print module.

6.  Adobe said they are working with high priority on fixing the bug and that it will be part of an updated Lightroom download.  Hopefully sometime this year!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you remove all traces of the Canon printer driver software, does it crash? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe the Adobe technicians manipulated the Canon drivers, I wouldn't know how to do that nor do I know what they actually were doing during the hours long attempt to resolve the problem.  I did reinstall the drivers myself with no benefit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know what "manipulated the Canon drivers" means. 

Do you have more than one printer? All you have to do is go into System Settings and delete the printer from Canon. Then go back into Lightroom Classic and try Page Setup. Does it crash? Now go into System Settings and reconfigure the Canon driver. But useful to know if that does anything or not. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I don't know what manipulate" means.  What I was trying to say is the Adobe technicians dug deep into the inner workings of the computer, but I don't know specifically what or if anything they did with the Canon printer files.

Both printers are Canon, if I delete them both does that purge the drivers too?  Is that what you are suggesting I do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good (yet sad) to read the thread and to notice that this is quite a widespread problem, all of it pointing to Ventura as the culprit. Not printer make or model specific. Reassuring to read that hopefully the next Lr update will address it.

Thank you one and all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So if you delete both Canon printers from System Settings, they are not really deleted and can be reinstalled in the same location by clicking on the "Add Printer, Scanner or Fax... " button. 

If you really did a clean uninstall of the printers (which may be necessary if this first test fails), you could always download and reinstall them, then go back to System Settings and add them again. That alone might be worth a try. 

I have three Epson's (again, no issue) and one Canon laser printer. That driver doesn't crash LR; I can select it and even configure Page Setup. But that doesn't mean your Canon driver isn't an issue; we just don't know yet. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 07, 2022 Dec 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same happens to me 2020 MacBook Pro with M1, running Ventura 13.0.1 and LrC 12.0.1. Printer is a Epson SC-P900. Please find the attached video https://youtu.be/WAJfQr3SNc0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Dec 09, 2022 Dec 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "enema" idea worked for me as well - I have a Canon Imageprograf pro 1000. As you described I went to the library (Mac OS Ventura 13.0.1) and deleted a Canon printer folder I found there. I then reinstalled the latest printer driver from Canon, and deleted the Mac OS printer driver. For good measure restarted my computer (Mac Studio), and voila! the crashes have stopped. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Dec 11, 2022 Dec 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to print in Lightroom, and when i click on the 'page setup' button lightroom closes down can anyone help?

Rom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Dec 11, 2022 Dec 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the club!  No solution known to me.  Adobe claims they will correct this in an upcoming update to Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate