• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Print Module, Page Set Up Crashes Lightroom Classic V 12.0.1

Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2022 Nov 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good day. I ran across this issue yesterday, 6 Nov, and I'm not sure who (Adobe, Apple, Epson) is responsible for t/s and fix- it is frustrating. Simple to explain - fixing is another issure entirely.

I'm using a 16" 2019, Intel MacBook Pro w/32Gb Ram. I upgraded to MacOS Ventura and Lightroom Classic v12.0.1.  Going into Print Module and trying to select Page Set Up crashes Lightroom. I tried restarting the computer, resetting LR Preferences and turning off GPU Acceleration to no avail. 

Do the LR Print Module, Page Set Up and Printer Settings, pull their input from the printer manufacturer drivers? Again, I'm not sure who is responsible or even how to go about troubleshooting/fixing. Any help/advise would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I have two projects for customers in work - I should have known better than to upgrade this soon.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Pinned Replies

Adobe Employee , Jan 12, 2023 Jan 12, 2023

Update 03/29./2023:

Apple released version 13.3 of macOS Ventura which contains a fix for this issue. Please update your Mac to version 13.3 and let us know if you continue to see the crash on Page Setup. 

Thank you for your patience

Moving Status back to Investigating - this is not a Lightroom Classic bug. Resolution will require a future update to the OS.

Status Investigating

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Mar 30, 2023 Mar 30, 2023

Apple has fixed this bug. Update to Ventura 13.3 to obtain the fix. 

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 277 Replies 277
277 Comments
Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2023 Jan 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So the issue I think is that when a new printer was added (ie after epson enema) the [printer].plist was named incorrectly. For me it created a [printer].plist that had an IP address as part of it's name and there was a second, older pref file for the same printer. When I trashed the printer with (from system prefs) and reinstalled it, this time it created a [printer].plist file that overwrote the old one, did not include the ip address, and my catalog opened 'page setup' properly.

I noted before, that there was one catalog that didn't have the problem crashing when 'page setup' was selected. The image file in that case was selecting the generic printer pref file and not the printer specific prefs. That may be the reason it didn't crash the program. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Man in the Machine ... too techie for me. I did uninstall the printer (EP SC 800) via the system prefs and then reinstalled it but it still crashed when i selected a paper size in page set-up. Was i suppose to rename something?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to update my situation, after hours of fiddeling with Adobe controlling my computer and no resolution, I found an old but fairly up to date catalog on my backup hard drive.  I launched that catalog and haven't had any crashes since (about two months now).  I am astounded that Adobe lets this problem go on for this length of time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jan 19, 2023 Jan 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay so I have the same issue (found this thread via a Google search).

Running Ventura OS.  As soon as I select page Setup, LR crashes.

This is with a Canon Pro 300.

Very frustrating.  I can print okay using Photoshop and also Canon Professional Print & Layout.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tinplater, i too found that if i use an older backup, two months back, LR would print just fine; but when i updated it with all the photos since then and then restarted the computer; Ventura and LR were back to not working together. Hope yours continues to run well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is January 19, 2023 and whenever I hit "Page Setup" Lightroom crashes.  When it did work, it did not have a complete aray of paper sizes - no 5 x 7.  I've tried it at least six time today...hoping for a different outcome...insanity...?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 21, 2023 Jan 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This thread has been oingoing from 2022 and its rather disappointing that adobe has not reponded other than to request vidoes which several people have posted. Just tried printing a client's work and its the same issue I have reported it at least 50 times tonight. 

to the person who suggested toggling the module when printing thank you, it is a good work around you only have to play with the margins but Adobe ought to do better and fix this issue asap.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 22, 2023 Jan 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just spent two days (1/19-1/20/2023) trying different approaches on chat with Adobe - nothing worked except: uninstall 12.1 and install 11.5 - I lost some of the nice 12.1 tools and access to my 12.2 Catalogue, but the page setup works.  They acknowledged that this is a problem and they are working on it - can't figure out how this is related to the printer (Epson, for me) as suggested by others; but I am not a techie.  Frustrating for all - users and Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Jan 22, 2023 Jan 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Desk Top Photo:  That was my experience as well.  I have a Mac Ventura 13.1 and Canon printers.  Once I switched to an old (but almost complete and near current from previous backup) catalog, LR Print worked like it should.  I suspect there is an incompatibility between new Mac OS and/or new lightroom.  It is surprising that it is taking this long to find a fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 23, 2023 Jan 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello, i was anxious to see if this is fixed with macos 13.2 (just released today). unfortunately the error still occurs!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the information.  I think I will pass on the 13.2 update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the latest version of LrC. Since I upgraded to the latest Ventura OS when I open Page Setup in the Print Module LrC crashes. Not being able to print out of LrC is very frustrating. This has been going on for over a week. I know I am not the only victim.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes you are not the only victim.  This thread as been going on for 3 months with no solution (yet) from Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For months, well, since the upgrade to Ventura in a Mac Studio and Epson printer, LR has been crashing whenever i opened Page Setup.  However, i uninstalled  LR and reinstalled it along with new Epson drivers and its now working although the printing set-up won't hold any settings and i always have to go thru the setting to be sure it is set the way i want it.  Oh, i also tried an earlier version of LR but my catalog backups wouldn't open as they were too new so i returned to the current LR - but not the LR macro update.  Perhaps, Adobe will fix this some day.  Like most of you, i don't understand why Adobe is taking so long to correct this significent glitch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I must admit this has become so outrageous I'm seething. I, and everyone else, I assume, pay a monthly fee and yet I can't print?! I had to use all older work for a current show. I can't print my new cards using my templates that have been using for years. Is this acceptable for a company that takes monthly payments from us? Is it time to move on to something more trustworthy? I keep hoping that someone from Adobe will at least say "Yes, we know this is frustrating and we promise we are working on it," but so far they haven't done that. Admitting a problem is a sign of concern, and perhaps even respect, to those of us who are waiting waiting waiting. 

