• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Problem w Compare View after 9.4 update- 'remove image' removes the opposite one to that selected

Community Beginner ,
Sep 26, 2020 Sep 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, first time poster here but long time users.  Major issue with my work flow today.  I normally use the x/y compare view in lightroom to do close compares of my images and to remove the ones I don't want.  Up until now this has worked well by just right clicking on the image in the compare view I want to remove and selecting the remove option.  However, on using this today I became aware that it was removing the opposite image.  I have been through a long support call, including resetting all my preferences only to find that the support analyst had the same issue on his machine.  He refused to escalate the issue and told me to post it here and ask for it on the wish list.  However, as this is something that was working and is now broken and I imagine is part of others work flow I think this should be looked at urgently. Fortunately I spotted this in time to restore the incorrectly removed images from backup, but others might not be so lucky. 

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
16 Comments
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LRC 9.4 When you right clic on one of the two picture in X/Y and select remove you will always remove the candidate one. Not sure this is a normal behaviour. I would also prefer to remove the one i have right click on 

Sheepdog trying to help Lightroom and Photoshop beginners

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine is removing the the select if I right click on candidate and then the candidate if I right click on select.  This is not was is used to do and is a major frustration now as I will have to have a major rethink of my workflow.  I have posted this on the support forum as well and someone has confirmed that it used to work they way I expected i.e. deleting the one you right click on in previous versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

seems normal to remove the one you right clic on 😉

Sheepdog trying to help Lightroom and Photoshop beginners

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flagging also not working correctly using the right click menu 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have rolled back to 9.3 and it works as expected so definitely a problem with 9.4

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I have rolled back to 9.3 and it works as expected so definitely a problem with 9.4"

It also works correctly in 8.2.1 and 5.7.1, so clearly a recently introduced bug.

Note that LR has long been inconsistent in how it handles right-clickIf you have multiple filmstrip thumbnails selected and you right-click an unselected thumbnail, some commands operate on the most-selected image (Reset, Proof, Paste Settings, Paste Settings From Previous), while others operate on the right-clicked image (Auto White Balance, Auto Settings, Convert to B&W).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is very bad.

My tests indicate that when the 'most selected' photo is right-clicked, then whatever option is chosen from the context menu is applied to the other photo, the 'not most selected'. If the 'not most selected' photo is right-clicked, then any option chosen from the context menu is applied to that photo.

Hoping this will be given priority and fixed very soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for reporting the issue. I am able to reproduce the issue and have filed a bug to investigate it further

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Sep 27, 2020 Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chinoy, I found another issue. When in Compare mode hitting the escape (esc) key used to return to Grid view. In LrC 9.4 it does nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for reporting Todd. This one is more related to https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/arrow-keys-broken-in-compare-in-light.... This is also something we are actively investigating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Chinoy, much appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings,

Updates for the Adobe Photography Products were released on 10.20.2020 that include fixes for these issues. Please install the most recent update and confirm that your issue is now fixed. Please let us know if you encounter any issues.

Thank you for your patience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings,

Updates for the Adobe Photography Products were released on 10.20.2020 that include fixes for these issues. Please install the most recent update and confirm that your issue is now fixed. Please let us know if you encounter any issues.

Thank you for your patience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rick, confirming that this problem has been fixed in LrC 10.0.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks again, Anthony!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Rick I can confirm that the escape key now works to close Compare mode and return to Grid mode as in previous versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate