• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Print Module, Page Set Up Crashes Lightroom Classic V 12.0.1

Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2022 Nov 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good day. I ran across this issue yesterday, 6 Nov, and I'm not sure who (Adobe, Apple, Epson) is responsible for t/s and fix- it is frustrating. Simple to explain - fixing is another issure entirely.

I'm using a 16" 2019, Intel MacBook Pro w/32Gb Ram. I upgraded to MacOS Ventura and Lightroom Classic v12.0.1.  Going into Print Module and trying to select Page Set Up crashes Lightroom. I tried restarting the computer, resetting LR Preferences and turning off GPU Acceleration to no avail. 

Do the LR Print Module, Page Set Up and Printer Settings, pull their input from the printer manufacturer drivers? Again, I'm not sure who is responsible or even how to go about troubleshooting/fixing. Any help/advise would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I have two projects for customers in work - I should have known better than to upgrade this soon.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Pinned Replies

Adobe Employee , Jan 12, 2023 Jan 12, 2023

Update 03/29./2023:

Apple released version 13.3 of macOS Ventura which contains a fix for this issue. Please update your Mac to version 13.3 and let us know if you continue to see the crash on Page Setup. 

Thank you for your patience

Moving Status back to Investigating - this is not a Lightroom Classic bug. Resolution will require a future update to the OS.

Status Investigating

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Mar 30, 2023 Mar 30, 2023

Apple has fixed this bug. Update to Ventura 13.3 to obtain the fix. 

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 277 Replies 277
277 Comments
Explorer ,
Dec 24, 2022 Dec 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I decided to try my laptop first, since I hadn't used it for printing and hadn't set things up. I set it up exactly as I set up my desktop for printing cards ... same margins, same everything. 

Nope. Still have the same issue with printing ... everything is off center. The only difference is it no longer crashes when I'm in Page Setup. 

Colors are messed up as well. 

I just have a sneaking suspicion that the fact that LR, Epson, and Apple all updated things near abou the same time messed things up, but I'm really rather clueless about these things so I might be making a silly guess. 

In any case, it's all useless. Completely so. At least Adobe is aware of the situation, right? I guess I should go visit them ... they are about a 10 minute drive away! Heh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought I'd share the printing issue problem by showing a card I printed a while back and the card I tried to print that failed. Both used the same template. I think you can see the issue? (The older card, on the right, had been folded so you see a bit of a difference because of that, but I'm using the same card stock and the same printer.) 

IMG_0819.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since you asked for a video of the Page Set Up issue: 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 25, 2022 Dec 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also tried installing an 11.x version of LRC and PageSetup still crashes in a new catalog there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Dec 28, 2022 Dec 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having not seen posts in the past few days I'd be interested to hear if people have figured out a solution. I've submitted a video (of the crashing) as well as images (printing issue), but didn't see a response to those. I'm assuming it's just that the holiday has caused Adobe to not be working and folks here being busy with other things. 

Also, I'm having a difficult time getting my messages to post ... trying a new browser to see if this one will take. We shall see!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah-hah ... I can post via the Avast browser. Safari no longer works for me. 
FYI, Adobe DID respond to a tweet, and has asked me to do a live chat ... but I can't quite wrap my brain around things at the moment, as I'm recovring from Covid. I'm just hoping they can figure things out soon.

I'm wondering, too, if anyone here also uses PS and if that is having issues as well. If not I might have to teach myself that when the brain fog disappears.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all - I have just been bitten by the Page setup crash issue with Lightroom Classic (LrC). I am running an M1 Macbook with latest Ventura OS and latest LrC. The problem as described is that as soon as I select Page setup from the Print module lower left or the menu, LrC crashes. This bascially means I can't print from Lightroom right now because I can't choose paper size in Page setup (it is set to US Letter right now - not very useful). I have tried all the "fixes" here to no avail. FWIW, I can print from Photoshop and all other software I have tried so the problem seems isolated to LrC, latest version. Here's the crash report. Screenshot 2022-12-28 at 9.47.48 AM.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John, I'm curious if you remove some of the installed plug-in's you have listed if you crash.

I cannot replicate this issue. What we do not have in common are some of the same plug-ins. 

Installed Plugins:
1) AdobeStock
2) Aperture/iPhoto Importer Plug-in
3) ColorChecker Camera Calibration
4) DxO PureRAW 2
5) Epson Print Layout
6) Export LUT
7) jf Bag-o-Goodies
8) jf Catalog Tuneup
9) Qimage One

A stretch but worth looking into. 