Sorry for the rant. But I'm furious. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you send engineering a video leading up to the crash?

No crash on this end, running Ventura so this isn't affecting everyone. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, thedigitaldog, I send a video as well as images of the off-centered cards. I've written about this issue, and read about the issue not only here but on other sites as well. Many of us are frustrated, and while I have tried suggestions from some of you who have had solutions nothing has worked. I'm certain the issue is something to do with Apple and Adobe, but surely the two can figure this darn thing out and fix it. Grumble, grumble.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too find it totally frustrating that it has taken this long without a fix in sight.  Fortunately for me I don't use custom templates, I just print out my photographs on a single sheet of paper so when I switched to an old catalog I was able to proceed as usual but I did lose the develop data on some images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could try reverting to an older build of LR or maybe boot of the last major Mac OS (Mojave).

If you wish to roll back to an older version, use the Creative Cloud application, click on the three dots (...) and select “Other Versions”.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jan 25, 2023 Jan 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YAAA! Adobe has reached out ... i received an email with apologies and asking questions - i hope you have received such an email and please follow thru on his questions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jan 26, 2023 Jan 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Couple of things, since one of you wrote with suggestions AND Adobe (!) emailed:

It was suggested I move to an older version of LR. Did that to no avail. I also went to a slightly older backup, knowing I'd printed when using that (thankfully losing only a few photos), and that, too didn't work. I have NOT moved backwards with the Apple OS so I suppose I should learn how to do that. 

I DID finally hear from Adobe (thank you!), and the frustrating and very puzzling thing is that the person said he can't reproduce the issue at his end. But I'm glad he wrote, and it does sound like they are trying to fix things, but if they can't reproduce the problem I'm not sure how they can. (Maybe I should drive over with my printer and computer. Okay, joking, but honestly, I wish they could see what happens live and in person.) He did give me a few tasks to try, so perhaps I will find the time to do that today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I DID finally hear from Adobe (thank you!), and the frustrating and very puzzling thing is that the person said he can't reproduce the issue at his end

That's part of the problem; many of us on the same OS etc, cannot reproduce this bug. Those are the most difficult to find and fix. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I find hard to understand is that they must have received lots of logs of the fault that we have been sending in.  Does that not tell them that we have experiencing these problems since early November and give them something to follow up on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I find hard to understand is that they must have received lots of logs of the fault that we have been sending in.  Does that not tell them that we have experiencing these problems since early November and give them something to follow up on?

Not necessarily. If there's some conflict with something in the user's system, tracking that down is very difficult. One of the first suggestions for Mac users was to create a new, empty user account and test. Apparently, that didn't work, so the common issue could be something the logs don't report, some 3rd party software, something the OS is using etc. Intermittent bugs or bugs that can't be reproduced internally are the most difficult to find and then fix. Adobe is aware of the issue. No one in pre-prerelease has stumbled on the bug. 

The solution for those with the bug is to wait for an update or roll back to a previous version (test and report).

Ultimately, the fix may be something few wish to attempt: a clean install of the Mac OS, then install Adobe Creative Cloud then Lightroom Classic and test. I'd bet dollars to doughnuts the bug is gone. But that's a lot of work few wish to attempt (but it would be a good test!). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UNBELIEVABLE!!  I heard from Adobe requesting I launch an old, crashing, catalog and select a template, then hit the setup button.  I tried several previously crashing catalogs and now they all work!  I haven't touched Mac OS preferences or updated the latest Ventura 13 so have no clue why I should have apparent resolution of this problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate