• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Print Module, Page Set Up Crashes Lightroom Classic V 12.0.1

Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2022 Nov 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good day. I ran across this issue yesterday, 6 Nov, and I'm not sure who (Adobe, Apple, Epson) is responsible for t/s and fix- it is frustrating. Simple to explain - fixing is another issure entirely.

I'm using a 16" 2019, Intel MacBook Pro w/32Gb Ram. I upgraded to MacOS Ventura and Lightroom Classic v12.0.1.  Going into Print Module and trying to select Page Set Up crashes Lightroom. I tried restarting the computer, resetting LR Preferences and turning off GPU Acceleration to no avail. 

Do the LR Print Module, Page Set Up and Printer Settings, pull their input from the printer manufacturer drivers? Again, I'm not sure who is responsible or even how to go about troubleshooting/fixing. Any help/advise would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I have two projects for customers in work - I should have known better than to upgrade this soon.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Pinned Replies

Adobe Employee , Jan 12, 2023 Jan 12, 2023

Update 03/29./2023:

Apple released version 13.3 of macOS Ventura which contains a fix for this issue. Please update your Mac to version 13.3 and let us know if you continue to see the crash on Page Setup. 

Thank you for your patience

Moving Status back to Investigating - this is not a Lightroom Classic bug. Resolution will require a future update to the OS.

Status Investigating

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Mar 30, 2023 Mar 30, 2023

Apple has fixed this bug. Update to Ventura 13.3 to obtain the fix. 

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 277 Replies 277
277 Comments
Explorer ,
Dec 11, 2022 Dec 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We all tried things to solve this. Some worked for some of us. See earlier posts, there are quite a few tips there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Dec 12, 2022 Dec 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Adobe

I have the following problem:

when going to the "Print" page and then "page setup" on the left side (bottom) LrC still crashes. I would like to print some pictures and set up the page, but actually not possible.

I've attached the error report! Could you please check asap?

LrC V12.01.1

MacOS 13.0.1

MacMini M1

Many thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried to reset the Lightroom preferences?

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

It's recommended to backup your preferences before you reset the preferences to the default settings:

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/preference-file-and-other-file-locations.html

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

still crashing....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had the same problem.  I can reset the presets so that they work in "Pages" but because LRC crashes as soon as your select Page Setup the presets all go back to using the default paper size and I can't see any other paper size in the Develop Mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I should have said the Print mode not the Develop mode

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

seems that there is no solution......not happy with that. because i need to print, and do some page setups....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

now it seams to have some user account permissions. 

oh man......

even if i use auto-repair, seems to not receiving the permissions needed. if i do it manually, still the same message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please take a look here: :magnifying_glass_tilted_right: Quick Tips: How to give Full Disk Access to Li... - Adobe Support Co...

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something odd in that attached report. It states that you have v12.1, as opposed to 12.0.1.

Also states a KERNAL error, often hardware related. Might want to visit an Apple Store.

Inquiry to other members. Is a complete removal of Adobe apps then reinstall, called for? Note to author, that calls for more than a simple uninstall. Calls for the Adobe Creative Cloud cleaner tool, not to be taken lightly.

Note to author: make sure you have a reliable backup of your catalog(s) 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thx Axel. LR has already all full disk access...still showing up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the Kernel error is based on the app not working correctly.

i think i'm gonna re-install macOS and the all the tool step by step again....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2022 Dec 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SOLUTION:

DELETED my LR catalogue. fine for me. installed new macOS, and then, after installing LR new I've noticed that with a new catalogue no problem at all....after switching back to old catalogue.....same problem again....ergo: delete catalogue

SOLVED

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 16, 2022 Dec 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im also having this issue. Not seeing any fixes that work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you have to delete or create a new empty catalogue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a new catalog and still crashing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most recent Lr Classic update (12.1) and Ventura (13.1) have not fixed this glitch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Dec 17, 2022 Dec 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue, and was about to do a complete re-install of OS and applications but then tried the following:

1) Create a new user and a new catalog -> Page Setup works fine

2) Moved my main catalog to the new user (changed permissions) -> Page Setup crashed

3) Imported from the main catalog into the newly test catalog -> Page Setup still working

4) Moved the test catalog from the test user to my account (changed permissions) -> Page Setup works fine

So it seems to be an issue hidden in the catalog. And worse, the problem gets derived to newly created catalogs because I realized the following:

If I create a new catalog while having open a catalog where Page Setup crashes, then it also crashes in the newly created catalog. If I do the same from a catalog where Page setup works fine then it also works fine in the newly created catalog.

Unfortunately during all this exercise where I tried to reset things and reinstalled LR etc (which all did not help) I also lost some of my presets and other modules while going through all this. But maybe a little cleanup of all the crap which collected over the years is healthy. In the end I only used one or two presets anyway which I can recreate from former developments.

Hope this helps others too and Cheers

Ruediger

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If development is interested, I can provide two empty catalogs, one which crashes on Page Setup and one which does not. Both catalogs created by the same user but from different catalogs open at the time of creation. This is reproducible and should also be reproducible in-house.

Hardware: MacBook Pro M1 14"

Software: Mac OS Ventura 13.1 / Adobe Lightroom Classic 12.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

rstobbe: 

If development is interested, I can provide two empty catalogs, one which crashes on Page Setup and one which does not.

Can you include one image in each, label the catalog (good/bad crashes or similar) and upload to something like Dropbox so others can test?

On the catalogs you have, if you do an “Export as catalog” the an “Import as Catalog” to each other, does this change anything?

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has gone way beyond my capacity to understand what is going on.  I hope someone can verify the fix and then outline exactly the steps, in the simplest possible terms, how to fix the bug.  Then I can have 30 year old son in law, who is way more tech savvy, go through the steps to install.  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@TheDigitalDog I wish I could. I had the two empty catalogs and put them into a zip file. Now I unzipped it to add an image to each and also tried if they crash or not and both are doing good. So something healed the catalog or maybe the program. I wanted to create another new (crashing) catalog from the original catalog and tried the Page Setup, but now also the original catalog no longer shows the issue.

Question is, what happened in the meantime? All I did was opening another catalog on an external drive which was not yet migrated to LR12. So it got migrated to 12.1 and it works fine without crashing. The catalog which had the issue has been migrated to LR 12.1 from LR12.01.

Looks like I am of no help, but nice to see the issue gone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Question is, what happened in the meantime? All I did was opening another catalog on an external drive which was not yet migrated to LR12. So it got migrated to 12.1 and it works fine without crashing. The catalog which had the issue has been migrated to LR 12.1 from LR12.01.

That's too bad, and I have no idea why the two are now 'corrupted' if that's what is going on. 😫

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Dec 18, 2022 Dec 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@TheDigitalDog That's too bad, and I have no idea why the two are now 'corrupted' if that's what is going on.

Yeah. In general I am happy that all my catalogs now work fine. But it would have been nice to know why it happened in the beginning. I guess it is an issue of version 12.01 which reached into 12.1 somehow but not all the time and then gets fixed while working with another catalog. Given what I experienced up to now I think this is probably one of the harder issues to figure out because it looks so unspecific.

I would say the workaround for the user is to create a few new catalogs and migrate some catalogs from older versions. Do this long enough and your problem goes away 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Dec 18, 2022 Dec 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried different catalogues but the issue is not resolved a Adobe are no help. So at present I cannot set up my printer for printing so I am stuffed

Ron Moody Sent from myMail for iOS

Votes

Translate

Translate