And yes, Adobe is by and large on holiday until just after the new year. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I will give it a shot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue and had accidentally found a solution.  It kept on crashing with my "Custom Package" (Layout Style), but when I selected "(1) 4 x 6" under "Lightroom Templates" the problem went away.  Re-selecting "Custom Package" brought back my previous custom layout AND "Page Setup" now works.  Hope that helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was the custom package that crashed a user preset you created?

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

roelofd22012817
I tried what you wrote ... sadly it still crashed immediately for me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Dec 29, 2022 Dec 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just tried this, and whilst in (1) 4x6 page setup worked, when i changed the paper size to A3 it crashed!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

roelofd22012817

Many thanks. That works for me! No crash on Page setup and I can choose paper size. Now I remember when the crash started to occur - it was when I was trying to print 6 images on one page and I was playing around with Lightroom Templates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it was not a preset

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So perhaps our created templates are part (or all) of the problem. I MUST use my created ones to print cards, so I have great need for them, but maybe this will help the Adobe folks to narrow it down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: Another thing to note: I moved to my laptop, which didn't have LR installed initially. Installed it, set up a card, using a LR template but then changing a few things. NO problem setting up the page ... changed the paper size easily. Went to print a card. The print was STILL off center, exactly as they have been on my desktop. So I think there are two issues, but I do think they may somehow be connected to the template issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my case created presets had nothing to do with my crashes, as I only have the stock presets in the print module.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tinplater ... interesting. I still wonder, though, if it's connected to the templates ... even the stock ones? 

But maybe I'm grasping at straws.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Again, by using an old catalog that I had backed up in November, I was able to return to normal print module function.  Templates are identical in the two catalogs as are all the presets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tinplater, I guess I might have to try moving backwards. I'll lose a bit of work, though, along with some images. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Dec 30, 2022 Dec 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I just did someting very stupid. I read somewhere here that perhaps uninstalling and reinstalling LR would help, so I did that. I imported my catalog. NO edits are showing up. NO saved prints. All the templates are there (I had assumed THOSE would be gone!)I'm clueless about how all this happened. In the top left hand corner of each image (unless it's an iphone shot) is a black box with two arrows, one going one direction and the other going the other and if I hover over that I see "Embedded Preview" and if I click on it it asks if I want to build standard size previews for all images or just one. I've not seen that before. Images also don't show all my keywords and if I titled them that's missing as well. I will move to a backup of Lightroom if I have to, but I'm curious what I did wrong: why didn't everything import? Or is it just not finished yet? While it doesn't appear to be doing anything more, the "Import files at their current location" still shows up in the top left.

Sorry to go on and on. I'm just at a loss.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pattyoboe

While trying to solve this issue myself, I uninstalled LrC, reinstalled, installed and earlier version, even an Intel one. All the while my catalogue worked. When you say "imported my catalog", all you need to do is open (double-click) the ".lrcat" inside your catalog folder. All your edits should be there. Keywords will be there. I didn't even lose my printing presets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! I realize, now, what I did (may I blame Covid-brain?): I imported the photo folder, NOT the lrcat ... duh. In any case, I will have to redo. Looks like my import wrote over my original v12 catalog, though, so will probably import from v11. 

Wheter this fixes the issues with crashing and printing is unknown at this point, and I fear I may have jumped the gun: I probably should have waited for LR to send out an update. Ah well. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all, I apologize for all my posts (and my numerous typos ... eek!). Clearly I'm a major frustration mode! Secondly, I did all the things I could think of, aside from tossing all self-created templates out: deleted and reinstalled printers, uninstalled and reinstalled LR and got a (using my slightly older catalog that used to work fine — and thanks to chardinej for reminding me how to do get the catalog there correctly!). Finally braved it and tried to print again. Same old issue of the image being off to one side. Went to Page Setup ... and it didn't crash. Looked at the 6.25x9 template. Looked fine. I noticed I also had a 6.5x9 template there and when I clicked on that it crashed again. (Hmmmm.) Reopend LR and thought I'd try a different size card to see if that is off center as well, so did a 7x10 card. Yep. Off center. 

I'm done trying to figure this out (and bothering everyone here!). I'll just wait and see if Adobe has a fix for this and, if not, I'll have to decide what to move to instead. (It sounds like PS is working for everyone still so I suppose I might have to learn that.)

Happy (almost) New Year to all!

Votes

Translate

Translate